Stephen Eustaquio

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Was his usual solid self. Like Tajon, I think it's fair to say he's a "UCL" level player, if one prescribes to classifying players in that way.  

That “Buchanan is better than Lozano” troll tweet that went quasi viral a few months ago was fun, I think someone needs to drop an “Eustaquio is the second best player in concacaf” tweet for our dear friends in the states and Mexico to have fun with. 

10 hours ago, imoffside said:

thought I'd share this here:

Appreciated as much of that as I could figure out.  They certainly respect his journey and role with us.

One bit made laugh even in another language.

One guy doesn't like his beard - barba?

Another responds with something I think is similar to ideas I have seen in other languages and mostly in another context. (Excuse the butchery).

"It is ugly up close, from afar...it looks up close."

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

26 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Is it safe to say Portugal are cynically cap tying him right now in another universe?

I wonder- Portugal is so good that they barely recruit from their domestic league. They did call up his midfield partner in Otavio for Nations League, so I definitely think he'd be in contention. Realistically, I think it would be tough for him to make the World Cup, but I think he'd earn a Nations League call up, especially with the form he's currently in. He would be in a similar spot for Portugal that like, Theo Corbeanu is for us I think.

On 10/12/2022 at 2:59 PM, dyslexic nam said:

It would be crazy to have the two teams with Canadians go through (especially with a semi finalist team from last year in their group).  

It would be something to have that many in the Knockouts (Tajon, Larin - Brugge, Eustaquio - Porto, Davies - Bayern).  I suspect that would be a record (4 Canadians in the knockouts)?

(Recognizing that there's a Calgary kid on another team who could go through... ...but I'm not counting him...  😕)  

13 hours ago, GasPed said:

It would be something to have that many in the Knockouts (Tajon, Larin - Brugge, Eustaquio - Porto, Davies - Bayern).  I suspect that would be a record (4 Canadians in the knockouts)?

(Recognizing that there's a Calgary kid on another team who could go through... ...but I'm not counting him...  😕)  

If we also want to get technical, there is a keeper from Montreal that still has a chance, albeit a long shot.

Three Canadian Internationals born in Canada

Two Canadian Internationals born outside of Canada

Two other Internationals born in Canada

I have to think that 7 players in the round of 32 group stage with ties to Canada has to be a record.  Too bad that Borjan & the other kid didn't make it this year like they have in recent seasons.  That would put that total up to 9.

Edited by Corazon