Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

38 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Come again?

They regularly call in Nicolo Zaniolo who is at Galatasaray and at least while Adekugbe was there last year, he was not even a starter, and he's already 24. Wilfried Gnonto was getting calls to the senior team while he was at Zurich, and even got a start with the senior team this summer, as part of Leeds, who are now a championship team. Matteo Retegui has been a regular starter for them for the last year or so, and he has spent his entire career in Argentina so far- he's as Italian as Koleosho is too.

Not saying they're going to call him to the senior team tomorrow, but he catches a hot streak, scores a few goals and becomes somewhat of a regular starter, and it's not implausible to believe that Italy will just bring him in.

Just now, Obinna said:

Thought the exact same thing. Take that @Unnamed Trialist :lol:

It's higher than I thought he'd merit, I said 1.5-2 max. 

In any case, it is kind of out of left field, an English team. And a lesser club than Espanyol. But I suppose they had scouts at the u19s. Then the goal last day of the season was a beauty.

11 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

If September/October friendlies do happen (unlikely) I think you have to promise him starts in every game, Nicest room in the hotel, free tickets for whole family. Please CSA, John, whoever it is just this one time do WHATEVER IT TAKES.

I think at this point, we need to offer to replace Herdman with Koleosho's dad. Maybe we give his mother a $500k/yr no-show physio job too.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

This is what I am concerned with. I am wondering what the threshold is to break into the USMNT senior squad. Sure, they go pretty deep into the pool for friendlies, calling up MLS players and such, but would Luca file a one-time switch away from Italy to play in a friendly? I am not convinced he would. Would he get into a competitive USMNT roster? Depends on how good he does at Burnley. Obviously zero minutes wouldn't do it, but it wouldn't do it for Canada either.

I think it's kind of like Jebbison, if he's on the fringes of the Burnley team, developing slow and steady getting minutes here and there, then it may be enough to make a NL squad for Canada. If he does better than that the USA may bring him into their NL squad. And if he REALLY kills it then Italy could bring him in for a senior friendly and he wouldn't have to file a switch at all. That's how I see it.

I think Canada will push for him even with 0 minutes in the Prem and will tey to get him into a camp in the fall.

16 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I think Canada will push for him even with 0 minutes in the Prem and will tey to get him into a camp in the fall.

We did before so I am sure we will again. At the same time, I have my doubts he'll come for another friendly.

He cannot play without making a switch. He could come and train, again, but what does he really gain by doing so for a 3rd camp? If he's really on the outside at Burnley maybe he comes in to stay fit and train, but he could also just train with the Burnley 1st team. 

I don't think we see him again under the same circumstances (training in a friendly camp). If we see him again (I don't think we will) I think he's made a 1-time switch and he's come in for NL 23-24, Copa America 2024, or GC 2025. 

I think Jebbison remains more likely than Koleosho, but I don't think Burnley hurts our chances. Better than him joining Serie A.

If he was in anyway truly interested in Canada he wouldn't have gone the Italy route. He could have been capped, likely could have gone to the WC too.

Much like Jebbison it's a case of wait until they are past the u21 stage and if they aren't on the respective England/Italy fringe then we might enter the conversation again. Very unlikely anything positive for Canada happens before.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

If he was in anyway truly interested in Canada he wouldn't have gone the Italy route. He could have been capped, likely could have gone to the WC too.

Much like Jebbison it's a case of wait until they are past the u21 stage and if they aren't on the respective England/Italy fringe then we might enter the conversation again. Very unlikely anything positive for Canada happens before.

This ^

Any other suggestions is pure nonsense.

We'll be the last choice. It is what it is.

1 minute ago, Jack1997 said:

I’m pretty new to the board but Everytime I see Footyeh post it’s like he’s an insider or something, is him posting winking on a dual national thread anything to look into?

haha I have no information on where the kid is leaning but I'd love for him to play for Canada.  I'd imagine it's whoever will guarantee him the next world cup.  I fear Italy (only IF he's playing in PL and good) will just cap-tie him for the sake of it.

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

I disagree with this logic. He probably was undeserving of a WC spot and I dont think JH was dangling the WC in his face. Maybe he wouldve been the 26th man but herdman has never cynically cap tied anyone (even look at mcgill not getting minutes). 

Playing at national youth tournaments fully knowing you can still decide to switch countries later is not indicative that hes not interested in Canada or the USA. The 2 are not mutually exclusive.  

However, I do think the chances are low for us to get him. 

The US winger depth isn't bad but sort of overrated. Pulisic is injury-prone, Weah is a fullback/wingback at club level, Aaronson is arguably a Championship-level player. Their non-A Gold Cup winger group was awful. Kevin Paredes looks good in the Bundesliga but that's only one legit Euro-based prospect in the queue.

There's minutes for Koleosho there if he isn't good enough for Italy.

42 minutes ago, Canadian Chuck said:

The US winger depth isn't bad but sort of overrated. Pulisic is injury-prone, Weah is a fullback/wingback at club level, Aaronson is arguably a Championship-level player. Their non-A Gold Cup winger group was awful. Kevin Paredes looks good in the Bundesliga but that's only one legit Euro-based prospect in the queue.

There's minutes for Koleosho there if he isn't good enough for Italy.

