Tajon Buchanan

nolando

If we are talking about wingbacks I want Laryea starting in the big games with Tajon coming off the bench if we are needing a goal.

For the lesser games I want Tajon starting in order to get experience.

I also want ZBG to be getting reps. I know it's hard for him, but he needs to be rewarded now and then. He definitely took his chance well in June. Literally couldn't have done more and still didn't get a call to the Gold Cup. 

3 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

With Davies gone, I can see Buchanan starting the majority of games. This is his chance to make a statement, both to any scouts watching, and to the CMNT coaching staff that he is starter material moving forward.

Definitely a good opportunity for him

4 hours ago, Macksam said:

It's time bro.

This is your tournament. 

It does feel like it doesn’t it? He’s confident as ever right now and now the door is open for him. He needs to grab this.

I saw someone post on Twitter that Buchanan plays like he believes he’s the best player in MLS ... that’s what we need. 

16 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

It does feel like it doesn’t it? He’s confident as ever right now and now the door is open for him. He needs to grab this.

I saw someone post on Twitter that Buchanan plays like he believes he’s the best player in MLS ... that’s what we need. 

Yeah, I saw that too. He definitely plays with a certain confidence.

We’re going to need a bit of individual brilliance in the absence of Davies. Good opportunity for him to step up.

1 hour ago, ag futbol said:

We are way past that point. He already has a lot of interest from Europe. The question is when (not if) the transfer goes through.

The problem is that the Revs may not want to sell for a few million which might be all he is worth at the moment. They will see more value in keeping him and winning the MLS Cup.

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

The problem is that the Revs may not want to sell for a few million which might be all he is worth at the moment. They will see more value in keeping him and winning the MLS Cup.

Which sucks in the short term but longer term is fine. You are right, they may not let him go this summer but I would say the offseason is a virtual certainty. 

6 hours ago, ag futbol said:

Which sucks in the short term but longer term is fine. You are right, they may not let him go this summer but I would say the offseason is a virtual certainty. 

It doesnt suck.  We have already seen that if you go to europe too early and end up commanding a lower fee,  it limits the player’s opportunities.   Its best to go for a good fee, that way they wont shuffle you off (via loan) to some lower club or division or make you sit on the bench.   I really dont see what the rush is for player like this to go to Europe.  Lets see him dominate the league first.

Edited by Free kick

3 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Obinna I would rathert see him go to big club like a Sporting, Atalanta, Fiorentina, Ajax, 

Those can be big clubs.  But none of those are “really big” clubs.  They can have their moments of glory in a given year but they can have years where they suck.  In two of those cases, they are big but dont play in strong league with good competition throughout.

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

It doesnt suck.  We have already seen that if you go to europe too earlier and end up commanding a lower fee,  this limits the player’s opportunities.   Its best to go for a good fee, that way they wont shuffle you off (via loan) to some lower club or division or make you sit on the bench.   I really dont see what the rush is for player like this fo go to Europe.  Lets see him dominate the league first.

There are definitely benefits to him staying the rest of the season.

New England are having a strong season and he's been a big part of it. He's on pace to reach double figures in goals and assists. Should he rack up those numbers with New England winning a trophy, or at least coming close, that would count as "dominating" the league. The transfer fee would be much larger than if he left in the summer, meaning he'll likely go to a BIG club rather than a big club, if you know what I mean. I don't see the likes of Sporting, PSV or Salzburg paying an 8 figure fee. 

7 minutes ago, Free kick said:

It doesnt suck.  We have already seen that if you go to europe too earlier and end up commanding a lower fee,  this limits the player’s opportunities.   Its best to go for a good fee, that way they wont shuffle you off (via loan) to some lower club or division or make you sit on the bench.   I really dont see what the rush is for player like this to go to Europe.  Lets see him dominate the league first.

My (hot) take is better to go during the European offseason than mid-year in January, especially as a player who will likely be developing rather than contributing right away. 

He already did well in the later half of last season in MLS / playoffs and has carried that over to this year. There is no need to drag out his stay in North America.

Just curious has he mentioned he wants to go to Europe? Or has New England mentioned they want to sell him? 

I mean at this rate and the way he is playing he could be very well getting  an offer of DP money by New England sometime soon. 

I mean 90% he goes to Europe but would that not be a possibility as DP MLS player? 

1 hour ago, gigi riva said:

Obinna I would rathert see him go to big club like a Sporting, Atalanta, Fiorentina, Ajax, 

I’d love to see him end up at Atalanta. They play free flowing football and his speed would be well used there. Unfortunately they usually shop for lower priced guys, so I’m not sure if Tajon would be priced too high for them.

1 minute ago, Strait Red said:

I’d love to see him end up at Atalanta. They play free flowing football and his speed would be well used there. Unfortunately they usually shop for lower priced guys, so I’m not sure if Tajon would be priced too high for them.

Also, under their current coach,  they employ a system that relys imensely on the wingbacks and wing play.  Moreso than any other team.  

2 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Also, under their current coach,  they employ a system that relys imensely on the wingbacks and wing play.  Moreso than any other team.  

In addition to that, it's probably the type of team he could get into more quickly, rather than Juventus for example. Atalanta could probably afford to pay a decently sized transfer fee for him as well. To my knowledge though he hasn't been linked to them yet.

2 hours ago, apbsmith said:

Just curious has he mentioned he wants to go to Europe? Or has New England mentioned they want to sell him? 

I mean at this rate and the way he is playing he could be very well getting  an offer of DP money by New England sometime soon. 

I mean 90% he goes to Europe but would that not be a possibility as DP MLS player? 

MLS teams do not reward players like that with DP contracts.

He needs to be putting up record numbers or challenging the stats leaders to be considered DP worthy.

If it’s money he’s after, Europe is the way. If it’s advancing his career that he’s after…Europe is still the way.

Edited by Shway

3 hours ago, Shway said:

MLS teams do not reward players like that with DP contracts.

He needs to be putting up record numbers or challenging the stats leaders to be considered DP worthy.

If it’s money he’s after, Europe is the way. If it’s advancing his career that he’s after…Europe is still the way.

I agree Re: Europe. I barely follow any MLS at all, was mainly just curious, so thanks for info.

Because he's rolling and because WCQ is just around the corner and such a small window,  I'd just hate to see him go to the wrong place in Europe and sit on the bench.

Will be interesting how this plays out, that's for sure.

Edited by apbsmith