General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

1 hour ago, narduch said:

I'm fully expecting David to miss the Gold Cup.

And any player who makes a big move in a Euro league may not be there either (Larin? Eustaquaio?).

I also don't think Atiba will be there.

I also think Davies will be there. Its part of his global brand.

I would be pleasantly surprised with this.

If we call a B+/-A squad that includes Davies, I would feel very good about our chances, regardless of who other teams call.

One of the things I indicated on the survey is that I would like to see increased promotion of our men's national team players. If we want to become a soccer country, we first have to promote the hell out of these guys in our communities.

We need to start treating them like the champions they are (see the Canadian Euro-based Champions 2020-21 thread).

In soccer facilities throughout this country there should be framed posters of Davies lifting the UEFA Champions League with Bayern, or Scott Arfield sliding on his knees after scoring an important goal for Rangers at Celtic Park.

I am sure not many soccer fans in Canada know who Scott Arfield is, but I am willing to bet the majority of them can identify a Rangers kit, so I believe we have to promote our players in their club colors to make the connection that Canada has important players at important clubs. Just showing them in Canada tops doesn't really say anything to the average soccer fan. Davies is the only one who's face is recognizable. We need to show them having important moments in certain club strips that everyone knows, with the Canadian Soccer Logo in the background, or something. 

We need to celebrate these guys locally and it should be very inexpensive thing for the CSA to pull off. It would just be a matter of contacting indoor facilities and sending them the materials and requesting they put them up, just as one small example.

Hell, we have at least 1 graphic designer around here (@Shway) who does great work. If resources are a problem, why not leverage those of us who love this team the most? I know I would personally volunteer my time to promote the men's national team in any way I could, and I would do it for free. That's the other thing I mentioned in the survey, enlisting members of the Voyageurs community to promote the team.

I really want to see the perception of the team continue to grow, and like many things in life it starts at the grassroots. 

Edited by Obinna

15 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

My starting 11 for the 2030 World Cup:

Jebbison

David

Davies          Diaz               Corbeanu 
                 Hutchinson 

Buchanan   Dunn   Cornelius   ZBG

Hasal 

But what about all the 10-11 year olds that could be the next Alphonso Davies or Jonathan David that we don’t even know about?  😊

4 hours ago, El Hombre said:

For those that really want to make their voice heard, I doubt they have any functionality embedded in the survey that would prevent you from doing it multiple times.  :)

I already discovered that by prematurly hitting enter on my keyboard by mistake lol

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

My starting 11 for the 2030 World Cup:

Jebbison

David

Davies          Diaz               Corbeanu 
                 Hutchinson 

Buchanan   Dunn   Cornelius   ZBG

Hasal 

Where are Vanney, Bradley, and Giovinco???

@Obinna, Thanks for your great perspective.

I'll take a step back from what your saying.
I've said many times that change can be influenced by change from within. We as fans have that role to play too as well.
That's why I'm interested in being involved with what happens at "The Voyageurs" as an organization.

If anyone is interested in being part of the culture, I implore your to get involved and join here

I do think things have been moving verrryyy sloowww, just in regards to getting somethings in place as we are in special time/place with a lot of our guys being champions, our team setting new personal records, and hopefully enter new territories in October. Absolutely no momentum is being built from the Voyageurs, outside of us who communicate and discuss here (Canadian Soccer News). 

Maybe the thought is we need to be in a stadium or be able to appear/attend events....but its the groundwork that needs to happen. 

I have a lot of opinions on the marketing presence of this group.  As I personally think a lot of forward-fresh minds are needed to do our part to better engage the masses, and our internal and external football communities. 

31 minutes ago, Shway said:

@Obinna, Thanks for your great perspective.

I'll take a step back from what your saying.
I've said many times that change can be influenced by change from within. We as fans have that role to play too as well.
That's why I'm interested in being involved with what happens at "The Voyageurs" as an organization.

If anyone is interested in being part of the culture, I implore your to get involved and join here

I do think things have been moving verrryyy sloowww, just in regards to getting somethings in place as we are in special time/place with a lot of our guys being champions, our team setting new personal records, and hopefully enter new territories in October. Absolutely no momentum is being built from the Voyageurs, outside of us who communicate and discuss here (Canadian Soccer News). 

Maybe the thought is we need to be in a stadium or be able to appear/attend events....but its the groundwork that needs to happen. 

I have a lot of opinions on the marketing presence of this group.  As I personally think a lot of forward-fresh minds are needed to do our part to better engage the masses, and our internal and external football communities. 

Is that membership fee part of the new/ongoing revamp of the V’s, or is it just a traditional annual donation you could make.   After the somewhat recent YT session where @rob.notenboom and someone else (not sure of her name - sorry) provided the update, I wasn’t sure where things were at.  

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Is that membership fee part of the new/ongoing revamp of the V’s, or is it just a traditional annual donation you could make.   After the somewhat recent YT session where @rob.notenboom and someone else (not sure of her name - sorry) provided the update, I wasn’t sure where things were at.  

That membership fee is new and is part of the ongoing formal organization of the Vs. Things are moving slowly but they're moving!

5 hours ago, Shway said:

4 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

That membership fee is new and is part of the ongoing formal organization of the Vs. Things are moving slowly but they're moving!

This really needs to be much more visible - I have on occasion done the informal donations in the past but I wasn't aware that an formal membership was now possible.  Great news.

1 minute ago, kacbru said:

This really needs to be much more visible - I have on occasion done the informal donations in the past but I wasn't aware that an formal membership was now possible.  Great news.

Argh! - I can't join because the system will not be able to ship my membership to NZ!

18 minutes ago, kacbru said:

Agreed. 

I only found it because I was making a point.