Theo Bair

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Like a lot of other guys, regardless of passport.

Yes, but the context here is "how does he get back in to the NT picture".   I think he's currently at a good level, he just needs more consistency. I don't know if he is or isn't behind Ugbo at this stage because I think Ugbo has the same issues.

23 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Yes, but the context here is "how does he get back in to the NT picture".   I think he's currently at a good level, he just needs more consistency. I don't know if he is or isn't behind Ugbo at this stage because I think Ugbo has the same issues.

The battle for our 3rd striker behind Larin and David is wide open. 

Unfortunately doesn't look like any of the 4 or 5 next guys are doing much

11 hours ago, Watchmen said:

But this could be said about a lot of the "fringe" players on the CMNT. 
Cant keep mentioning Ugbo when he hasn't been called in what seems like years.

How has JRR, Cavallini, Millar, Brym been at the club levels? 

All inconsistent if you ask me, but only 1-2 of those names above have been regular call ups. 

13 hours ago, narduch said:

The battle for our 3rd striker behind Larin and David is wide open. 

Unfortunately doesn't look like any of the 4 or 5 next guys are doing much

Hopefully they all hit form rounding out of the season and into summer. Ugbo for all we know could go on another one of those scoring bursts. Same for Brym. If you add David and Larin figuring it out, that's a foursome scoring at some pretty good levels. Eredivisie, Championship, La Liga, Ligue 1 (Serie A?). The picture could look dramatically different in 5-6 months from now. Hopefully it does.

I guess I should add that Brym probably could be next in line, after those others four guys. Would require more of what he is doing. Would probably require Motherwell to keep doing well also. That would be good for another Canadian too. If two of those guys could start pushing into the National team some more it would help build the foundation of the team. You want guys like that to get little caps here and there, so that we can depend on them if we really need them. If they can get into Europe for next year that would be awesome. Maybe they could scoop up Loturi as well as they did Paton. 

Edited by Obinna

• 3 weeks later...

And another one today!

Think he’s got a ways to go before he’s in national team consideration, but he has a very interesting profile, and I hope this is a sign of more to come for him. 

goal in question:

https://twitter.com/paisleysteelman/status/1742208736888836538?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

(side note- how are people getting tweets to appear in thread? I’m switching the URL from X to twitter but it doesn’t seem to work)

Edited by InglewoodJack

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Think he’s got a ways to go before he’s in national team consideration, but he has a very interesting profile, and I hope this is a sign of more to come for him. 

I think I disagree. Outside of Larin and David (our proven strikers/goal scorers) there isn't much obstacles ahead of him. 

10 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

(side note- how are people getting tweets to appear in thread? I’m switching the URL from X to twitter but it doesn’t seem to work)

Worked for me, you probably just didn't wait? 

Edited by Shway

Poking around a Motherwell forum and this comment stuck out to me (regarding his 2G 1A performance last week):

"Has to be Bair, absolutely delighted for him, gives it his all and got the rewards today."

I think a gripe with him has been lack of (perceived, at least) intensity, so to hear that his work rate is seen a positive is encouraging.

33 minutes ago, Shway said:

Worked for me, you probably just didn't wait? 

What do you mean by wait? Does the tweet have to appear in the text box before posting? Even then it doesn’t work, but I’m on mobile, maybe that changes things. 

Looking more into it, Motherwell were on an awful run of form and that win against bottom of the table Livingstone might have saved the manager his job. Now they're 2-1 up away against sixth placed Hibs and suddenly they are 4 points clear of the relegation playoff in the live table. Bair's goals basically helping turn the season around. Suddenly, I'm invested in this team and using my morning break at work to watch the last fifteen minutes of the Hibs match. They have him left wing.

31 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Poking around a Motherwell forum and this comment stuck out to me (regarding his 2G 1A performance last week):

"Has to be Bair, absolutely delighted for him, gives it his all and got the rewards today."

I think a gripe with him has been lack of (perceived, at least) intensity, so to hear that his work rate is seen a positive is encouraging.

I think this is a lie. I've watched him a lot this season and at times he's looked like that's all he had was effort and intensity but was lacking the goals.

Edited by Shway

20 minutes ago, Shway said:

I think this is a lie. I've watched him a lot this season and at times he's looked like that's all he had was effort and intensity but was lacking the goals.

Think he might be referring more to the narrative surrounding his time at St. Johnstone and maybe a bit of during the end of his Whitecaps time? I think I remember that being the narrative, right or wrong. Glad he's putting it all together now though

9 minutes ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Think he might be referring more to the narrative surrounding his time at St. Johnstone and maybe a bit of during the end of his Whitecaps time? I think I remember that being the narrative, right or wrong. Glad he's putting it all together now though

Yeah I did a quick search and there were about seven posts when I looked up "intensity" and "effort" that were negative from a few different posters. It is something I remember thinking to myself as well though I did not really comment on it.

Like you said, it may not have been an accurate narrative, but it was there in some capacity. I am glad that someone who has watched him often this year (and Motherwell fans from that forum) reject this narrative for this season. I certainly trust their current opinions over the previous ones (inlcuding my own).