Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

He was very active and dangerous yesterday - strong performance. With the form he’s in at RW right now he would be my first option as a sub.

Me too I hope we have him start against Aruba but against Suriname we can use him as a substitute

I feel like most folk on here are sleeping on Tajon, and personally I would not at all be surprised if he saw (hell, even started) the pitch against Suriname. The way the guy has been playing in MLS warrants it, he is clearly ready for this level of football, and more.

I would consider him starting at RW which would  make him and Laryea pretty much interchangeable as he could fall back when Laryea attacks.

It also allows Hoilett to come off the bench (or Millar or Corbeanu) if a goal is needed later and these guys are more attack minded. You could even take off an Adekugbe for one of those 3, move Laryea to LB and Buchanan back to RB if a goal is required which would give you a much more attacking formation.

33 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

I feel like most folk on here are sleeping on Tajon, and personally I would not at all be surprised if he saw (hell, even started) the pitch against Suriname. The way the guy has been playing in MLS warrants it, he is clearly ready for this level of football, and more.

Not I, but I agree.
The fact that some have put him at RB too, is even more underrating him. I give two shits about what some European teams thinks.  

I don’t have him as starting, but he’s definitely one of my first subs off the bench chasing a game. 

His performance in the COQ and his play with the Revs makes me excited to see him play. 

5 hours ago, An Observer said:

I would consider him starting at RW which would  make him and Laryea pretty much interchangeable as he could fall back when Laryea attacks.

It also allows Hoilett to come off the bench (or Millar or Corbeanu) if a goal is needed later and these guys are more attack minded. You could even take off an Adekugbe for one of those 3, move Laryea to LB and Buchanan back to RB if a goal is required which would give you a much more attacking formation.

I would definitely agree which is why he should start against Aruba and then against Suriname I would bring him off the bench as a substitute

6 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

I’d be surprised to see him start, just because of the other players we have that could fit into that position. Davies has LW, so you have to fit in Larin and David, one of them probably ends up at RW IMO. It is certainly possible Larin plays as a 9 with David as a 10 though, particularly with a less loaded midfield than we usually have.

43 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I would be floored if Tajon started.  Just seems unlikely.   That isn’t meant to disrespect him -  like others I have him one of the first off the bench if we need offence.  But with the attacking talent we have I think it would be a bit much to hand him a starting role.  

Well we could give him a starting role just as a test run sorta speak by having him start against Aruba and then against Suriname like I said you have him come off the bench as a substitute

Unless there’s injuries, I’m 100% confident that I won’t see him start against Suriname.

Between, Davies, David, Cav, and Larin there’s too much fire power to see anything new - I’ll be surprised if we see them all feature in a front four. (God willing we are not chasing the game)

8 minutes ago, Shway said:

Unless there’s injuries, I’m 100% confident that I won’t see him start against Suriname.

Between, Davies, David, Cav, and Larin there’s too much fire power to see anything new - I’ll be surprised if we see them all feature in a front four. (God willing we are not chasing the game)

Yeah, it is mainly Suriname that I was thinking of.  No idea how we will approach the Aruba game.  Could be the same starting 11 to use it as a practice run or it could be more experimental and rotational to make sure everyone is fresh for Suriname. 

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, it is mainly Suriname that I was thinking of.  No idea how we will approach the Aruba game.  Could be the same starting 11 to use it as a practice run or it could be more experimental and rotational to make sure everyone is fresh for Suriname. 

This is an interesting question. To me, knowing we only have 2 days off until the Suriname match said rotation and keep our A lineup fresh should be the #1 priority. If going into the Aruba game, we know that we only need a minimal goal differential (ie 2 goals or less) to keep the tiebreaker over Suriname, I would probably go with a B linueup. 

I think we'll see a lineup similar to the Cayman Islands vs. Aruba with Davies at LB. I also think we'll see David start up top as he hasn't played a Canada match since November 2019. I'd suspect/hope that both are subbed out in the second half. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Buchanan start in the Aruba match.

-------------Larin--------------

Hoilett-------David-------Buchanan

-------Wotherspoon----Piette---------

Davies--Kennedy-Henry--Johnston

------------Borjan--------------------

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I would be floored if Tajon started.  Just seems unlikely.   That isn’t meant to disrespect him -  like others I have him one of the first off the bench if we need offence.  But with the attacking talent we have I think it would be a bit much to hand him a starting role.  

I don't think it would be too much if it happened. He is ready and more than capable IMO.

1 hour ago, LeoH037 said:

I don't think it would be too much if it happened. He is ready and more than capable IMO.

“Floored” is probably stronger than necessary.  I have a ton of respect for him and think he will be a beast for years to come.  I just don’t think he is ahead of the core group of attacking players in matches that matter quite yet.  AT this point, against a Suriname or Haiti, I would far rather see him come in with fresh legs and take on defenders who have been running for 60-70 minutes.  

2 hours ago, LeoH037 said:

He may be ready & capable but it would be his first or 2nd (Aruba) cap for the senior team. A huge ask and massive pressure in a game that is probably, to date, the most important since our 2-1 away loss to Honduras in 2018 WCQ.  I would think JH starts an "experienced" XI vs Suriname. 

15 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Not sure that’s the case. His new club might be onboard with it. 

Not likely if they seriously consider him a potential roster player.

He would need time to settle into the country and then the club and teammates. Pre-season training for French & Dutch leagues start sometime in July as their seasons start in early August. Then they would potentially lose him in September to WCQ.

Edited by red card