Frank Sturing

"Since this season Sturing has been playing on an amateur basis at FC Den Bosch. Before that he came out for NEC in his hometown Nijmegen. Gösgens takes into account that Sturing may not return to FC Den Bosch at all. “There is interest in him from the Canadian Premier League. We also made that agreement with Frank at the beginning of this season. If there is a club where he can sign a contract, he is free to go. He has helped us a lot in recent months when we had many injuries in the back. And we were able to give him playtime. "

21 minutes ago, PopePouri said:

"Since this season Sturing has been playing on an amateur basis at FC Den Bosch. Before that he came out for NEC in his hometown Nijmegen. Gösgens takes into account that Sturing may not return to FC Den Bosch at all. “There is interest in him from the Canadian Premier League. We also made that agreement with Frank at the beginning of this season. If there is a club where he can sign a contract, he is free to go. He has helped us a lot in recent months when we had many injuries in the back. And we were able to give him playtime. "

Kinda surprised there’s no MLS interest ?

Also CPL has demonstrated that if you consistently play well enough, you can be called up to the national team.

With CB spot being wide open, playing more at the position is the best solution at this point than being on the bench.

As you said Amuz should come here as well. Look at ehat the league has done for Waterman, Zator and Didic

Slightly hijacking as I should dig up his thread instead but whats the deal with Amuz? He was getting decent minutes at Danubio then nothing in 2020? No brainer to stay put if he can get minutes there again. If he is done there CPL would be a decent landing but he seemed to have a good future that would surpass the need for CPL. 

edit: let the scavenger hunt begin and join the official Martin Amuz thread for answers. Thanks to@jordan!

Edited by toontownman

• 4 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/DominiquePichel/status/1354371761673031681?s=20

According to this Dutch sports journalist, Sturing is returning to FC Den Bosch. Win/win situation in my opinion. Hopefully he plays well and maybe it buys him another European opportunity. If not, the Eerste Divisie season ends in May; so it is still conceivable that he would be available for the 2021 CPL season. 

1 hour ago, Güerito said:

https://twitter.com/DominiquePichel/status/1354371761673031681?s=20

According to this Dutch sports journalist, Sturing is returning to FC Den Bosch. Win/win situation in my opinion. Hopefully he plays well and maybe it buys him another European opportunity. If not, the Eerste Divisie season ends in May; so it is still conceivable that he would be available for the 2021 CPL season. 

Also he will continue to play with the greatly named Jizz Hornkamp

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jizz_Hornkamp

I'd like to think that at some point, all the guys at Camp Poutine talked about their current clubs and their current teammates at club level, and Sturing said to everybody "I play with Jizz".

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

Slightly off topic, but Cavalry FC signed a defender from the Eerste Division to replace Zator. Wonder if they were scouting Sturing and noticed that guy.

I'm guessing he came through the central scouting system for u23 internationals. 

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, toontownman said:

Barely tested but loved how comfortable he was on the ball. Nice passing, decent pace and like Corbeanu and Johnston what a rush to score on your debut, especially for a defender. 

Hopefully gives him a boost to get more minutes at club level.

Though Johnston didn't score on his debut but rather his first start.

Canadians, that I can remember, who have scored on their debut: 

Marc Bircham, Gavin McCallum, Simeon Jackson, Jonathan David, Theo Corbeanu, Frank Sturing, Theo Bair, Amer Didic

Curious if anyone can recall anyone else?  

12 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

If he is getting calls to the CMNT for WCQ then he probably is rated at a higher level than our best CPL defenders (Zator, Didic, etc.). I feel like a CPL move would be a bit of a disappointment. Another Dutch team or MLS would be ideal.

And if he ends up in the CPL, and get's called up over the likes of Derek...it sets a bad precedent imo. However with a healthy backline, I don't see him being there.

Miller, Corneilius, Kennedy,Vitoria, and Henry is currently our best CB's.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

And if he ends up in the CPL, and get's called up over the likes of Derek...it sets a bad precedent imo. However with a healthy backline, I don't see him being there.

Miller, Corneilius, Kennedy,Vitoria, and Henry is currently our best CB's.

We finally land Ferreira and we're already pretending he doesn't exist.  If he can A- get a team, & B- stay healthy, he's gotta be on our top 4.  The guy had so much potential.  Only way he doesn't make our top 4 is he knows he can't give 100%, and has to hold back to keep his knees connected to his body.