General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

It's a 5 year process I believe. You become a permanent resident after 2 years and then citizenship after another 3, provided you keep you PR status active for the entire 5 year stretch, or something like that anyways. Someone can correct me on the finer details. 

He's been with the Impact since 2018, so presumably he won't be able to help us during this cycle.

Anyone else have information on this?

100% correct, unless there are different FIFA rules, those are the CDn rules.  There is a set number of days you can be out of canada during the 5 years and still be ok.  Its a lot though, but if he leaves during the offseason he might not make it.  

Would he be worth it? Is he better than, lets say Cornelius??  I guess with the lack of options at CB, you cant turn down anyone but I have never been a fan of his.   Everytime I watch the Impact I end up cursing him.   

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

All these attackers coming out of nowhere, makes me forget/remember about a guy named Ballou - crazy.

I am still rooting for him.  I know not everyone agrees, but I thought he had a strong Olympic tournament.  Not spectacular - and definitely not the sort of impact that Tajon had - but I think he and Godinho were our two next best players.  He is still only 22, so while he definitely needs to get a stable club situation where he can rebuild his confidence and reputation, I think it is very possible.  

Not saying he will or that he will ultimately have a big impact on the CMNT, but I am not writing him off yet.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am still rooting for him.  I know not everyone agrees, but I thought he had a strong Olympic tournament.  Not spectacular - and definitely not the sort of impact that Tajon had - but I think he and Godinho were our two next best players.  

I thought Cornelius had a very strong tourney as the team captain and leader of the back line.  At the moment, he's the fourth choice CB on the Caps.

Thinking about this Suriname match being their first real test since November 2019.

How I hope Canada tries to get good friendlies in the future to continue to challenge this squad.

Really though I just hope for friendlies.

Edited by VinceA

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Thinking about this Suriname match being their first real test since November 2019.

How I hope Canada tries to get good friendlies in the future to continue to challenge this squad.

Really though I just hope for friendlies.

The friendlies request may be not possible if the boys do the job which is getting to the Ocho.

The only possibility for friendlies past then is June 2022.

So no, I don’t want any friendlies soon.

So, this may be a little early and possibly a tad optimistic ... but I see that the draw for the Octagon has already been made and every team knows when and where they will be playing each match.  In particular, if Canada qualifies, we are ball number 1 - and ball number 1 plays away at Mexico followed a few days later by away at Jamaica, over the October long weekend this fall.

Assuming the current travel restrictions have ended by then, what are the chances of a Voyageurs road trip? I remember reading all about the last road trip to Mexico and wishing I could have gone on that one.

5 hours ago, umpiredice said:

So, this may be a little early and possibly a tad optimistic ... but I see that the draw for the Octagon has already been made and every team knows when and where they will be playing each match.  In particular, if Canada qualifies, we are ball number 1 - and ball number 1 plays away at Mexico followed a few days later by away at Jamaica, over the October long weekend this fall.

Assuming the current travel restrictions have ended by then, what are the chances of a Voyageurs road trip? I remember reading all about the last road trip to Mexico and wishing I could have gone on that one.

I thought we would open at home to Honduras ?

8 hours ago, Shway said:

The friendlies request may be not possible if the boys do the job which is getting to the Ocho.

The only possibility for friendlies past then is June 2022.

So no, I don’t want any friendlies soon.

Why not? I figure the more friendlies the better right? It would keep the boys battle tested in a sense but also it would help with our FIFA World ranking 

1 minute ago, archer21 said:

Because if we have the time to play friendlies is means we didn’t make the Oct.

Good point but then since the Gold Cup is in less than a month, it would have been nice to at least play a friendly or 2 to at least help us prepare. Yes granted we are playing qualifiers but still I'm just saying if we could have managed to fit friendlies into our schedule, it would have been better but it is okay. We have qualifiers to get through anyway.

2 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Good point but then since the Gold Cup is in less than a month, it would have been nice to at least play a friendly or 2 to at least help us prepare. Yes granted we are playing qualifiers but still I'm just saying if we could have managed to fit friendlies into our schedule, it would have been better but it is okay. We have qualifiers to get through anyway.

I think the bulk of the Gold Cup team is currently in camp so it's almost as if they're holding an advanced training camp.

It's still possible the CSA schedules an "A" friendly but at the very least they'll play a closed door match against a club team.

7 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I think the bulk of the Gold Cup team is currently in camp so it's almost as if they're holding an advanced training camp.

It's still possible the CSA schedules an "A" friendly but at the very least they'll play a closed door match against a club team.

Interesting. Considering he said they’re wouldn’t be much crossover, even though our first game would be almost a month after our potential playoff matchup. 

Predicting this team will be a challenge. 

Maybe Arfield could come and bring his family? Will Hutch be there? Will TFC get depleted?

Just now, Shway said:

Interesting. Considering he said they’re wouldn’t be much crossover, even though our first game would be almost a month after our potential playoff matchup. 

Predicting this team will be a challenge. 

Maybe Arfield could come and bring his family? Will Hutch be there? Will TFC get depleted?

When did he say this? The latest I heard was that the Gold Cup squad would not be a "B" squad and that it would be stronger than people are saying.