Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

1 minute ago, JasonDias said:

Looks like the three negatives that were in quarentine have begun training with the squad early this morning. As far as I know they aren't replacing the positive player as his quarentine will be over by the 21st. 

That’s not bad at all.

let us know his thoughts of his first training. 

hoping USA lose tonight.

7 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He was, but Llanez is a loss for them, bigger than Tressman being snubbed so I will take it.

True. TBH I'm not even thinking about the other group, as anyone who gets out would've clearly earned it. Reason why I don't care who wins between Costa Rica and USA tonight - both of them we have mixed results at the Youth levels.

We got our own path to worry about. 

I'm assuming this means Cornelius is captain of the squad, as the Concacaf youtube channel has been adding the press conferences with the head coaches and captains of each team so far. The videos for the teams playing today were put up yesterday, the teams playing tomorrow haven't gone up yet but obviously Canada has now had their press conference.

1 hour ago, JuicyHam said:

So forgive my ignorance but what is our path to qualifying? Is it a round robin and top 2 teams make it through to a knockout stage? 

To add to what N1ckbrown said, top two in each group advance to semifinals. Single knockout semi final to qualify. We really need to win our group to get paired with the second best of Mexico, USA, Costa Rica.

46 minutes ago, Shway said:

Depends on when you tuned in.
its been all Costa Rica the past 5 minutes 

I tuned in during the anthems. Each team took turns in trying to gift the opposition with unbelievable scoring chances but each team declined the gifts. Costa Rica only seem to look dangerous thus far when the US CB’s gift them with the ball, the US is posing a couple more problems - the Ticos seem to be having trouble picking up Ferreira as a false 9, whoever was supposed to be marking him was within miles of him on the US goal