Tajon Buchanan

nolando

3 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Since PSV has been circling for a few months, it follows that they may be the Dutch club.  I wonder which French club would be making a move.  

I wonder if Lille would take a shot?  They’re about to unload a bunch of players so picking up a young talent for $4-5 million could work for them.

No disrespect to Buchanan but if he's going to a top five league, it's a mid-table team at best. He's not at that level, at least yet.

10 minutes ago, frmr said:

No disrespect to Buchanan but if he's going to a top five league, it's a mid-table team at best. He's not at that level, at least yet.

Big difference from a top team in spain italy and england vs france. Lille could be considered mid table in those leagues.

Also its not like Lille are consistently tops in France, a couple of years ago they were almost relegated. And with the financial pressures facing them, they may have to settle as a mid table team for the next few years, with someone like Buchanan a reasonable investment who could be sold on for a profit. 

Edited by king1010

12 minutes ago, frmr said:

He is damn good. The thing clubs at this level would see in him is his two way ability... he has potential to fit in anywhere down the flanks like a better version of Laryea. If not for the wonder kids in our program he would be hyped as hell. 

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Big difference from a top team in spain italy and england vs france. Also its not like Lille are consistently tops in France, a couple of years ago they were almost relegated. And with the financial pressures facing them, they may have to settle as a mid table team for the next few years. 

Even so, the lowest value young players Lille have are Lihadji, Djalo and Bradaric and they are all 5-6 million. I really can't see Lille going in for a 2-3 million player.

1 minute ago, frmr said:

Even so, the lowest value young players Lille have are Lihadji, Djalo and Bradaric and they are all 5-6 million. I really can't see Lille going in for a 2-3 million player.

That’s transfermarket values. If he transfers there his value will be around that. 

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

That’s transfermarket values. If he transfers there his value will be around that. 

Potentially, we don't know what the offers are yet. Also, I don't think I'd want him going to Lille. The players I listed that would be *around* his transfer value don't play. I'd rather see him go to the Eredevisie or a mid-table German club where he'll play.

7 hours ago, frmr said:

You’re not taking into consideration the serious financial troubles Lille has. Their recent past isnt going to be what their immediate future looks like. 

12 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Since PSV has been circling for a few months, it follows that they may be the Dutch club.  I wonder which French club would be making a move.  

I wonder if Lille would take a shot?  They’re about to unload a bunch of players so picking up a young talent for $4-5 million could work for them.

Tajon if he does end up in Eredivisie, the best team that he can go to in terms of further developing him into a future world class player would be Ajax actually

32 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

@TGAA_Star Yes but it’s been PSV that has been circling him (reportedly) for a number of months now.  PSV is still a really good setup too so it would be fine.

PSV is on the verge of loaning Dante Sealy, a young American winger from FC Dallas which would be at a non-eu salary.  Sealy is an 03 so maybe more so for the Jong team however this is more aligned with the signings PSV makes from abroad.  

PSV would have to pay Buchanon 400,000 Euros to meet the non-eu requirements in Holland.  I'm not sure at his age it's a PSV move but it would be fantastic.

Edited by Footyeh

I don't know what to think of this. I think he's a decent player but if I'm perfectly honest I don't see German or French league quality in him as of now. Wish him all the best if he does go, but I think it's a pretty darn big step.

24 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

I don't know what to think of this. I think he's a decent player but if I'm perfectly honest I don't see German or French league quality in him as of now. Wish him all the best if he does go, but I think it's a pretty darn big step.

I don’t think a team in a top league buys him as an immediate impact player.  They are seeing a young winger in MLS who has strong attacking instincts, and who also stood out for his skills in Olympic qualifying.  I assume it is a strategic investment.

3 hours ago, Colliedor said:

Disagree. First app with the senior team and the guy just played 4 different positions in the span of a game and did quite well on all. Big big fan of Buchanan

3 hours ago, Colliedor said:

I mean he's not Bayern or PSG quality - but there are plenty of other teams in those leagues that he could contribute to 

7 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Disagree. First app with the senior team and the guy just played 4 different positions in the span of a game and did quite well on all. Big big fan of Buchanan

And looked really comfortable in all, as well as fitting in really well with the big guns.  Fraser and a couple of others just aren't on the same wave length.

He may fit in- but our front 3 is Davies, Larin and David with Cavalini as our 4th. 

Canada’s attacking options are really tremendous.  For now he’s part of the B team, just because of how awesome our starting attackers are right now. 

He played great today though.  He’s getting better very rapidly.

1 minute ago, baulderdash77 said:

He may fit in- but our front 3 is Davies, Larin and David with Cavalini as our 4th. 

Canada’s attacking options are really tremendous.  For now he’s part of the B team, just because of how awesome our starting attackers are right now. 

He played great today though.  He’s getting better very rapidly.

The point is that there will be times when one/more of those guys will not be available, so having more quality guys playing high level prevents a drop in team performance.