World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

53 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Gentlemen and ladies of Toronto: How many Honduran nationals you got living amongst youse? We got lots out here in Vancity. Hoping the 15,000 are mostly there to support Canada.

Very few Hondurans living here. Many more Salvadorans (looking ahead to next week).

12 minutes ago, Infernal said:

Hype

^This is what's so great about our younger gen. Absolutely zero regard for history in the sense that they know what has taken place and yet only look ahead. That energy is 🔥Come Here Lets Go GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Bring on the ocho or whatever the fuck it's called.

Edited by PegCityCam
Fuckery

22 minutes ago, grigorio said:

And I see Phonzie’s since deleted that story. Maybe wise. 

He also deleted his similar story on Snapchat. Why would he do that? Seriously, was he showing off too much or was he maybe not supposed to publicize that, maybe he’s getting too much attention. I know we love to hypothesize here so let’s hear it😂

2 minutes ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

He also deleted his similar story on Snapchat. Why would he do that? Seriously, was he showing off too much or was he maybe not supposed to publicize that, maybe he’s getting too much attention. I know we love to hypothesize here so let’s hear it😂

Jordyn told him about the abuse he'd receive on Canadian Soccer News Dot Com for posting the day before a game

1 hour ago, RS said:

Very few Hondurans living here. Many more Salvadorans (looking ahead to next week).

Yup that El Salvador game next week concerns me , there is a decent size  El Salvadorian community in Toronto , plus with the border open how many might come from the US ?  So don’t be surprised if us Canadian supporters might be outnumbered next week . 

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Is Wheeler doing the game commentary for SN? 😊

Fingers crossed.  Prime time on the national stage?  The cult of Wheels is certain to grow. 

I can see it now: rather than a catholic mass-like greeting of "Peace be with you"-"And also with you", we will know each other by the simple "On Canada"-"Oh Baby" call and response when meeting.

6 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Fingers crossed.  Prime time on the national stage?  The cult of Wheels is certain to grow. 

I can see it now: rather than a catholic mass-like greeting of "Peace be with you"-"And also with you", we will know each other by the simple "On Canada"-"Oh Baby" call and response when meeting.

The crazy part is that would be a hilarious call and response.  

29 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Yup that El Salvador game next week concerns me , there is a decent size  El Salvadorian community in Toronto , plus with the border open how many might come from the US ?  So don’t be surprised if us Canadian supporters might be outnumbered next week . 

I agree there will be potentially more away supporters than tomorrow night but I would be shocked if we were outnumbered!

30 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

You seriously think there will be more than 7500 El Salvadorians in BMO?!?  Highly doubt that.
We will be in strong voice in the South end so even if there are a couple thousand of them we will drown them out!

20 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I'm in.

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I don't think TSN bought all the USA matches, I just think ONESoccer couldn't buy them (priced out?).

I think ONESoccer never actually had the rights to all the away matches fully negotiated, but Kurt, in his arrogance, tweeted that all matches would be broadcast by ONESoccer. He was counting his chickens before they hatched.

Edit: I don't actually have a source. This is my speculation.

It wasn’t just Kurt though. Even during CPL matches last weekend they still had the USA match listed as being live on the ticker and OneSoccer announced it multiple times.