Luke Singh

Jith12

44 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Better performance today but sometimes he gets caught looking at crosses.  I would really like to see Dunn get consistent minutes like Singh has.  Unsure of Dunn's injury but it's too bad because he really could have taken advantage of the injuries.

Dunn has a hip injury

1 hour ago, jordan said:

On the bench today, which is likely good.....since some of you would have made him out to be our number one after 3 games.....

Armas is worrying about burning him out.  He got a message in the suggestion box saying "manage his minutes"...figured it must mean Singh.  

• 2 weeks later...

To think he still can be capped by Trinidad & Tobago at senior level because at youth level he has played for them and not for us. My point is that Luke Singh is worth looking at especially in the future. I mean the more dual nationals the better, right?

21 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Cant be worse than the Mavinga/Gonzalez partnership. Mavinga is a liability and Gonzalez makes Jakovic look like Davies for pace.

It was funny, at one point Wileman commented that Gonzalez got across quickly on a specific play.  I thought the word “quickly” probably needed air quotes.   He is absolutely glacial.  

44 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Mavinga certainly can be a top CB but can also drop a clanger with the best of them. Did more than once today.

He needs a reliable cb partner to give him the support he needs when he goes out wide to put out fires, which he excels at with his pace and slide tackling . The corpse of Omar Gonzalez is not that I swear I've never seen a slower player in my life everything he does looks like it's in slow-motion .

They just picked up a LB and a winger.  Between that and overpaying the dead weight in midfield,  I think they might have to bite the bullet and go with the kids to back up Slogalez.  You cant just upgrade every position, they cant have much room under the cap left.  

4 hours ago, Club Linesman said:

Good sentiment Bison, I agree.  Oh and it’s Slomar not Slogalez. And I think we can officially go with Delbado now as well.  

Slomar does have a nice ring to it.  I dont even want to mention the other one by name anymore.  But Slomar is still a good CB, just dont ask him to get into a bunch of footraces.  Just like you dont ask Bradley to do the running he used to eh?  Better Gonzalez have a mobile partner and a FB thats going to stay at home a bit and throw some help his way.  But the quicker Singh can mature the better.  Or at least if he plays we will find out if he's the real deal.  I'm still hoping Dunn gets a shot this year as well.  

But he’s completely counterintuitive to the way Armas wants TFC to play. High line, high press. With Slomar they are susceptible to counter attacks, where its 1 ball beats all. Even worse with Bradley in the middle as the kamikaze guy flying in to tackles.

I really hope Dunn can develop into something for this Toronto FC squad.  It's too bad about his injury because I think he was rated higher than Singh before the season started and may be 4th/5th in the pecking order now.  The way TFC and the backline is playing currently, he still may get his chances sooner rather than later once healthy.

Edited by Corazon

• 3 weeks later...