And yet he's behind all these players, at least for the time being. I do wonder what he must due at Burnley to get higher on that depth chart. Paredes is probably the first young Euro guy he'll have to surpass, which won't be easy. Remember, Parades is still uncapped. He is just 1 year older and has 24 games played for Wolfsburg, not to mention the 40 plus games with DC United. By comparison Koleosho is very green. He can close the gap with a big season, but is he going to even play 24 games for Burnley this year? Seems optimistic, but I guess in the realm of possibility.

Maybe 20ish games played is a good over/under for us to speculate on. Over and he perhaps gets into USMNT territory?

10 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It's higher than I thought he'd merit, I said 1.5-2 max. 

Well, to be fair to @Footyeh, you said a lot of things.

On 5/20/2023 at 8:05 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Finally his market value is too low for it to be worth it to sell him. If they go down, in turn, playing 2nd Division would be excellent for him.

On 5/23/2023 at 1:26 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

But it does mean that he has not pushed up his market value that much since last summer even. I doubt they could get anywhere near a million for him, so not much.

On 6/15/2023 at 7:06 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I doubt PSV or La Fiore would be paying them more than 1.5 million, something like that, helped by that beauty of a goal on the last day of the season. 

On 7/13/2023 at 9:07 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Maybe, but how much really? I doubt they'll get more than 1.5 million so is it really worth it?

On 7/14/2023 at 2:06 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

Not really, it won't be a good fee. Under 1.5 million I'd say. It won't mean much to Espanyol, and it may not benefit the players.

On 7/14/2023 at 2:16 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I appreciate you are privy to information, but you are also consistenly wrong on the details and say ridiculous things to embellish them.

Like you said they were showcasing Koleosho late against Barça when they were in a relegation battle. Laughable. Or that the team is going with veterans in 2nd division to get back up when almost half the roster is guys who have come through the academy, including teammates of Luca. Now you say Espanyol is going to cash out, when they can't get more than a million, maybe 1.5 for the player (Espanyol has a Chinese owner with very deep pockets, they'll have the highest budget in 2nd, we are talking about a pittance). 

It's basically consistent talking out of your ass and then, nudge nudge, wink wink, I know something you don't. Well I know something you don't: he's disloyal to club and then multiple countries, plays the field with no rhyme or reason, and clearly has poor advice. 

10 hours ago, toontownman said:

Totally incorrect because he was injured all fall. So he was never going to the World Cup. Even when he came to our camp he was not well, he was nursing an ankle injury that in fact got worse. He was not match fit for Espanyol from late September to late January-early February. 

Then he could not have been capped in a friendly that was not played, eg. vs. Panama. Obviously. 

But let's just make up stuff to suit our erroneous opinions.

1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

Well, to be fair to @Footyeh, you said a lot of things.

I appreciate you have a sort of weird obsession with me if you had to spend a good part of your day digging up past posts of mine from various threads. 

You are not even able to interpret what I said adequately. If totally out of the blue and with no information to base my claims on,  I pull 1.5-2 million out of the hat, before the U-19 championship, which he wins, 3 million after the u-19 Euros is not even an error. 

But if you don't understand the transfer market you might think otherwise.

In any case, the only other things I argued remain true: he'd be fine at Espanyol in 2nd tier, he'd get minutes for sure, Espanyol do play their youth (more than almost any team in Spain), they are a likely candidate for promotion, probably the most likely, he'd have a career in La Liga if he chose to stay. All true. 

Just as it is also true that he is very unlikely to get any significant minutes with Burnley this season. And that he's disloyal.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Totally incorrect because he was injured all fall. So he was never going to the World Cup. Even when he came to our camp he was not well, he was nursing an ankle injury that in fact got worse. He was not match fit for Espanyol from late September to late January-early February. 

Then he could not have been capped in a friendly that was not played, eg. vs. Panama. Obviously. 

But let's just make up stuff to suit our erroneous opinions.

Fair. You don't have to be such a jerk about it 😘    Memory 0 Facts 2   Apologies.

Just now, toontownman said:

Fair. You don't have to be such a jerk about it 😘    Memory 0 Facts 2   Apologies.

I'm a jerk but you seemed to be the one doubling down on a few posters on the thread with false data backing absolutist arguments. It's sort of proportional.

Anyways, the kid is not going to get any significant EPL minutes, and will end up in their u-23 team, at more or less the Marcelo Flores level of play.

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I appreciate you have a sort of weird obsession with me if you had to spend a good part of your day digging up past posts of mine from various threads. 

You are not even able to interpret what I said adequately. If totally out of the blue and with no information to base my claims on,  I pull 1.5-2 million out of the hat, before the U-19 championship, which he wins, 3 million after the u-19 Euros is not even an error. 

But if you don't understand the transfer market you might think otherwise.

In any case, the only other things I argued remain true: he'd be fine at Espanyol in 2nd tier, he'd get minutes for sure, Espanyol do play their youth (more than almost any team in Spain), they are a likely candidate for promotion, probably the most likely, he'd have a career in La Liga if he chose to stay. All true. 

Just as it is also true that he is very unlikely to get any significant minutes with Burnley this season. And that he's disloyal.

1 - No weird obsession.  Just bored before the Women's game.

2 - I didn't interpret anything.  Literally.  Just quoted a bunch of posts without commentary.