Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

6 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Have been too lazy to google and see what this player is all about  until now , anyways if this kid picks the US over the other 40 countries he is eligible for I wouldn’t be surprised. Looking at his bio , he is born in the US started playing soccer as a young child in the US . Looks like he moved to Spain at age 12 more or less to try and develop there . Therefore , this guy is basically American born and bred the connections to the other countries including Canada are just through lineage. He developed his first soccer skills in the US and enhanced them in Spain . So I’m thinking US if not then Spain where he went to develop further when he was 12 .

I understand you've never been to Montreal's east-end.  Don't underestimate an Italian woman's Momma's boy factor.  Never.

16 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Have been too lazy to google and see what this player is all about  until now , anyways if this kid picks the US over the other 40 countries he is eligible for I wouldn’t be surprised. Looking at his bio , he is born in the US started playing soccer as a young child in the US . Looks like he moved to Spain at age 12 more or less to try and develop there . Therefore , this guy is basically American born and bred the connections to the other countries including Canada are just through lineage. He developed his first soccer skills in the US and enhanced them in Spain . So I’m thinking US if not then Spain where he went to develop further when he was 12 .

But not Italy where he just played and won a Euros competition? 

1 minute ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

But not Italy where he just played and won a Euros competition? 

Would you be surprised if he picked the US where he was born and more or less raised , I’ll I’m saying is the guy has the most connections with the US . Will see in the end who he picks but won’t be surprised if it’s the US . 

22 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Imagine if the games weren't cancelled when Luca had shown up for Canada?

Garbage CSA

The CSA didnt cancel them. The players went on strike without proper legal representation and udnerstanding the ramifciations of what a strike would mean. The strike did nothing to accomplish the CMNT goals and you can tell by the latest CMNT statement that they now understand that their inital demands were unrealistic - ergo the strike was meaningless. 

31 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Would you be surprised if he picked the US where he was born and more or less raised , I’ll I’m saying is the guy has the most connections with the US . Will see in the end who he picks but won’t be surprised if it’s the US . 

Herdman should of called him to the World Cup. I said this before the tournament because it was inevitable that he would be courted post World Cup. So many players who didn't or barely saw the field in the tourney whose place could have been used for a future staple on the team. SMH.

27 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Imagine if the games weren't cancelled when Luca had shown up for Canada?

Garbage CSA

Luca was with the Cdn squad for the pre WC friendlies, but it was understood  he would not play in any of them. Not sure if that was his decision or JH's. But he trained with the squad.

12 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Luca was with the Cdn squad for the pre WC friendlies, but it was understood  he would not play in any of them. Not sure if that was his decision or JH's. But he trained with the squad.

Herdman also made a comment in the Uruguay/Qatar window that he was looking to get Koleosho minutes.

The standard to get into an Italian senior training camp isn't terribly high nowadays. An attacker with 2 goals in 24 appearances for a now-relegated side in Leeds United has eleven Italy caps since 2022.

The chance Koleosho will become good enough for a late substitute appearance in a UEFA Nations League qualifier against a minnow is rather high. So both Canada and USA fans are correct, he will likely be lost.

10 hours ago, RojitoTO said:

Herdman should of called him to the World Cup. I said this before the tournament because it was inevitable that he would be courted post World Cup. So many players who didn't or barely saw the field in the tourney whose place could have been used for a future staple on the team. SMH.

He was injured, he had an ankle injury he could not get fully healed.

He was already injured in that September camp before the WC, though he trained, but he was not at 100%. He was so far from being ready that he did not play from early October to late January.

We did not have a Koleosho option for the WC, we were honest and fair with him. But neither did we take advantage of camps or friendlies when he was game fit.

15 hours ago, Obinna said:

The usasoccer subreddit is a fun read. Here we are thinking Koleosho will be lost to the Americans, while they are thinking Koleosho will be lost to the Italians. I guess there's always a bigger fish. 

And that Italian message board is furiously analyzing fifa nationality laws to determine whether he can cap for Spain or not