The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

He lost 2 front teeth and he's out for a game 2 weeks away?  I don't want to "hockey fan stereotype" here, but are you fucking kidding me?  Must be more to it.  Concussion?  

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Where are they reporting that? Cant find it. 

My apologies. I went back to confirm what I had read and found that it was just the poster's speculation. It wasn't actually in the article. "No confirmation on the extent of the injury"

1 minute ago, Ivan said:

He lost 2 front teeth and he's out for a game 2 weeks away?  I don't want to "hockey fan stereotype" here, but are you fucking kidding me?  Must be more to it.  Concussion?  

There’s zero reports of him being out. He’ll obviously play 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I think my heart briefly stopped beating when I read that he was subbed out in the 18th minute.  Sucks to have a busted lip but at least it sounds like it shouldn’t affect the T&T game.  

Sorry. I misread that. It was just the poster's speculation. TSN said "No confirmation on the extent of the injury"

26 minutes ago, narduch said:

Those teeth will eventually have to get removed if he wants to have them correctly repositioned

Not necessarily. When a tooth is shifted from trauma (medical term: luxated) it can be repositioned without removing it:

-Extrusive luxation treatment: Your dentist will reposition your tooth back into the socket. You may need a splint for about two weeks to stabilize your tooth. If your pulp has been injured, you may need a root canal-

If the root is damaged the tooth could die and be lost it but it's definitely fixable...depending on the severity of course.  

6 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Not necessarily. When a tooth is shifted from trauma (medical term: luxated) it can be repositioned without removing it:

-Extrusive luxation treatment: Your dentist will reposition your tooth back into the socket. You may need a splint for about two weeks to stabilize your tooth. If your pulp has been injured, you may need a root canal-

If the root is damaged the tooth could die and be lost it but it's definitely fixable...depending on the severity of course.  

Either way the procedure sucks

Article today in Sport says that Real Madrid may use their option on Girona LB Miguel Gutiérrez, who is having a breakout season as with most Girona players (still 2nd in the league), regardless of Davies being the priority. The market value of Gutiérrez is said to be over 20 million euros, but Madrid where he started retains half of the transfer, 50%, for whatever Girona does. They also can exercise an option to get him back, for 8 million I think.

So either they get him back and then they resell him, taking full value of the transfer, or they have them on their roster along with Davies. He's 22. 

I see this as RM keeping options open, as negotiating when you have just one choice is bad business.