COQ | Match Thread: Canada U23 vs Haiti U23 | March 22 @ 6:00pm EST

narduch

My takeaways 

- Dias needs to start next game, that double touch move he made before threading that through ball to Raposo is what this team needs. 

- Ballou is not the player I remember, slow decision making, 0 confidence in front of the goal, awful first touches

- Godinho is great and should continue starting

- Bassong should start next game with Godinho on the opposite side

- Pantemis is great 

- I'm loving Cornelius 

13 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

Because they don't know how to use him. 

They don’t and the kids don’t know how to play with him. You can tell we don’t have this player in the pool or in the country. 

you said the tactics and him weren’t a match and you see it. The talent is there and he can put guys in and break teams down but he hasn’t been giving the keys. 

1 minute ago, TOcanadafan said:

Unfortunately so true... I don’t understand how with each new generation the same lackadaisical mentality and approach.  

Because there's been zero improvement in national team coaching/mentality/culture.  Only way to break old habits is to make changes from the top.  The CSA simply don't care to change.  

Yeah, I honestly don’t get the Tabla hate.  Tajon wasted two from 6 yards out in the first half.  Bair and Brym were anonymous.  As was half of our midfield.  

Take away the fact that Tabla’s was the last gasp chance we had to win and it is just one miss.  At least he was attacking effectively.  

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I honestly don’t get the Tabla hate.  Tajon wasted two from 6 yards out in the first half.  Bair and Brym were anonymous.  As was half of our midfield.  

Take away the fact that Tabla’s was the last gasp chance we had to win and it is just one miss.  At least he was attacking effectively.  

Tbh one of those chances was a second from going in. Like split second, Jerome literaly got it at the last second.

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

meh..I dont find this result particularly shocking or surprising at all. This is not an amazing roster - a W and a D in our first two matches was always the most likely result imo. 

No we should have won both, this should have been a win. It’s a letdown quite frankly.