Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

• 2 weeks later...

Fiorentina sources, namely one called SpaceViola, saying they are interested. As are PSV, and apparently another Serie A club. 

https://www.soccernews.nl/news/psv-identificeert-mogelijke-versterkingen-in-milaan-en-barcelona/

I read this first in La Grada, the Espanyol site.

I find it a bit odd no other Spanish club would be interested if Espanyol is unloading.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

19 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Fiorentina sources, namely one called SpaceViola, saying they are interested. As are PSV, and apparently another Serie A club. 

https://www.soccernews.nl/news/psv-identificeert-mogelijke-versterkingen-in-milaan-en-barcelona/

I read this first in La Grada, the Espanyol site.

I find it a bit odd no other Spanish club would be interested if Espanyol is unloading.

I'm a bit surprised as I figured Liga 2 is maybe the right level for him for next season 

9 hours ago, narduch said:

I'm a bit surprised as I figured Liga 2 is maybe the right level for him for next season 

I totally agree. Staying at Espanyol with a first team contract playing 2nd division, that is about perfect for him. IMO they are also the #1 favourite to promote again next year.

I think the problem is how they work the contract. He has a year left, though I think they renewed what he had as an u-19 because they had to when they started calling him up to the first team. But it still must be fairly low. And he goes next year on a free transfer which he can negotiate starting next January.

Either they offer him a full-fledged deal for a few more years, with the idea that if he flourishes they can get a good transfer or if they promote again he can stay with them in La Liga. Or they look to transfer him out now, which means taking what is probably far less than what he could be worth. I doubt PSV or La Fiore would be paying them more than 1.5 million, something like that, helped by that beauty of a goal on the last day of the season. 

I was looking at the Spain squad for the u-19s in Malta, where he is expected to go with Italy, and it includes Keddari from Espanyol, quite a few Barça players, Fresneda Larin's teammate. He will also be showcasing himself to Liga teams in that tournament if he is called in (the alternative being he goes to the Gold Cup!).

54 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

A lot of Europeans sadly lump us in with the yanks and call us both Americans.

Being A Italian / Canadian myself It really angers  me when they call us Americano . One Time I lashed out and said 'Sono Canadiese" and they just stood there and said nothing . The Irony to this these particular people I was talking too actually had relatives living in Canada  go figure 

2 hours ago, rydermike said:

I think we should start referring to him as an Italo-Spanish-Canadian-American Earthling. Kid is collecting passports every year, maybe Earth should be his primary nationality (everything else will be an adjective)

He will represent us against Mars and their star player Martianho (Mar-sheen-yo) (He played in Brazil)

He will play for Italy at the U19 European Championship.

A reminder that since Koleosho is born in 2004, he is eligible for their U21s/U23s through summer 2027. UEFA allows a relatively long leash on youth NT eligibility. Max Aarons is 23 and a half years old, and yet is playing in this summer's U21 Euros for England. Of course no guarantee he will make their U21s (much less senior team).

54 minutes ago, Canadian Chuck said:

A reminder that since Koleosho is born in 2004, he is eligible for their U21s/U23s through summer 2027. UEFA allows a relatively long leash on youth NT eligibility. Max Aarons is 23 and a half years old, and yet is playing in this summer's U21 Euros for England. Of course no guarantee he will make their U21s (much less senior team).

Italy seems rather unnatural in both directions, but remember that Mancini has brought in Retegui to the senior NT, and now they say he's trying to convince Marcos Senesi, who's at Bournemouth. They seem keen on players who are not natural-born Italians, perhaps not making the WC has brought on this new line of thinking, even though I find it odd as hell, they have the talent without having to poach like that.

2 hours ago, Canadian Chuck said:

He is listed in Italy's 27 player preliminary squad:

https://www.figc.it/it/nazionali/news/ultimo-stage-a-coverciano-prima-dell-europeo-bollini-convoca-27-giocatori/

It is actually on Thursday, June 29th that the final squad will be released.