Luca Koleosho

Xavier.

20 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Boy are they having trouble with their development, even poaching foreign players they are slipping from their usual top-tier level.

I mean the u20s just made it to the World Cup final and this has nothing to do with the development problem the transition to professional minutes for young players is the issue.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Boy are they having trouble with their development, even poaching foreign players they are slipping from their usual top-tier level.

To be fair, it was 1-1 when an Italian player was sent off for a 2nd yellow in the 44th minute.  It's still a pretty monumental collapse in the 2nd half despite being a man down.

8 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Maybe, but how much really? I doubt they'll get more than 1.5 million so is it really worth it?

For me Espanyol is the no. 1 candidate for promotion next season, if he hangs on with them it could be his best path.

More than maybe, I said it here before as well 😉

1 hour ago, Footyeh said:

More than maybe, I said it here before as well 😉

It seems you know: but I am asking if it is a good move for Espanyol and if it will be a good move for him. Espanyol won't make much, Luca will leave, if you are in the know, and he'll go somewhere where his playing time and opportunities may not be better than a year in 2nd division Spain and a high possibility of promoting, thus being a more regular player La Liga in just a years time.

If he does not want to re-sign with Espanyol, that is fine, I will agree that a contract as a young prospect on a Serie A team would likely pay better than continuing at the club that has trained him and given him his key opportunities.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It seems you know: but I am asking if it is a good move for Espanyol and if it will be a good move for him. Espanyol won't make much, Luca will leave, if you are in the know, and he'll go somewhere where his playing time and opportunities may not be better than a year in 2nd division Spain and a high possibility of promoting, thus being a more regular player La Liga in just a years time.

If he does not want to re-sign with Espanyol, that is fine, I will agree that a contract as a young prospect on a Serie A team would likely pay better than continuing at the club that has trained him and given him his key opportunities.

Espanyol will end up selling and getting a good fee, it's what the club wanted.  To the right club.... that remains to be seen.  Espanyol will focus on experienced players next season to bring them back up.

Edited by Footyeh

15 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Espanyol will end up selling and getting a good fee, it's what the club wanted.  To the right club.... that remains to be seen.  Espanyol will focus on experienced players next season to bring them back up.

Not really, it won't be a good fee. Under 1.5 million I'd say. It won't mean much to Espanyol, and it may not benefit the players.

As for the club, Espanyol will bring up and play academy players as it has always done for the last 40 years, few teams are so dedicated to the academy. Experienced long-time Espanyol players and academy kids, I bet there will be 3-5 from Luca's B teammates on the first team roster.

I thought being a friend of Koloesho you would understand this: why, after all, of all our possible prospects, the kid at Espanyol was the one to get top flight playing time? Not the kid at Wolves, not the kid at Liverpool, not the kids in Bundesliga academies. Not the one at Nice who sat on the bench with the first team and could not get a single appearance.

Another thing is that Luca has limited loyalty, as he's shown. He's dicked around with three national teams in a span of 14 months, played one off the next, still hasn't committed, and is going to bail on the club that gave him top flight opportunities and nutured him as a teen. Next time you see him, mention this, please: you are not very loyal young man.

56 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Not really, it won't be a good fee. Under 1.5 million I'd say. It won't mean much to Espanyol, and it may not benefit the players.

As for the club, Espanyol will bring up and play academy players as it has always done for the last 40 years, few teams are so dedicated to the academy. Experienced long-time Espanyol players and academy kids, I bet there will be 3-5 from Luca's B teammates on the first team roster.

I thought being a friend of Koloesho you would understand this: why, after all, of all our possible prospects, the kid at Espanyol was the one to get top flight playing time? Not the kid at Wolves, not the kid at Liverpool, not the kids in Bundesliga academies. Not the one at Nice who sat on the bench with the first team and could not get a single appearance.

Another thing is that Luca has limited loyalty, as he's shown. He's dicked around with three national teams in a span of 14 months, played one off the next, still hasn't committed, and is going to bail on the club that gave him top flight opportunities and nutured him as a teen. Next time you see him, mention this, please: you are not very loyal young man.

What I understand is irrelevant, I'm not the player, his family or his entourage.  I'm just someone on the outside who is privy to some information... From what I hear, it's the club looking to cash out with the expiring contract... maybe you should go talk to someone at the club and explain your frustrations lol.  I have no idea if his next move will be a good one for him or not, maybe staying at Espanyol is the best option, time will tell.  

I know you love to argue (judging from many interactions with you lol), but these responses are soo weird, like who hurt you?  What are you going to say next when you're inevitably wrong... again

Edited by Footyeh

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

....and he still has another national team to dick around with I think.😁 So probably too early to commit.😄

5 hours ago, Footyeh said:

What I understand is irrelevant, I'm not the player, his family or his entourage.  I'm just someone on the outside who is privy to some information... From what I hear, it's the club looking to cash out with the expiring contract... maybe you should go talk to someone at the club and explain your frustrations lol.  I have no idea if his next move will be a good one for him or not, maybe staying at Espanyol is the best option, time will tell.  

