Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

2 minutes ago, RS said:

They've had several players not on the roster with them in Mexico the whole time.

Yea we knew that, Corbeanu, Farsi, and Abzi. 
But a CB is out, and now we only have 2 CB's in the camp, and have added two wingback/midfielders.

11 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Care to elaborate? Cornelius seemed the weakest CB in January so not surprised he’s with the u23s.. seems they used January as a tryout of sorts.

As for people saying it will be a “miracle”. This isn’t Canada gold cup 2000. We have a team of young experienced pros that are arguably better than past MNT teams (2013, 2015 gold cup). It will be unexpected but far from a miracle. This team on paper is better than our past 3 squads that made the semis. 

I think the main reason why I feel it will be somewhat miraculous isn't so much the talent issue (although we aren't among the top two talented rosters so thus aren't favourites) but the team's almost-complete lack of prep (worse than usual because of the pandemic) & the fact that we're out of season whereas I think most of our opponents will be in-season. Having all the players get together shortly after many of them are meeting each for the first time while many of them are out of season. Twardek's loss from the roster (one of the few in-season guys) probably increases this aspect. On the other hand, there should be some chemistry from having four Montreal & four Vancouver players on the team, and one thing that our total lack of prep games ensures is that team's can't properly scout us so there is an opportunity to literally surprise our first game opponents. And I think our group isn't as tough, nor do I think the US & Mexico look unassailable after having seen both play, so I am still optimistic at the same time.

I will say this just add this - I hope Bassong really shines and makes it nearly impossible for any attacker to get past him. This way he can rightfully say to his opponents "Don't Mess with the Zohran"

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Yea we knew that, Corbeanu, Farsi, and Abzi. 
But a CB is out, and now we only have 2 CB's in the camp, and have added two wingback/midfielders.

Right, but depth issues at CB have nothing to do with the CSA’s financial situation. 

If Vitoria and Kennedy were available for the senior team, both sides would be in a much better position.

3 minutes ago, RS said:

Right, but depth issues at CB have nothing to do with the CSA’s financial situation. 

If Vitoria and Kennedy were available for the senior team, both sides would be in a much better position.

What about Romeo? Odd that he wasn’t called. 

Im hoping that Zator is called to the MNT but bracing myself for a Didic recall.