Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

7 hours ago, Shway said:

Our Barcelona insider predicted this. 🙄

Don't bait like a loser.

I never said he couldn't or wouldn't be sold. In fact I'm the only one here who  predicted a value. If you don't go out on a limb, everything is true and nothing can be tested, which is what pseudo science and conspiracy theories live off, untestabilty.

I also said a year of playing time in second division would do him well and that Espanyol will likely be in LaLiga next season.

But I know when Burnley relegates and Espanyol promotes you'll hide as usual.

In any case, since noone else has the balls to say it: watch him get loaned out to a lower tier.

I am pretty curious to see where he will play. Burnley’s U21 side are not in the Premier League 2. They originally were a category 1 academy but got downgraded last year because of financial debt. Think they might’ve reapplied to get that status but haven’t seen anything yet. The Professional Development League (category 2) has good teams and players (it’s what the likes of Jebbison, Knight-Lebel and Tavio Ciccarelli play/played in) but I think for Koleosho and his talent level it’s not going to help him much IMO. 

7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Don't bait like a loser.

I never said he couldn't or wouldn't be sold. In fact I'm the only one here who  predicted a value. If you don't go out on a limb, everything is true and nothing can be tested, which is what pseudo science and conspiracy theories live off, untestabilty.

I also said a year of playing time in second division would do him well and that Espanyol will likely be in LaLiga next season.

But I know when Burnley relegates and Espanyol promotes you'll hide as usual.

In any case, since noone else has the balls to say it: watch him get loaned out to a lower tier.

I'm intrigued by the idea of him going on loan.

First of all, would that happen? Would they spend 3M if the intention was loan? Would a club like Burnley drop 3M for a player they had no intention to play 1st team minutes? His La Liga minutes are what attracted Burnley in the first place, I assume, so probably they are expecting a similar output in the EPL, at minimum. Burnley are not Chelsea, going out of their way to buy and hoard players they have no intention of playing for the first team, ever.

Secondly, if he were to go on loan, what would the level/country be? I will assume England, since they'll want him to be close for observational purposes. What division? League One? Probably too low, but does he walk into a Championship side? I am not sure. Maybe a lower Champo side, or a higher League One side? Seems to be roughly a "Corbeanu" or "Jebbison" level prospect, but neither walked into a "good" Championship side, Theo featuring heavily for struggling Blackpool, whilst Jebbison got limited chances for high flying Sheffield United.

Anyways, it probably depends mostly on his form at preseason camp. He's going to get a chance and it's up to him, but I could see him as a surprise starter for Burnley or starting for a League One side, and everything in between. That's the real intriguing part!

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

I'm intrigued by the idea of him going on loan.

First of all, would that happen? Would they spend 3M if the intention was loan? Would a club like Burnley drop 3M for a player they had no intention to play 1st team minutes? His La Liga minutes are what attracted Burnley in the first place, I assume, so probably they are expecting a similar output in the EPL, at minimum. Burnley are not Chelsea, going out of their way to buy and hoard players they have no intention of playing for the first team, ever.

Secondly, if he were to go on loan, what would the level/country be? I will assume England, since they'll want him to be close for observational purposes. What division? League One? Probably too low, but does he walk into a Championship side? I am not sure. Maybe a lower Champo side, or a higher League One side? Seems to be roughly a "Corbeanu" or "Jebbison" level prospect, but neither walked into a "good" Championship side, Theo featuring heavily for struggling Blackpool, whilst Jebbison got limited chances for high flying Sheffield United.

Anyways, it probably depends mostly on his form at preseason camp. He's going to get a chance and it's up to him, but I could see him as a surprise starter for Burnley or starting for a League One side, and everything in between. That's the real intriguing part!

Judging by the amount they’ve featured him on Twitter since his signing, I can’t imagine they’d be sending him on loan. Not all signings get interviews.

And other mentions “A new kit, a new signing, and a win!”, plus another post this morning with a quote of his from the  interview. Just wouldn’t line up to me Of them hyping him to send him away, though you never know (and not sure it would necessarily be a bad thing).

One thing to add to this Burnley has a lot of wingers. 

Anass Zaroury just did well in their friendly and is a budding Moroccan international.  Nathan Redmond is back from Besikats.  Johann Berg Gudmundsson is aging but provides depth and more Premier League experience.  Don't know much about a guy named  Hedilazio but rated okay.They have 3 more younger players there and Liam Millar's old teamate Zeki Amdouni was just brought in and has played wide. 

