CPL 2022 Season Attendance

4 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Think that's a little on the generously announced side but looked quite reasonable in the highlights. More so than the Cavalry crowd anyway which looked unusually low.

I'm more curious as to what Pacific fans thought. Good crowd for sure, but was the expectation that it should be more? Noticeable sparse spot in the one end. Good weather and time, and it's a playoff game.

20 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I'm more curious as to what Pacific fans thought. Good crowd for sure, but was the expectation that it should be more? Noticeable sparse spot in the one end. Good weather and time, and it's a playoff game.

Could have been more as it is the playoffs. I think only the one week notice was a factor, some of the people I tried to get out already had plans. Weather wasn't actually that great, really smokey again this weekend so anyone with any kind of respiratory issues/sensitivities probably wouldn't want to sit outside for 2 hours. 

3 minutes ago, davey_twelve said:

Could have been more as it is the playoffs. I think only the one week notice was a factor, some of the people I tried to get out already had plans. Weather wasn't actually that great, really smokey again this weekend so anyone with any kind of respiratory issues/sensitivities probably wouldn't want to sit outside for 2 hours. 

I usually go to games with 5-10 other people but none of us went given we all had plans already. We didn’t know the time and date until Tuesday, which is definitely a factor. I would have been very frustrated watching that match though, so perhaps it’s for the better.

If we had won the home game in the second leg, and had more time to advertise and plan, I think you would’ve have seen a much larger crowd. What was announced seems reasonable to me though (sorry, no screen grabs)

8 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I was surprised by the low number both philosophically and practically. I would have expected a better turnout and it did not feel low from where I was.

I will echo the short turnaround. I had casuals asking about buying tickets but I couldn't give them a date and in the end they didn't show up. Just another reason I don't like playoffs.

Just now, jonovision said:

Do Pacific or other CPL teams include playoff tickets in the season's ticket package? This is standard practice for NHL, etc. 

They did include both the CONCACAF League games and they gave a discount on the playoff game for STH's.

20 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

Could have been more as it is the playoffs. I think only the one week notice was a factor, some of the people I tried to get out already had plans. 

This is a common problem with sports at this level.  It's not like the NHL where even casual fans are quite aware that the playoffs are coming and arrange their plans accordingly.

Edited by Kingston

8 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I t would be great to see 6,000 plus for both playoff games this weekend.  

Looks like Ottawa have nearly sold out 10 sections (some sections have 10-15 seats left while sections W and X have nothing left) and they just opened sections Y and Z yesterday I believe and those have already gotten some rows bought 

I think 6k+ for the game is more then achievable, I am really interested to see what the attendance could look like should they advance to the final 

Edited by Atlantic

2 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

For Ontario fans.. whats the possibility of away support in the building for a Ottawa Forge final. Nothing beats away supporters in the building for football?

I'll pull some numbers out of my backside. For what it's worth I'm from Toronto, not Hamilton. Maybe a dozen or two of better people than me would make the trip. Ottawa is pretty far away from Hamilton, you would want to stay at least one night, unless you were flying perhaps. With the semi finals wrapping up just 6 days before the final, it's a big ask for a significant number of people to plan the trip.

6 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

For Ontario fans.. whats the possibility of away support in the building for a Ottawa Forge final. Nothing beats away supporters in the building for football?

Gonna do everything in my power to be there. Not really a justifiable game mid season, but for a final, I expect you'll see some Southern Ontarians make it to Ottawa.

10 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I have inquired if a bus trip from Hamilton will be arranged if Forge and Ottawa win this weekend. I would definitely go if I dont have to drive and can be back the same day. Sure I wouldnt be the only one. I'll post what I find out.

12 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I'll be amongst the contingent travelling up as well, although one week doesn't leave a whole lot of room for planning.

The last part assumes there is no freebie deal on the go (or something close to it like pay what you want), which was what was happening the two times this season that they opened the north stand previously. Hope it's paid attendance that's driving this. In general they do appear to be on a strong upward trend in fan interest this season. Winning games maybe has helped entice more of the old Fury fanbase back again.

41 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The last part assumes there is no freebie deal on the go (or something close to it like pay what you want), which was what was happening the two times this season that they opened the north stand previously. Hope it's paid attendance that's driving this. In general they do appear to be on a strong upward trend in fan interest this season. Winning games maybe has helped entice more of the old Fury fanbase back again.

There are definitely no freebies for this game.  I know people who have never gone to a game going to this.