Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

3 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

Glad I watched on FS1. No problems with quality there. US looked better and better with each passing minute.

DR held on as long as they could. i was expecting this result with the pressure they were applying.

1 minute ago, Tyson M said:

Glad I watched on FS1. No problems with quality there. US looked better and better with each passing minute.

Ya I’m looking forward to that Mexico US game , yes Mexico is favoured just for the fact that all their players more or less play in the Mexican league . So it looks like a battle of U24 MLS players versus U24 Liga Mex players .

With a better goal differential in their victory over DR, it means Mexico will need to win by 2 over Costa Rica to go into the final game with the advantage of being able to draw to obtain first place in the group. Not sure what happened there, US looked very ordinary in the first half, 3 of the 4 goals were scored by players who didn't start the match so I guess that was a factor.

7 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

With a better goal differential in their victory over DR, it means Mexico will need to win by 2 over Costa Rica to go into the final game with the advantage of being able to draw to obtain first place in the group. Not sure what happened there, US looked very ordinary in the first half, 3 of the 4 goals were scored by players who didn't start the match so I guess that was a factor.

They stayed patient and kept playing their game didn’t panic and eventually the goals came. Hopefully something Canada will do just in case they come up against a stubborn defensive Haiti team, stay organized be patient and don’t panic and hopefully the goals will come .

I am curious as well why the first row of fans in the stadium are so far up the stadium and away from the field - it looks like they are at least 10 rows away from the first row, and it seems like they are much more than 6 feet away from any of the players. The only thing I can think of it is that one of the new COVID restrictions imposed upon the Latin American teams is that the fans have to be bags-of-urine throwing distance away from the players, which is more than 6 feet. No doubt they brought in some random Mexican soccer fans into the stadium to piss into some bags and then test how far they could throw these 0.5 litre bags from the stands and determined the seating that way.

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I am curious as well why the first row of fans in the stadium are so far up the stadium and away from the field - it looks like they are at least 10 rows away from the first row, and it seems like they are much more than 6 feet away from any of the players. The only thing I can think of it is that one of the new COVID restrictions imposed upon the Latin American teams is that the fans have to be bags-of-urine throwing distance away from the players, which is more than 6 feet. No doubt they brought in some random Mexican soccer fans into the stadium to piss into some bags and then test how far they could throw these 0.5 litre bags from the stands and determined the seating that way.

NBA does the same.   Its too keep the fans a fair distance from the playing field so the bubble the players are in is not pierced.

Geez that Mexico team in on a whole different level... its amazing and scary to watch them press... and the players seem all up to carry the effort for the whole 90 too... its a no brainer the USA is the least scary potential opponent

Edited by LeoH037

1 hour ago, LeoH037 said:

Geez that Mexico team in on a whole differently level... its amazing and scary to watch them press... and the players seem all up to carry the effort for the whole 90 too... its a no brainer the USA is the least scary potential opponent

When seeing El Salvador press us in the first half, I had visions of Mexico doing the same but far more effectively

4 hours ago, An Observer said:

When seeing El Salvador press us in the first half, I had visions of Mexico doing the same but far more effectively

Felt the exact same way. Although the boys held things down well enough in the second half, we need to tighten things up and iron out all the kinks over the next two games, not leaving acres of space for the opposition to run onto, making sure the passing in the final third is crisp so guys like Brym and Bair can finish those plays first time, etc. 

We will need these things pristine against the States and Mexcio.