They were trialling Andros Townsend in the friendly I mentioned. 

I just say a loan is possible as it's a new team, new league, style of play, and he's quite young. He may not adapt quickly enough and these teams get nervous after a few matches. He's mature physically, surely is adaptable. But the pace and playing style could throw him off. So you could loan him to a 2nd tier team.

Folks don't seriously think he'll be a regular in the EPL do they?

29 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I just say a loan is possible as it's a new team, new league, style of play, and he's quite young. He may not adapt quickly enough and these teams get nervous after a few matches. He's mature physically, surely is adaptable. But the pace and playing style could throw him off. So you could loan him to a 2nd tier team.

Folks don't seriously think he'll be a regular in the EPL do they?

No, but he played 4 games for Espanyol last season, so him playing give or take 10 games this year isn't out of the realm of possibilities, and if he's going to feature in a third of their games, it's probably worth keeping him.

Also, if they paid 4M for him, he's like Burnley's 20th most expensive purchase ever. Don't know they're a team that can afford to buy and stash a player when they also need to spend money to make sure they don't get relegated.

It could make sense to send him on loan in England to help him to adjust to the English game at a good level where he can be guaranteed minutes. Burnley can then monitor his play and recall him at any time. If he were to go on loan back at Espanyol (or any other country), I don’t believe Burnley would have the option of recalling him as I’m pretty sure you can only recall from a loan within the same FA. 

Edited by maccaliam
Autocorrect got me again

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

No, but he played 4 games for Espanyol last season, so him playing give or take 10 games this year isn't out of the realm of possibilities, and if he's going to feature in a third of their games, it's probably worth keeping him.

Also, if they paid 4M for him, he's like Burnley's 20th most expensive purchase ever. Don't know they're a team that can afford to buy and stash a player when they also need to spend money to make sure they don't get relegated.

They said around 3 million euros, reports are 2.6 million pounds (I predicted 1.5 to 2 million euros before the Eurou19s). So it seems to be lower than you say.

But you never know. Usually you have signing bonuses, there are extras for performance that may be added to the fee to Espanyol.

But I'd say it has to do more with how much his salary is. If it is costing them a lot to have him on the roster and sitting, and he is not happy with playing time, then a loan could happen. Because there'd be teams willing to pay it, or a part. But if his salary is high, then other clubs may not want to pay that for a kid on loan--and here I have no idea what a four year deal would be for a team like Burnley. 

How about, guessing here, starting at 1 million pounds a year and ending at 2 million if appearances and performance hold up? Burnley has quite a few players on their Championship salary structures and well into those contracts (acc to Capology, who don't have Koleosho listed yet) so they may be lower than most.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

16 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They said around 3 million euros, reports are 2.6 million pounds (I predicted 1.5 to 2 million euros before the Eurou19s). So it seems to be lower than you say.

But you never know. Usually you have signing bonuses, there are extras for performance that may be added to the fee to Espanyol.

But I'd say it has to do more with how much his salary is. If it is costing them a lot to have him on the roster and sitting, and he is not happy with playing time, then a loan could happen. Because there'd be teams willing to pay it, or a part. But if his salary is high, then other clubs may not want to pay that for a kid on loan--and here I have no idea what a four year deal would be for a team like Burnley. 

How about, guessing here, starting at 1 million pounds a year and ending at 2 million if appearances and performance hold up? Burnley has quite a few players on their Championship salary structures and well into those contracts (acc to Capology, who don't have Koleosho listed yet) so they may be lower than most.

It's less about the exact fee for me and more about it being extremely irresponsible for a yo-yo club to invest all this money on a player who can't help them stave off relegation; if Burnley does get relegated by just a few points, there will be some very pointed questions as to why they couldn't invest this money towards a player that could help them stay in the top flight. Plus, if Koleosho is good enough to be a regular next year, he won't exactly want to play in the Championship. Other clubs wanted him too.

I don't think a loan is out of the question if we see after a few weeks that he is not close to being good enough for the premier league yet, but I would assume the plan is for Burnley to use him because they think he can contribute.

21 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

It's less about the exact fee for me and more about it being extremely irresponsible for a yo-yo club to invest all this money on a player who can't help them stave off relegation; if Burnley does get relegated by just a few points, there will be some very pointed questions as to why they couldn't invest this money towards a player that could help them stay in the top flight. Plus, if Koleosho is good enough to be a regular next year, he won't exactly want to play in the Championship. Other clubs wanted him too.

