The Importance of Alphonso Davies

jpg75

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Upamecano gets a red card in a must win Bayern match yet again: my sweet special boy, do not worry, you are so good, it’s the rest of the team that must put in more effort.

Davies goes a game without taking a ball from box to box, dribbling past 5 guys and firing a laser from the edge of the box past the keeper: you overrated, egotistical, careless player that peaked at 19. You don’t deserve the Bayern shirt. Guerrero is twice the player you are and you’ll be riding the bench until you realize what you’ve done 

Sad but so true. 

10 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

Sad but so true. 

It’s crazy how often you can look at Bayern games when they start playing poorly and you’re almost assured that this guy has done something- red card, stupid yellow, own goal, whatever, but he’s never brought up as an issue. It’s always Davies or Sané or Musiala or whatever, but yet their supposed world class centre back almost single-handedly gave up enough points last year for Bayern to miss out on the championship and yesterday picked up a red that led to them losing their first first leg knockout matchup in champions league for the first time in like 16 years. 

It's okay... as long as he's healthy for c Canada. We know, they know, he knows that he's gone in the summer so they want to play their more "committed" players.

I'm actually happy that a Bayern are doing horribly this season, because Harry Kane was expecting some easy silverware

Second half of the tweet that is cut off for anyone who can’t view-

In addition, the club will also not approve any 'unreasonable wages' for Jamal Musiala, who hasn't been fully convincing since the World Cup. It is said that potential does not equal performance - Musiala will soon be 21 and has not yet confirmed his level consistently [@kicker]

Edited by canuckgbp

3 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Second half of the tweet that is cut off for anyone who can’t view-

In addition, the club will also not approve any 'unreasonable wages' for Jamal Musiala, who hasn't been fully convincing since the World Cup. It is said that potential does not equal performance - Musiala will soon be 21 and has not yet confirmed his level consistently [@kicker]

I have seen they are paying Goretzka €18 mill.  So maybe see where they are coming from in a way.

I like Bayern generally but they have made some strange decisions in recent years and it is now showing on the pitch.

Baryern’s salary strategy comes off as hubris from a fatcat with no perspective as to how the organization can survive as the world changes. Musiala and Davies are two of the best young players in the world- Musiala is as close to the next Bellingham you’re gonna get. But no, these guys need to take pay cuts because they handed out all these massive salaries to their older players years ago. 

JDD tweeted something about Madrid having come to terms with Davies, they just need Bayern to agree to a fee which is obviously the bigger battle.

Today in Sport, Barcelona sports daily, they are saying that interest from Chelsea is picking up. That the club will offload salary and that will give them up to 200 million euros for signing this summer (seems like a lot). The article says Davies could be worth 70 million, which again seems a lot for a LB with a year left on his contract. The article also mentioned other EPL interest.

Then the story said that Real Madrid's options would stay intact even if Mbappe were to sign, that they would be the two main options for the summer. Fran Garcia and Mendy, the current LBs, are not bad, but not of the level they want; they also suggested that either could be thrown into the deal to sweeten it for Bayern Munich. Or other players BM might be interested in.

The other option Madrid has is to get Miguel Gutièrrez from Girona, who's having a great season. Gutiérrez was sold but Madrid has a retainer clause and could get him back, if the Davies option were not possible. I think they are also suggesting that RM could get back Gutiérrez's rights, paying, and then use him as sweetener for a Davies purchase (Girona is at risk of being decimated this summer after this incredible season they are on).

Just out, as I'm writing, is that Relevo confirms a verbal agreement with Davies, but that RM may still retain another LB, Mendy, despite this. 

https://www.relevo.com/futbol/liga-primera/ancelotti-renovaria-mendy-independencia-llega-20240214164735-nt.html

For me, if Davies is not tethered to LB, better, because I'd love to see him as an inverted attacker or mid on the right, as is known. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

So bayern with two straight losses with Davies out. Tuchel was never the right choice. 

uapamecano didnt even start but picked up two yellows

3 losses in a row if you include the CL.  All without Phonzie. Prior to that they had won 3 in a row with Davies starting all games.  

On 2/14/2024 at 7:23 PM, InglewoodJack said:

Upamecano gets a red card in a must win Bayern match yet again: my sweet special boy, do not worry, you are so good, it’s the rest of the team that must put in more effort.

Any suggestions on the lotto numbers?