Tajon Buchanan

nolando

Just now, LeoH037 said:

The point is that there will be times when one/more of those guys will not be available, so having more quality guys playing high level prevents a drop in team performance. 

Exactly.

I think it’s hard to say he’s starting over any of David, Davies, or Larin up top but there’s a lot to like. To me he’s easily leap frogging a lot of other guys on the roster. More versatile, plays 2-way, very aggressive, and is a real catalyst out there. 

And he’s doing this at club level too.

Just now, LeoH037 said:

Tajon looked a lot better when on the attack too, and it's really comforting to know he is a legit option at either of RW or LW with Hoilett going off injured.

We saw this in the Olympic qualifiers - he has the quality, tenacity, and the swagger to play anywhere in the attack.

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

fackin hell he's not an RB!

Let's talk about ZBG who came in and did a great job at his natural position.

He’s a Tajon even better.

seriously though I prefer him at RW, but the fact that he is so versatile is huge. 

3 minutes ago, Shway said:

fackin hell he's not an RB!

Let's talk about ZBG who came in and did a great job at his natural position.

He’s played RB at club level quite a bit. Now, he’s more of a Alphonso Davies fullback who is counted to bomb up the field, but he’s played here. 

I’d like to see a few games where he has to stick to a defensive assignment and see how he does. If he can handle that cleanly, I’d put him in as the starting RB. 

Ceiling here is substantially higher than anyone else in the discussion at this position.

3 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

He’s played RB at club level quite a bit. Now, he’s more of a Alphonso Davies fullback who is counted to bomb up the field, but he’s played here. 

I’d like to see a few games where he has to stick to a defensive assignment and see how he does. If he can handle that cleanly, I’d put him in as the starting RB. 

Ceiling here is substantially higher than anyone else in the discussion at this position.

He played RB a lot less than hes played RW/LW- Bruce realized he's better suited higher up:
image.png.754baf83f5386c147c7d633fba940c73.png

Edited by Shway

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

He played RB a lot less than hes played RW/LW- Bruce realized he's better suited higher up:
image.png.754baf83f5386c147c7d633fba940c73.png

During their playoff run last year they played him at RB. It was an unexpected shift but a big success. I’m not saying he plays at RB every week only that he has played RB so to mention him for that spot isn’t completely off base 

Edit: even in some of those games you’ve quoted above.. he’s playing  multiple spots over the course of the match.

Edited by ag futbol

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

Yah its strange to me. ZBG is a right back, always looks solid. Is the same age as Tajon. Came on scored a highlite real goal but yet whats the conversation?

Some of us have been big on ZBG for a while now.  He is involved in most of the good attacking plays by CF Montreal in the games I have watched.  

7 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Damned impressed by Tajon tonight, for sure.  I knew he had the wheels and the athleticism, but it is his soccer brain that most impressed me tonight. Bruce Arena has done great work with the young man.  Ceiling is high for this kid. (And, yes, ZBG was also very good.)

I’ve followed Bruce Arena since he was a college coach at Virginia back in the day where he won a few NCAA division I titles with Virginia , yes he was the coach of the ill fated US not making it to the World Cup but also coached the US to a World Cup and advanced them out of their World Cup group . He has coached a good many American players throughout the years in college and the MLS that went on and had good careers in Europe too . I’m not surprised that he saw something in Tajon and gave him playing time with New England, Bruce Arena has has a good track record of identifying talent and he saw something in Tajon and hopefully it looks like he will be moving to Europe soon .

I can't wait until he moves to Europe soon

https://www.thebentmusket.com/2021/6/4/22519725/new-england-revolution-rumor-tajon-buchanan-headed-europe

Reading this article, apparently a Dutch team and a French team have come calling but also 2 Bundesliga teams have also come calling on this kid.

But the only Dutch team that I have heard inquire about him is PSV. But French teams that I could speculate on him as far as offers could be (Lille, Monaco, Lyon or Marseille).

As far as Bundesliga teams that we could speculate about that could even remotely show any interest in him would be: Dortmund or Leverkusen

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

I can't wait until he moves to Europe soon

https://www.thebentmusket.com/2021/6/4/22519725/new-england-revolution-rumor-tajon-buchanan-headed-europe

Reading this article, apparently a Dutch team and a French team have come calling but also 2 Bundesliga teams have also come calling on this kid.

But the only Dutch team that I have heard inquire about him is PSV. But French teams that I could speculate on him as far as offers could be (Lille, Monaco, Lyon or Marseille).

As far as Bundesliga teams that we could speculate about that could even remotely show any interest in him would be: Dortmund or Leverkusen

He should go to RB Leipzig. 

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

All of One Soccer kept harping on about Taking at RB when all his great work came once he was pushed up to wing. He's going to be a winger for Canada. The hope is that whatever club he moves to next will use him as a winger.

Exactly. Everything he did great was him not playing RB. 7-0 is not a football match. Davies can play fullback because he's a physical specimen so he makes up for lack of experience in that position by just out muscling people. I remember when I was trying to look at a 16 17 yr old fonzie with a critical eye the thing that really sealed the deal for me was when lost the ball he would just take it right back or every challenge he just came away with the ball. Tajon is not that, but really who is? I know everyone wants to get excited but if you want him on the field he has to get behind Davies, David, Hoilett, Larin, Corbeanu or Millar or something like that

Edited by SpursFlu