CPL 2022 Season Attendance

22 hours ago, phil03 said:

Ottawa is my favourite CPL team (mostly due to living there and appreciating that they are making a real effort for bilingualism) and Id argue the location is an issue. A large part of the city function without cars and making it to Landsdowne in bus is a pain.

It wont happen this year but should Landsdowne get connected to the tramway it could very well be a game changer for attendance. :)

Landsdowne is a great location aside from rapid transit access. Perhaps they should look into a shuttle bus from nearest rapid transit hub as Cavalry offers (Spruce Meadows is a bit of a haul and parking waits are inevitable).

Edited by Ed_S
Typo.

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

Its looking like the concacaf game against Waterhouse will be a record attendance for us. Hopefully it’s a fun match and it sparks increased attendance for the remaining games. I’m surprised the club isn’t promoting it more to ensure the sellout and increase excitement 

I'm really looking forward to these games! Hope the home crowd for Pacific is huge and loud. As a Forge SSH Concacaf games were some of my favorite without a doubt. Fuck I hope Pacifc can go on a run and show Forge wasn't just an anomaly for the CPL.

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Its looking like the concacaf game against Waterhouse will be a record attendance for us. Hopefully it’s a fun match and it sparks increased attendance for the remaining games. I’m surprised the club isn’t promoting it more to ensure the sellout and increase excitement 

What's this based on.. just snooping tickmaster?

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

What's this based on.. just snooping tickmaster?

Comments from our VP of Operations that they are anticipating a sellout, and monitoring ticketmaster. From what I've seen, I don't think they've withheld tickets like they do for many regular season games. I also tried to buy an additional 8 GA tickets a couple of weeks ago, but there were not any available.

Edited by Aird25

On 7/21/2022 at 6:25 AM, Aird25 said:

I know my sister and her partner plus up to six friends all bought tickets a couple weeks ago and all that was available was in the GA stands. Guess they will get to finally experience the supporters section with me. LOL

Maybe I am living on another planet, but except York and Edmonton, I believe the attendances are great for a newly created league.

Some of them are CHL like.

We have to remember this sport is unknown to many non-immigrant, with unknown players for many and playing versus unknown teams.

This will slowly build up with time, commercial partners and with good marketing.

Maybe some here are already thinking we should be above leagues with 100+ years History and grandpa showing off his favorite team's tattoo at dinner. This will take a while, but we can already see the benefits of our league:

- Canadians play

- Canadians being sold oversea

-Our National Team will grow.

- Sports slowly gets more visibility throughout the country.

I live in East Québec,  and except a few friends who follow soccer, I have never heard anyone say the word CPL or PLSQ.

Time is on our side and the success of the NT + the 2026 WC wlll eventually get us where we should be.

The CanPL site currently gives 1187 as the attendance for the Forge-Valour match on Saturday. I'm fairly certain that is an error, as it seems much too low, but especially because that is the exact same figure that is listed for the York-Ottawa match on Sunday.

https://canpl.ca/matchcentre/80kepfli0shgex0rpgxxgkdn8/highlights Forge-Valour

https://canpl.ca/matchcentre/80pc3ts8pmoruuow8wjibe8lw/highlights York-Ottawa

2 hours ago, jonovision said:

The CanPL site currently gives 1187 as the attendance for the Forge-Valour match on Saturday. I'm fairly certain that is an error, as it seems much too low, but especially because that is the exact same figure that is listed for the York-Ottawa match on Sunday.

https://canpl.ca/matchcentre/80kepfli0shgex0rpgxxgkdn8/highlights Forge-Valour

https://canpl.ca/matchcentre/80pc3ts8pmoruuow8wjibe8lw/highlights York-Ottawa

That is definitely an error, they had a family promotion going on and I think there were that many people on the pitch for Families on the Field post game!

On 7/21/2022 at 11:08 AM, Aird25 said:

Comments from our VP of Operations that they are anticipating a sellout, and monitoring ticketmaster. From what I've seen, I don't think they've withheld tickets like they do for many regular season games. I also tried to buy an additional 8 GA tickets a couple of weeks ago, but there were not any available.

However, I just checked Ticketmaster again and it looks like they've released a few more seats. This makes it very hard to predict. I wish the club would just state how many tickets have been sold and how many were available. Regardless, I do think it could still be a record

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Kingston said:

Where are all these attendance figures coming from?  For example, the CPL website doesn't show an attendance for either of Ottawa's last two games when you click on the them.

...which would explain the absence of an attendance tweet from Leonard_FC last week. Suspect the Ottawa numbers have been announced at the games.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

...which would explain the absence of an attendance tweet from Leonard_FC last week. Suspect the Ottawa numbers have been announced at the games.

I didn’t hear any numbers at the match.  But AJ would have that info as he is in the press box.