World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

Any tips for the stadium tonight? Don't see much on the BMO website. Are they serving food and beer? I miss those unhealthy hotdogs.

Also, for the vaccination check, the pdf from the email on my phone should be enough, yeah? 

Can't wait! Moved all the late afternoon meetings to tomorrow 🤣

1 minute ago, superstarss said:

Any tips for the stadium tonight? Don't see much on the BMO website. Are they serving food and beer? I miss those unhealthy hotdogs.

Also, for the vaccination check, the pdf from the email on my phone should be enough, yeah? 

Can't wait! Moved all the late afternoon meetings to tomorrow 🤣

They will be serving food and beer.

Vaccination check not required. 

I mentioned in another thread they don't accept cash. Bring your debit or credit card

30 minutes ago, Shway said:

Leettss goooooo, went to bed late to finish some work. Got up early to do some more work. Going to take a midday nap with the junior than the rest of the day is red!

Going into the city early, where's everybody going to be getting wasted!...sorry drinking. 😁

@Club Linesman and I are meeting at Big Rock around 5:30 or so!

On 8/29/2021 at 10:33 AM, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Interesting coverage from Honduras at Diez.hn including an interview with Stephen Hart.

Honduran press is snapping TMZ style footage of Quioto arriving at Pearson airport this morning.  Rest of the team is arriving tonight.  Montreal tried to claim Quioto is injured and block him from being called up.  Honduras had to invoke FIFA protocols to force his release.

Honduran FA president openly saying he's concerned about the ref being biased due to the CONCACAF president being from Canada.

https://www.diez.hn/eliminatoriasqatar2022/1488920-498/canadienses-intentaron-frenar-convocatoria-romell-quioto-fenafuth-eliminatorias-honduras

https://www.diez.hn/eliminatoriasqatar2022/1488943-498/romell-quioto-el-primero-en-llegar-a-la-zona-de-batalla-en

I remember when Piojo Herrera made similar claims on how the Canadian Police attacked him and his players. I just remember laughing, and telling my family that they would probably say "sorry" for arresting certain people and they would stop you on the road to have a conversation.

In other words, they are seriously out of the loop on how unimportant football actually is in Canada. 

26 minutes ago, Alex said:

You all remember the 1986 World Cup song? “Oh Canada we’ll always play for you”? The line in it that says “we’ve won for you before and we’ll win for you again” keeps going through my head today. I really feel this cycle is what they meant when they said “again.”  

The game of football is growing here in Canada, and with these qualifiers now being on Sportsnet It’s about to grow even more.

I have a group of friends, none of which grew up playing or watching the sport. Slowly through these qualifiers they have fallen in love with our lads and are now fans. Tonight we have a good group getting together to watch the game, everyone with new jerseys to boot.

geeked is an understatement 

allez

While I will admit I am a bit anxious for tonight, I am mostly excited to see what our guys will do.  None of us, I suspect, will ever be over confident heading into such games, but I feel we've turned a bit of a corner.  We have a team that has a legit shot at qualifying and I cannot wait to get started.  

1000 to one are the odds they're giving us

A lot of them are in for a surprise

We’ve got a mighty team 

That no one else has seen

The stars of Canada are on the rise

But who can lay down odds on the hearts of 11 men

Oh Canada our hearts are ringing true

We’ve sung for you before and we’ll sing for you again

Oh Canada we’ll proudly stand for you.

To qualify we go with an optimistic heart

There is nothing left we cannot do

Atiba David Davies and Buchannon are just parts