General Discussion on CMNT

Scorpion26

1 hour ago, kacbru said:

This really needs to be much more visible - I have on occasion done the informal donations in the past but I wasn't aware that an formal membership was now possible.  Great news.

It’s literally been a couple days and I’m not sure the kinks have been ironed out.

2 hours ago, kacbru said:

This really needs to be much more visible - I have on occasion done the informal donations in the past but I wasn't aware that an formal membership was now possible.  Great news.

The membership sign-up was just added to the website, in advance of the membership launch.  There will be social media posts regarding this very soon.

3 hours ago, MtlMario said:

How exactly do I make my fee?

There’s a page on theVoyageurs.org titled “Become a Member” although I’m not sure if it’s live just yet. We’ve been opening and closing the membership purchase option as we iron out the kinks. 

We’ll post here as soon as it’s ready to go, which we anticipate will be in the next couple weeks to coincide with The Vs presence at the All State Soccer Show!

Ugh cmon Nef....no Vitoria or Hoilett because of lack of club minutes, but Osorio is in the squad.....and he has Piette over Wootherspoon. 

- Vitoria if healthy is our #1 CB
- Would love to see Akinola, but at the expense of Millar/Corbeanu...

Anyway squads will be more than 23, and I don’t think there will be any surprises.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Ugh cmon Nef....no Vitoria or Hoilett because of lack of club minutes, but Osorio is in the squad.....and he has Piette over Wootherspoon. 

- Vitoria if healthy is our #1 CB
- Would love to see Akinola, but at the expense of Millar/Corbeanu...

Anyway squads will be more than 23, and I don’t think there will be any surprises.

Most people would say Piette is better than Wotherspoon 

If I'm herdman i am cap-tying jebbison and akinola if it's possible, although leaving out Corbeanu and Millar is tough 

Osorio needs minutes ASAP, he shouldn't be called up in June 

13 minutes ago, VinceA said:

At this rate I figure Osorio captains the GC squad. Looks like he is off TFC's injury list but will be on limited minutes with TFC for a few weeks.,

But if Oso wants to play in June Herdman will call him. He wasn't happy to get hurt and miss March.

Depends....we could see Okello, and Priso there...but not all three.

All jokes aside, I see a guy like Teibert captain the GC squad. Would be a great last opportunity to throw his name in the hat for potential future call ups.

But again, we can do this exercise next week when the WCQ roster is released.

Anyone else watching games this week just hoping for no injuries? Our squad is fine without injuries. I usually tune games in hoping to see Canadians sub on(or even score this year!!!) but now I am watching and counting down minutes for them to sub out!

Please... sub out Phonz and David at half(although obviously David still has it all to play for)... sub em all out!!!

10 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Nef predicting the squad for june window

I don't really like Akinola, also corbeanu has to be in there! Vitoria still need him IMO. 

I can't see Herdman leaving out Corbeanu after he made his EPL debut, unless the knock he picked up with U23 Wolves is worse than we thought. 

I also can't see him selecting Sturing over Vitoria. I would be shocked to see that. Sturing is less experienced, playing in a weaker league, and already cap tied, not to mention he is not a better player than Vitoria, so I don't get that decision from Nef. Perhaps his thinking is that Henry will start regardless, so it's better to give Sturing the chance to sit on the bench for his development?

Corbeanu, Hoilett and Miller not there, but Jebbison is despite recently accepting a call to England U19, supposedly. He acknowledged Jebbison would be an if, so I am curious who his next choice would be to fill that gap. 

Akinola should be cap tied, but I really don't know if I would do so right now at the expense of not calling Hoilett or Corbeanu. I think you could get away with not calling Miller, but in a way I trust him more than Corebanu if I need to bring someone off the bench to make an impact. I don't know, it's a hard call without Akinola scoring or playing well. 

3 hours ago, Tyson M said:

Anyone else watching games this week just hoping for no injuries? Our squad is fine without injuries. I usually tune games in hoping to see Canadians sub on(or even score this year!!!) but now I am watching and counting down minutes for them to sub out!

Please... sub out Phonz and David at half(although obviously David still has it all to play for)... sub em all out!!!

You mean like Miller? Our only starting every week CB. Not in the lineup today. Really hope he isn't seriously injured.