World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

3 hours ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

He also deleted his similar story on Snapchat. Why would he do that? Seriously, was he showing off too much or was he maybe not supposed to publicize that, maybe he’s getting too much attention. I know we love to hypothesize here so let’s hear it😂

Some boomer must have reminded him of the agreement he'd signed and the CSA protocol.

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

I think this match has the potential to be the toughest home match of the lot given that it's the first and the bunker & counter style of play that I expect Honduras to adopt (they love that style and its a strength of theirs that play in our weaknesses). I don't know why it is that every time we are in the same WCQ group with Honduras they get to play us at home first since that suits them (I think the last time it was the other way round was 1993).

But I would still favour us to win, even though it won't be easy. I just hope that there is relatively calmness & no panicking if we don't because there's a long road ahead of us and plenty of margin for error.

Well if we draw that forces us to go to the Gran Ole Oprey to kick some butt. 

It's a short league, getting a good start is worth it but winning in Nashville could also be part of that.

Let the players decide if they want to have a jovial trip to Tenessee or if they want to be grinding their teeth all the way down.

Ticket sales: if capacity had been 18,000, we'd have 16,000 sold, if it'd been 21,000 we'd have 18k sold. Yes, I am just musing, but this often happens. 

Fans respond to capacity and not everyone wants to be crammed into a crowded section, and less so in these times. When I used to take my elderly mom to the Whitecaps, I looked for somewhere 2/3s full, and not on the ends, because I needed to be where I could explain the offside rule. 

But seriously, a sellout with limited capacity is always tough, and it is common to find that greater capacity encourages demand.

I know some of us have had nerves kick in during the last 24 hours. I personally haven't had any yet, which is kind of odd because I was a wreck leading up to Suriname.

Maybe the nerves will come, but as things stand right now this is the most confident I have EVER felt in the lead up to a Canadian soccer match in all my years of being a supporter. Nothing but elation and positivity about the game (and our chances) right now.

Let's do this boys!

13 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Looking at the ticketmaster site and there was definitely a good surge of tickets in the last 24 hours. Around 100 tickets left on the East Side and 900 on the West Side. Will probably get more tickets sold today and end up pretty close to capacity

I think other way around? 

Edited by king1010