I know you love to argue (judging from many interactions with you lol), but these responses are soo weird, like who hurt you?  What are you going to say next when you're inevitably wrong... again

If you are privy to some information, would you be able to sell Luca on a transfer to CF Montreal a la Riqui Puig? Tell him it will be wonderful for his career and a great hommage to his mother, who I assume grew up watching IMFC games at Cafe Milano. Tell him they’ll hang his jersey behind the cash register. 

1 hour ago, MtlMario said:

....and he still has another national team to dick around with I think.😁 So probably too early to commit.😄

He has two: he's eligible for Nigeria through his father and probably Spain because he's lived there long enough.

I've liked following him because of the Barcelona connection but he really seems disoriented, maybe Herdman hasn't helped either. 

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

If you are privy to some information, would you be able to sell Luca on a transfer to CF Montreal a la Riqui Puig? Tell him it will be wonderful for his career and a great hommage to his mother, who I assume grew up watching IMFC games at Cafe Milano. Tell him they’ll hang his jersey behind the cash register. 

Apparently his mother worked for the Impact, she's an elite physiotherapist.

11 hours ago, Footyeh said:

I appreciate you are privy to information, but you are also consistenly wrong on the details and say ridiculous things to embellish them.

Like you said they were showcasing Koleosho late against Barça when they were in a relegation battle. Laughable. Or that the team is going with veterans in 2nd division to get back up when almost half the roster is guys who have come through the academy, including teammates of Luca. Now you say Espanyol is going to cash out, when they can't get more than a million, maybe 1.5 for the player (Espanyol has a Chinese owner with very deep pockets, they'll have the highest budget in 2nd, we are talking about a pittance). 

It's basically consistent talking out of your ass and then, nudge nudge, wink wink, I know something you don't. Well I know something you don't: he's disloyal to club and then multiple countries, plays the field with no rhyme or reason, and clearly has poor advice. 

My view is that most likely get far more playing time in 2nd with Espanyol, they are very likely to go back up again, then he'd be a consolidated La Liga player in September 2024. They've been loyal to him, something la Fiore, for example, or some other Serie A team, would not.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

21 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I appreciate you are privy to information, but you are also consistenly wrong on the details and say ridiculous things to embellish them.

Like you said they were showcasing Koleosho late against Barça when they were in a relegation battle. Laughable. Or that the team is going with veterans in 2nd division to get back up when almost half the roster is guys who have come through the academy, including teammates of Luca. Now you say Espanyol is going to cash out, when they can't get more than a million, maybe 1.5 for the player (Espanyol has a Chinese owner with very deep pockets, they'll have the highest budget in 2nd, we are talking about a pittance). 

It's basically consistent talking out of your ass and then, nudge nudge, wink wink, I know something you don't. Well I know something you don't: he's disloyal to club and then multiple countries, plays the field with no rhyme or reason, and clearly has poor advice. 

My view is that most likely get far more playing time in 2nd with Espanyol, they are very likely to go back up again, then he'd be a consolidated La Liga player in September 2024. They've been loyal to him, something la Fiore, for example, or some other Serie A team, would not.

You must be one miserable person lol.  

I remember telling you he would play and be showcased and what happened?  He was.  I remember telling you he trains everyday in 1st team, he was.  I remember telling you the club wants to sell, well they are.  I’m not saying they are going to get an astronomical fee, but for a 19 year old player with 11 months left on his deal and 7-8 apps off the bench, they are definitely cashing out.  

You keep bringing up loyalty so you clearly don’t know how football works.  It’s a business, players are trying to maximize what they can in a short career.  You’re mad at him for not choosing Canada?  Eustaquio played for Portugal until the senior level, is he disloyal to Portugal?  I can assure you, if he was good enough to play for Portugal senior team, he wouldn’t be playing for Canada.  Look at USA, Balogun, Musah, Dest etc would have all played for their European countries if they were good enough.  They entertained them until the very end and then switched to capitalize on an opportunity.  Maybe Luca will do the same.  In club football, do you risk re-signing for a club that was just relegated and has no guarantee of going up?  If you re-sign, are you in control of your future?  

It’s ok to not understand everything.  Just revisit this in a couple weeks and you can tell me I’m wrong then 🤣

I'm a miserable human being, and part of that includes a certain adversion to BS-ing. 

I mean, I also have inside information and many people on the board do as well. I've been contacted by families and agents of Canadian players about contracts and deals in Spain, been happening for over 20 years. But I doubt anyone here knows who I have been in touch with, and then, if I have ever insinuated I knew something, I did not combine it with totally off-based comments with the idea of discrediting myself. Because that would make me seem even more miserable.

10 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Cafe Milano = amazing cannolis.