Alistair Johnston

lazlo_80

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, gator said:

Celtic win 2-1! The only blemish for AJ was the FK he gave up leading to the Rangers goal, he was excellent overall going forward and defending, the occasion was definitely not too big for him!

The experience of playing 3 games on the biggest stage at the WC vs high quality opposition is going to be a big plus for CMNT players re Club and Country.

23 minutes ago, gator said:

Celtic win 2-1! The only blemish for AJ was the FK he gave up leading to the Rangers goal, he was excellent overall going forward and defending, the occasion was definitely not too big for him!

Wonderful day for the man.  Absolutley love the freedom Ange gives him, and quite rightly, his decision making is so underrated. 

Ooooh!  Alistair's alter ego, Snarky McJohnstone made a bit of an appearance today didn't he?  Wonderful stuff. 😁 

30 minutes ago, gator said:

He has really grown into bolting forward and contributing from the wingback role, imagine if Herdman had a player from a big Euro club who could do the same on the left flank?

I get the impression you’re referring to Davies… I think we should play Davies at LB or LWB. At LW he tries to do too much.

Johnston could definitely play RWB for us. But in a back 3 we need him at RCB because we don’t really have a better option. And if we do play him at RWB, Buchanan would likely have to sit.

Edited by Grandbloke

3 hours ago, gator said:

He has really grown into bolting forward and contributing from the wingback role, imagine if Herdman had a player from a big Euro club who could do the same on the left flank?

Davies obviously, but Adekugbe? Just moved to the futur champion of Turkey and CL participant (next year), Galatasaray.

6 hours ago, Grandbloke said:

I get the impression you’re referring to Davies… I think we should play Davies at LB or LWB. At LW he tries to do too much.

Johnston could definitely play RWB for us. But in a back 3 we need him at RCB because we don’t really have a better option. And if we do play him at RWB, Buchanan would likely have to sit.

3 hours ago, MauditYvon said:

Davies obviously, but Adekugbe? Just moved to the futur champion of Turkey and CL participant (next year), Galatasaray.

Yes, I was referring to Davies in the position I think he should be playing with our CMNT when available, Sam plays very well there and will be counted on and as @Grandbloke points out AJ is needed to play in the RCB or RB role for us for now!

1 hour ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Dude gets his elbow up high on Ali, too. But Ali fights him off like the guy's a useless fart.

What I also love about this is that Johnston has clearly been working on his phyisique and here we can see the fruits of that labour. Secondly, the long pass he hits after that in stride was quality. Nice combination of strength and skill from Allistair.