Luke Singh

Jith12

28 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Upgrade from Zavaleta tbh... younger, higher ceiling, and homegrown. I can't see him not getting his fair share of playing time. T&T will surely be after him, and we can't afford to lose a promising CB, specially if he starts getting serious minutes with a good MLS side.

Better potential than Zavaleta? probably.

An upgrade? Let's wait a few more games before making that judgement. Singh has one and a bit game so far to show his stuff. 

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. He is kind of in a similar position to Akinola. Played youth for a different country...can play for Canada and fight for a spot or go to TnT and be almost a guaranteed callup. Hopefully Osorio, Laryea, etc are super dope, persuasive guys to make everyone see the light.

27 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Will be interesting to see where he ends up. He is kind of in a similar position to Akinola. Played youth for a different country...can play for Canada and fight for a spot or go to TnT and be almost a guaranteed callup. Hopefully Osorio, Laryea, etc are super dope, persuasive guys to make everyone see the light.

It's likely he played for the T&T youth since we never showed any interest at that level, and if I was him I would have done the same in order to get some international soccer experience. I have a feeling there's a good chance he can be convinced to switch programs if Herdman and Co express interest. CB is a position in the CMNT that's not as crowded as the rest, and one we are in constant need of. If he holds down a starting role with TFC then there's an opportunity for him there, and he would likely know it.

Edited by LeoH037

5 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Not convinced he has even jumped Dunn yet, who must be gutted injuries have cost him chances. Hopefully they both get minutes. Dunn looked great, if not q step above CPL imo. 

Congrats to Luke though. Hope he gets the start tomorrow.

probably, but as it stands, Singh is the one who got the chance to show where his level is at, and he ran with it. Its not everyday an academy kid gets their starting debut against a Mexican team and shines. If he can handle a Liga MX team (while in pre season form), he can handle MLS. It was trial by fire and he passed.

Edited by LeoH037

5 hours ago, Shway said:

Brah...this was pretty obvious.

2 hours ago, Dicdan said:

congratulations for him but may we get worried?

guess Herdman gotta act as soon as possible, or we will lost another player to Trinidad

Lol, no. This is like the instagram post from First touch football saying Ferdi Kadiolgu is a CMNT.

Luke is ours. 

Edited by Macksam

Looks like Singh should have been on the first team earlier as it looks like Vanney maybe disregarded Curtis views.

Armas says all credit goes to Ali Curtis for identifying Singh as a future first team member.

He’s been in the system here, they’ve known him for quite some time," Armas said.

“Ali Curtis has pushed him the hardest, identified this player as we’re talking about depth in the back line, Ali says ‘Chris, trust me, this player is good. I see the way he can defend, I see his habits, I see his top speeds, I see his left foot, right foot, his aerial ability' — and he was right. He was right. But you sometimes don’t get to see how that’ll hold up at the highest level until he’s out there, so credit to Ali, he saw this.”

Another Brampton native.

https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/tfc-luke-singh-mls-chris-armas-bill-manning/

20 minutes ago, red card said:

Looks like Singh should have been on the first team earlier as it looks like Vanney maybe disregarded Curtis views.

Armas says all credit goes to Ali Curtis for identifying Singh as a future first team member.

He’s been in the system here, they’ve known him for quite some time," Armas said.

“Ali Curtis has pushed him the hardest, identified this player as we’re talking about depth in the back line, Ali says ‘Chris, trust me, this player is good. I see the way he can defend, I see his habits, I see his top speeds, I see his left foot, right foot, his aerial ability' — and he was right. He was right. But you sometimes don’t get to see how that’ll hold up at the highest level until he’s out there, so credit to Ali, he saw this.”

Another Brampton native.

https://www.tfcrepublic.ca/tfc-luke-singh-mls-chris-armas-bill-manning/

A Brampton team vs the national team would be an interesting game to watch:

Larin Millar

Hoilett Osorio Hutchinson Nelson

Henry  Singh  Ferreira T. Buchanan

Roberts 

Ferreira and Millar only played there but the rest are from there. 

Edited by sebdeserio