General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Shway said:

I don't know who runs the cplsoccer instagram account but they are clueless....

image.png.3bb788c284a0feca0a92d268cc122b36.pngimage.png.99cc6fdc9cde097f84c91eaceda0007f.png

image.png.bcee2fb55aac17f2663b6fdf150a6636.png

image.png.d5df702fa4a4d03cb09cae31f72b3dad.pngimage.png.b6463e94b84e5496e7b7aa487ad6e3f8.pngimage.png.81cea7e2bdd31cf2fac135e87c7a8fa1.pngimage.png.0c1b857f74a9038ecdb68a6cbb6eac34.png

image.png

I appreciate them putting all the names in one place but yah a few self serving choices in there. Zator ahead of Kennedy? Stephen Eustaquio 3rd behind Piette and Atiba? But whatever, I think the intent of sports media nowadays is to purposely be outlandish to create buzz, discussions etc. I doubt they even believe a few of those choices 

Edited by SpursFlu

1 minute ago, SpursFlu said:

I appreciate them putting all the names in one place but yah a few self serving choices in there. Zator ahead of Kennedy? Stephen Eustaquio 3rd behind Piette and Atiba? But whatever

Basically anyone ahead of Kennedy from 5-9 is harsh. Also Bustos and Borges as 4-5 on the RW depth chart. 

42 minutes ago, Shway said:

I don't know who runs the cplsoccer instagram account but they are clueless....

image.png.3bb788c284a0feca0a92d268cc122b36.pngimage.png.99cc6fdc9cde097f84c91eaceda0007f.png

image.png.bcee2fb55aac17f2663b6fdf150a6636.png

image.png.d5df702fa4a4d03cb09cae31f72b3dad.pngimage.png.b6463e94b84e5496e7b7aa487ad6e3f8.pngimage.png.81cea7e2bdd31cf2fac135e87c7a8fa1.pngimage.png.0c1b857f74a9038ecdb68a6cbb6eac34.png

image.png

If it was just a little biased toward CPL players, not really an issue, because that is to be expected. 

What gets me is the other calls, like Cornelius being top of the CB depth chart (he's somewhere between 4-6 at the moment), Kennedy at 10th is laughable, and David as a right winger is just wrong. I also think Borges even being mentioned at this point is charitable, to say the least. 

7 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I appreciate them putting all the names in one place but yah a few self serving choices in there. Zator ahead of Kennedy? Stephen Eustaquio 3rd behind Piette and Atiba? But whatever, I think the intent of sports media nowadays is to purposely be outlandish to create buzz, discussions etc. I doubt they even believe a few of those choices 

What's funny is how they show the pictures of each player who leads their respective depth chart, but at center mid they have Eustaquio's picture and put him 3rd. Were they just too lazy to find an image of Atiba, or did they intend on actually having Stephen 1st but messed it up? 

6 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Translation:

Frenchman Rudy Camacho, CF Montréal defender, is in the process of becoming Canadian naturalized and intends to act for the #CanMNT .

Is this even possible? Doesn’t he need to have a relative from Canada or have started living in Canada at a young age?

2 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Is this even possible? Doesn’t he need to have a relative from Canada or have started living in Canada at a young age?

Don’t think so, if he’s a citizen and holds passport I think he is eligible. This is why Camilo and Koffe were going to switch to the CANMNT before they moved abroad. I think it’s a long process that Rudy may have already been going through during his time at CF Montreal 

he also has never played for another national team which may help.

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

It's a 5 year process I believe. You become a permanent resident after 2 years and then citizenship after another 3, provided you keep you PR status active for the entire 5 year stretch, or something like that anyways. Someone can correct me on the finer details. 

He's been with the Impact since 2018, so presumably he won't be able to help us during this cycle.

Anyone else have information on this?

11 minutes ago, lamptern said:

How good is this guy? 

I think this year has been his best year - he’s been solid so far. In the past he’s been prone to some stupid decisions and discipline issues. He doesn’t walk into our starting lineup or anything but is at least a helpful depth piece.