World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

2 minutes ago, sstackho said:

For some reason, I can't set my PVR to record the match on Sportsnet through various Bell Fibe apps.  I keep getting "an error occurred".  Works for any other channel.  

I would appreciate any and all conspiracy theories.  

Honduras has hacked into our interwebs in retaliation for our drone spying 

15 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

You literally have to listen to a clip of the answer to experience the shit housing. I love Herdman. Also seems to slightly hint that we may have been spying on them all along. 

That’s a great troll for so many different reasons…love the line “a big club like Honduras”

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

That’s a great troll for so many different reasons…love the line “a big club like Honduras”

"People are probably interested in what they’re doing when they come into our country.”

About the only people interested are those who frequent this site :)

34 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

You literally have to listen to a clip of the answer to experience the shit housing. I love Herdman. Also seems to slightly hint that we may have been spying on them all along. 

Honestly, how can’t you like Herdman? I imagine the people who don’t like him are the type of people that are just angry with life and the small amount of dopamine that their brain produces comes from complaining about anything and everything. Kind of like the old saying “when you are tired of London, you are tired of life”. Only in this case: “if you don’t like Herdman, you’re probably a miserable c*nt”.

I think this match has the potential to be the toughest home match of the lot given that it's the first and the bunker & counter style of play that I expect Honduras to adopt (they love that style and its a strength of theirs that play in our weaknesses). I don't know why it is that every time we are in the same WCQ group with Honduras they get to play us at home first since that suits them (I think the last time it was the other way round was 1993).

But I would still favour us to win, even though it won't be easy. I just hope that there is relatively calmness & no panicking if we don't because there's a long road ahead of us and plenty of margin for error.

Edited by Gian-Luca

1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

I just hope that there is relatively calmness & no panicking if we don't because there's a long road ahead of us and plenty of margin for error.

I was going to post that, I just hope everybody doesn't lose their shit if the result is bad.  Like you say (and I was gonna say) it's a long road.

3 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I think this match has the potential to be the toughest home match of the lot given that it's the first and the bunker & counter style of play that I expect Honduras to adopt (they love that style and its a strength of theirs that play in our weaknesses). I don't know why it is that every time we are in the same WCQ group with Honduras they get to play us at home first since that suits them (I think the last time it was the other way round was 1993).

But I would still favour us to win, even though it won't be easy. I just hope that there is relatively calmness & no panicking if we don't because there's a long road ahead of us and plenty of margin for error.

To beat a bunker, you score early and they must open up.  Our weakness was never having much quality to get that goal.

This is a national team record breaking squad for goals scored.  Gas pedal to the floor lets go.

On 8/29/2021 at 10:00 AM, admin said:

Should we have a pool going on both how many minutes into the broadcast they mention a certain score, and how many times they mention it?

Watching Sportsnet Central tonight and as the show is ending the broadcaster mentions that Sportsnet is now the home of the CanMNT for 13 games and that the first game is tomorrow vs Honduras and then says,

-and I kid you not- 

"I know I know, PTSD"

Best Gif Reaction GIF

35 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Good analysis here, G-L.  This first match could be a real grind for us butbI also believe that we will come away with three points.

I wanted to bring up a point about chemistry which I was going to discuss in the Arfield thread.  You really never know how good your squad's chemistry is until you face adversity while under the intense pressure of high expectations.  Hopefully the best case scenario happens and we end up running the table with nine points in this first window but if things go onthe opposite direction (say, zero points after the first two games), then it's about the long game here, as you suggest. 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

The crazy part is that would be a hilarious call and response.  

I have visions in my empty head of a triple repaeat of  OHHHH CANADA  - OHHH BABY call & response leading into a White Stripes closing. 

I'll be quiet now.

Edited by Cheeta

We are going to have to grind some games out--that's just how it goes, especially in CONCACAF. We need to press them tomorrow, but intelligently. A bit of patience, with the right amount of audacity, and a whole lot a self-belief and hard work, will win the day.  Aside from one drubbing, Honduras has always been playable. Tough as nails, sure. But playable. We aren't scared!

3 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Yup that El Salvador game next week concerns me , there is a decent size  El Salvadorian community in Toronto , plus with the border open how many might come from the US ?  So don’t be surprised if us Canadian supporters might be outnumbered next week . 

Not long after tickets went on sale, I noticed the El Salvador game was selling out faster than the Honduras game when I checked ticketmaster.