Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

5 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

fuck Cornelius and his attitude, he’s gotta earn it and this is a heavily scouted level. Idiotic thinking, he’d be watched more here than against Bermuda. 

Relax....don't take Dias words as bible. He's hearing it from a perspective, which is than altered by another perspective. Not trying to downplay play JD but, let's not gossip about what players are feeling or not.  Lucas is the new guy, and the young guy....he could be still learning personalities. 

28 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Not taking anything away from these guys that are there but it’s really unfortunate that they are missing all these players . We knew from the start they were not going to get Davies , David and Millar , but to miss everyone that they are missing is really unfortunate,  let’s be honest it will take a miracle for them to make it , I know everything is possible but miracles and  Canadian men’s soccer success very rarely happen . The only positive really for me is that we actually finally have Canadian mens national team soccer to watch in a meaningful tournament.

Especially unfortunate (or to term it another way, really fucking annoying) is the 9 TFC players who were on the original list of 50 (so basically 1/5 of the preliminary roster) and the whole COVID thing with TFC, chances are that at least some, if not all of those players never had COVID at all but still weren't allowed to be with this team. Meanwhile I just watched the MLS Extra Time Podcast which did a TFC season preview today and one of the hosts Andrew Wiebe mentions at the end of it he's getting vaccinated tomorrow, meaning that US MLS podcasts hosts/fans are get vaccinated ahead of Canadian-based MLS players despite being around the same age (don't know how old Wiebe is but it's not like he's over 80). Good for him of course, don't blame him at all, just find it annoying from a Canadian soccer fan perspective. I hope all three teams get the vaccine while they are down there once the MLS season begins.

51 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

Look for some good things from Ballou, Dias, Bair 😉 

Also squad will follow Cornelius as captain but it's almost too clear that he feels like he's babysitting the team and would rather be playing later in the month with the ST. Let's see how he responds tomorrow.

Im almost more concerned this is the impression that Dias is getting at camp if Canada is trying to sell him on the football program.

44 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Especially unfortunate (or to term it another way, really fucking annoying) is the 9 TFC players who were on the original list of 50 (so basically 1/5 of the preliminary roster) and the whole COVID thing with TFC, chances are that at least some, if not all of those players never had COVID at all but still weren't allowed to be with this team. Meanwhile I just watched the MLS Extra Time Podcast which did a TFC season preview today and one of the hosts Andrew Wiebe mentions at the end of it he's getting vaccinated tomorrow, meaning that US MLS podcasts hosts/fans are get vaccinated ahead of Canadian-based MLS players despite being around the same age (don't know how old Wiebe is but it's not like he's over 80). Good for him of course, don't blame him at all, just find it annoying from a Canadian soccer fan perspective. I hope all three teams get the vaccine while they are down there once the MLS season begins.

TFC would have been better off holding their training camp in Florida.   Then they (TFC players) likely would have all been vaccinated.  I saw a news report several weeks ago where the Florida governor was reponding to complaints and defending the fact that Snowbirds from Canada were allowed to get vaccinated at the same time as Florida residents.  He argued that emergency rooms will get filled irrespective of nationality if you exclude a certain group.

Edited by Free kick

On 3/18/2021 at 10:53 PM, Shway said:

Relax....don't take Dias words as bible. He's hearing it from a perspective, which is than altered by another perspective. Not trying to downplay play JD but, let's not gossip about what players are feeling or not.  Lucas is the new guy, and the young guy....he could be still learning personalities. 

I agree. 

Edited by JasonDias

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I’m going to say that Baldisimo, Dias and Buchanan will lead the charge

I think Baldisimo is going to have to carry us in the midfield, I’m not exactly confident in whoever he’ll be partnered with considering they’ve hardly played in the last year. 

Buchanan is definitely our most proven offensive player just based off last season, I think he should give back lines big problems. Hopefully he’s extra motivated with those transfer rumours. 

The two X factor players for me are Tabla and Dias. This could be a good chance for Tabla to show what he’s got, my hype for him sadly isn’t there anymore but we know how crazy talented he is. Dias seems exciting but I assume he’s one of the youngest players at the tournament. No idea what to expect from him, he could end up being the most creative attacking midfielder or he could be a bit too raw.

50 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Dunno about ya'll, but I think a lot of us are underselling Ballou... to me he is a guy that if he shows up and turns on then he could be one of the best players in the tournament. Really looking forward to seeing him play.

Buchanan and Tabla on either wing is potentially amazing. It is the CM that I worry about. Then whether Bair/Brym will convert. If everyone is on it is an exciting team. No doubt. We need to match the physicality though. All these teams never stop running and are very physical which will cause problems if we don't match them and stand up.

3 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Weren't there rumblings out of the Cavalry camp that the reason they picked up Norman was to potentially play him as a CB?  Or did I dream that?

Yeah, I think that's right. He becomes the third CB, though it does leave us thinner in the middle of the park as a result. A lot of wing/flanks depth for a 20 man roster though