Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

28 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Made a big impression in the 2nd half of todays match with Betis.  Showed off his pace both on offence and in his defending (made some great recovery runs) and was very direct in 1 vs. 1’s.  Gave Hector Bellerin trouble down the left.  The kind of impact you want to see a young player make.  

Everyone seems to be pretty excited about him on Twitter, calling him their new Star Boy

2 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Made a big impression in the 2nd half of todays match with Betis.  Showed off his pace both on offence and in his defending (made some great recovery runs) and was very direct in 1 vs. 1’s.  Gave Hector Bellerin trouble down the left.  The kind of impact you want to see a young player make.  

I always saw him as very fit, and also that he has defensive discipline, which is a good thing at his age. Not just hotdogging in attack. 

Attacked down the left? He usually played right side for Espanyol youth though did move around.

Canada will be disappointed to lose him, if we do, but the only country he had represented up to April 2022 was the US; so they would take it as a worse blow, his place in the pecking order notwithstanding.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 7/29/2023 at 7:13 AM, costarg said:

Lets just hope he's a good Mamma's boy and wants to make her proud.  She's still in Montreal I believe.

I think his Italy solution is just that, mom being from Italian stock. Her name is Melissa Vallera. She played soccer at college level, has a PhD and does conditioning and sports medicine.

His parents are still down there in southern Conneticut, Bridgeport think it was, close to where he grew up. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Have been too lazy to google and see what this player is all about  until now , anyways if this kid picks the US over the other 40 countries he is eligible for I wouldn’t be surprised. Looking at his bio , he is born in the US started playing soccer as a young child in the US . Looks like he moved to Spain at age 12 more or less to try and develop there . Therefore , this guy is basically American born and bred the connections to the other countries including Canada are just through lineage. He developed his first soccer skills in the US and enhanced them in Spain . So I’m thinking US if not then Spain where he went to develop further when he was 12 .

Edited by SoccMan