World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

14 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I think this match has the potential to be the toughest home match of the lot given that it's the first and the bunker & counter style of play that I expect Honduras to adopt (they love that style and its a strength of theirs that play in our weaknesses). I don't know why it is that every time we are in the same WCQ group with Honduras they get to play us at home first since that suits them (I think the last time it was the other way round was 1993).

But I would still favour us to win, even though it won't be easy. I just hope that there is relatively calmness & no panicking if we don't because there's a long road ahead of us and plenty of margin for error.

Fully agree. Easier to start away and be the bunkerer.  Nerves will be high

2 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Not sure if this has been said already, but for anyone that's gone to BMO to get disappointed by TFC, how far ahead of time do you recommend getting there?

Def gonna be there when the gates open at 6:30 pm ... for 1 reason only to get rally towel !

And will be a sweet reunion with BMO Field as the last time I have been there was March 2020...

3 hours ago, gator said:

@Club Linesman and I are meeting at Big Rock around 5:30 or so!

Our chances of getting in to Big Rock are slim and none, so we will most likely wander Atlantic Ave looking for any establishment that serves nice cold beer.  Gator and/or I will be at Big Rock by 5:50 if some fellow V’s want to meet up! Allez Les Rouges!! Unbelievably pumped for tonight’s game, just need to avoid the personal excessive inebriation that marked the historic win over the US in 2019!

Edited by Club Linesman

16 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I got as close to the Voyageurs section so my son can hear the Voyageurs singing loud without scaring him. He is just a wee boy. I hope he loves it!

I’m going with my wife, I asked her if she wanted to go in the voyageurs section, her response was that if everyone was standing she couldn’t see shit! Lol I guess she’s had that problem at concerts before! 

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

I’m going with my wife, I asked her if she wanted to go in the voyageurs section, her response was that if everyone was standing she couldn’t see shit! Lol I guess she’s had that problem at concerts before! 

That’s alright.  May be good to have V’s infiltrating other sections to get them going.  

Wish I could be there tonight.  

Just now, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Their fans literally threw bags of piss when Canada played there.  Ha 

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Their fans literally threw bags of piss when Canada played there.  Ha 

We, Canucks,  misunderstood that incident. I have it on good authority that in Honduras throwing bags of piss is a sign of deep, deep affection. They do it all the time to each other.

Edited by Sal333

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

I got as close to the Voyageurs section so my son can hear the Voyageurs singing loud without scaring him. He is just a wee boy. I hope he loves it!

How old is your son? Do you know how old they have to be for them to have a “seat”