Alistair Johnston

lazlo_80

4 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

A playoff spot for what?

Top 6 teams play each other once, with the team with most points winning the league, and the bottom 6 teams play each other, with the team with the lowest points getting relegated. The points tack on to their regular season tally, I think it's the same system as Belgium.

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

Top 6 teams play each other once, with the team with most points winning the league, and the bottom 6 teams play each other, with the team with the lowest points getting relegated. The points tack on to their regular season tally, I think it's the same system as Belgium.

Oh thanks didn’t know that interesting. 

Juranovic is going to Union Berlin, which should further solidify AJ’s starting spot at Celtic. Very curious to see how much they earn from this. There were rumours to La Liga for a few of about €6M which was crazy, as that’s what they paid for AJ I think. 

this sort of move in a few years would be great for Alistair if his main plan to become Celtic’s greatest ever international and their first captain born outside Ireland and the UK ever. Berlin would be cool too, I guess 

Edited by InglewoodJack

11 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Juranovic is going to Union Berlin, which should further solidify AJ’s starting spot at Celtic. Very curious to see how much they earn from this. There were rumours to La Liga for a few of about €6M which was crazy, as that’s what they paid for AJ I think. 

this sort of move in a few years would be great for Alistair if his main plan to become Celtic’s greatest ever international and their first captain born outside Ireland and the UK ever. Berlin would be cool too, I guess 

Union Berlin is an amazing club, but it doesn't seem like a huge step up for Juranovich.

15 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

AJ will never surpass Henrik Larsson as Celtic's greatest international player. Henrik is a god at Parkhead.

On 1/26/2023 at 1:46 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Guess Alistair Johnston's mother wasn't using Ulster lingo round the house when he was growing up because I'm sure most people from Newtonards would have more concept than this:

I actually didn’t think that was that easy. I’ve lived in Belfast and only did a little better than AJ did. My wife who was raised in Belfast and went to university in Glasgow for 4 years struggled with a few of them too. 
Either way, it appears Johnston has settled well as he seems to get on well with the player he is in the video with. Hopefully that helps his growth as player to continue. 

42 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

It maybe depends on what circles you move in. I used words like boggin and glaikit a lot as a kid but not so much when around university students it has to be said. Agree he appears to be fitting in well from that and is being treated as one of the boys. We'll see what happens if he ever does a Si Ferry interview:

Haha I can imagine he’d have to concentrate harder to understand much of what was being asked if interviewed there, though he seems up for a laugh so would probably appreciate the humour when having the piss taken out of him. 

About the AJ video, my wife got most but even yer man there in the video didn’t know one or two. It was definitely easier when the phrase was spoken rather than the way it was written (for me anyway). We would use stinkin’ rather than boggin I think. The boke one was funny because we use it in our household here in Canada and my kids have even used it at school to the confusion of their teachers, but I didn’t get it from the spelling.