I don't think a loan is out of the question if we see after a few weeks that he is not close to being good enough for the premier league yet, but I would assume the plan is for Burnley to use him because they think he can contribute.

Perhaps Burnley are rolling the dice on Luca?  Maybe their analytics say he has a serious up-side and potential so they're investing to try to make a quick profit on a young guy that won't necessarily be the guy that keeps them in EPL.

Like keeping most of your money in ETF's, and throw a few grand on that one stock that might explode.

Edited by costarg

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

What do you think Burnley would be paying a teen on a four year contract?

And, as you know EPL, why Burnley, is there any specific logic there?

Can't imagine it would be more than 5,000 GBP a week. There are teenagers around the league on a lot more than that but Burnley's wages are quite low.  Anass Zaroury who they brought in last year is 22 and on almost 10k a week.  Be interesting to see where it is at the end of the window, but I think the highest was 40k left over from the Premier League days. 

Burnley have bought low and looked to develop under Kompany.  A focus on fitness when he first came and they were very successful.  He obviously has connections with places he has been,  as he gets a lot of good young players to loan or to buy.  James Trafford is England's keeper of the future, for instance. 

A good place to be if you are young.  Not sure if relegation would change that or not.  

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Can't imagine it would be more than 5,000 GBP a week. There are teenagers around the league on a lot more than that but Burnley's wages are quite low.  Anass Zaroury who they brought in last year is 22 and on almost 10k a week.  Be interesting to see where it is at the end of the window, but I think the highest was 40k left over from the Premier League days. 

Burnley have bought low and looked to develop under Kompany.  A focus on fitness when he first came and they were very successful.  He obviously has connections with places he has been,  as he gets a lot of good young players to loan or to buy.  James Trafford is England's keeper of the future, for instance. 

A good place to be if you are young.  Not sure if relegation would change that or not.  

Far lower than I could have imagined, I would have thought he'd be on far higher wages. That is lower than many 2nd tier clubs pay.

The wage's of most players from last year's squad will have drastically increased with promotion into the premier league.  Most English contracts have to account for the league the team will play in and there's always a major increase for when a team is playing in the EPL.  I'm not sure what's listed on Capology is very accurate.  LK would be well in the top 10 in terms of basic wages.  

Edited by Footyeh

39 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

The wage's of most players from last year's squad will have drastically increased with promotion into the premier league.  Most English contracts have to account for the league the team will play in and there's always a major increase for when a team is playing in the EPL.  I'm not sure what's listed on Capology is very accurate.  LK would be well in the top 10 in terms of basic wages.  

Even in the Premier League, Burnley players weren't on much, their top earners were on 50k, though they did get very large bonuses for staying up, almost half again.  I guess it depends on how they see him.  West Ham has young, crossover development squad, players on less that 5k with relatively massive bonuses for first team appearances. 

20 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Even in the Premier League, Burnley players weren't on much, their top earners were on 50k, though they did get very large bonuses for staying up, almost half again.  I guess it depends on how they see him.  West Ham has young, crossover development squad, players on less that 5k with relatively massive bonuses for first team appearances. 

I wasn't sure but I think him getting first team callups and having a B contract was putting him at about 100,000 euros last season.

I doubt he signed four years for just double that and a bit . Otherwise it doesn't make sense to leave. Minimum wages are now 91,000€/year in second division Spain and double that in first.

8 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I wasn't sure but I think him getting first team callups and having a B contract was putting him at about 100,000 euros last season.

I doubt he signed four years for just double that and a bit . Otherwise it doesn't make sense to leave. Minimum wages are now 91,000€/year in second division Spain and double that in first.

Just going by situations like his and what I know about Burley. No true idea what the contract is.

But a few thoughts: 1) the £ is worth  more than the € obviously, so £5k a week is triple €91,000 and a bit, not double.

No idea how bonuses work in Spain but I do know that young players contracts adjust greatly over time and are based on appearances and performance.

Burnley's new model has been to buy young with potential and pay cheap with big bonuses. To be fair they have always been cheap.

2) There are a few more reasons to move beyond money.  One maybe future money in a more lucrative market.  

Top flight, believing in the project/manager etc.

Others, I'm not sure you want to hear😉.