Luke Singh

Jith12

Even for concacaf that was bad. 

Was there maybe a foul or something. There is nothing in between the linesman and Okello. 

I don't know how I can watch a concacaf game and each time say this is the worst officiated game I have ever seen. 

*Seeing as I posted the above in the wrong thread. I will continue the Singh Praise.*

Coming out party for him. Give the man a contract now!

Edited by toontownman
inability to post in the right thread.

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

Still eligible but has been involved with the t&t youth program. Can expect a full call up for t&t after this probably lol 

If he gets more minutes maybe herdman will fire up the zoom.

Unless Herdman is completely incompetent, which, when it comes to recruiting guys to the program, he's hasn't shown to be so I would really surprised during the next international break if he choose T & T when both countries call him up.  

Edited by Macksam

30 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Unless Herdman is completely incompetent, which, when it comes to recruiting guys to the program, he's hasn't shown to be so I would really surprised during the next international break if he choose T & T when both countries call him up.  

It's one performance. At the same time there is a strong possibilty he doesn't see another minute until after June. Does Canada call him off one performance ahead of the 10-12 others ahead of him, for a crucial set of games? 

It's potentially a bit of brinksmanship and not completley straight forward situation. Hopefully Herdman or someone from the CSA reaches out. Even if he wouldnt be considered for May/June we could convince him he can play his way into future plans and maybe even the gold cup.

I would expect T&T to be calling him tonight. Canada might wait, right or wrong until he gets a few more appearances for TFC. Hopefully they touch base to tell him to wait and commit to us. Looks like he had promise. 

What do people think is the threshold to warrant a call up? He would have to start 5 more games imo or at least get 5/6 appearances before the qualifiers and play well.

11 minutes ago, toontownman said:

It's one performance. At the same time there is a strong possibilty he doesn't see another minute until after June. Does Canada call him off one performance ahead of the 10-12 others ahead of him, for a crucial set of games? 

It's potentially a bit of brinksmanship and not completley straight forward situation. Hopefully Herdman or someone from the CSA reaches out. Even if he wouldnt be considered for May/June we could convince him he can play his way into future plans and maybe even the gold cup.

I would expect T&T to be calling him tonight. Canada might wait, right or wrong until he gets a few more appearances for TFC. Hopefully they touch base to tell him to wait and commit to us. Looks like he had promise. 

What do people think is the threshold to warrant a call up? He would have to start 5 more games imo or at least get 5/6 appearances before the qualifiers and play well.

They short termed him twice, that long term isn’t far now. It was him for a reason, they like him. Could be as simple as moving on from a CB/player, we’ll see him before June. Statement performance tonight.

26 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Don't think there is one for us. We are weak at CB and he plays that position and put in a good performance tonight so that's all it takes really.  

Considering he was born in Canada, plays for a Canadian side stacked with talent in his age group who are likely his mates and future MNT teammates, plays a position of need for us on a national team that has depth almost everywhere else and Trinidad are pretty weak at the moment, I think he is a good bet to hold out for a call up by us. 

12 hours ago, Lansdude said:

Was immense today considering the circumstances. Confident and decisive for the most part. Also, anyone notice that amazing 60 yard ball out of the back on to the wing? We need this kid in our system.

This was a big moment for him.  With the left foot makes him a valuable asset.  It's certain he will get a first team contract I would imagine.  Zavaleta days are numbered and Omar Gonzalez/Mavinga get hurt quite often.  Julian Dunn should get some playing time too.

They hit it on the head, he lives here, played on a CDN team, has friends from academy playing on CDN youth and CMNT team.  Herdman et al has already made the rounds to the MLS academies, if he hasnt already been approached something is seriously wrong there. Would he really have to file a one time switch??  

As for threshholds of calling, if he signs with big club, gets a couple solid outings for TFC and/or plays well with TFC2 for the rest of the summer, why not?  You'd be calling him for a position of need and it would still be based on his potential.  We've called plenty of guys like that based on potential (Waterman/Zator/Didic).  If come summer they are still high on him, give him the last roster spot and bring him into the program eh??  

Upgrade from Zavaleta tbh... younger, higher ceiling, and homegrown. I can't see him not getting his fair share of playing time. T&T will surely be after him, and we can't afford to lose a promising CB, specially if he starts getting serious minutes with a good MLS side.

Edited by LeoH037