Ricardo Ferreira

Just now, VinceA said:

It's sad that 28 year old and injury riddled Ricardo Ferreira has finally decided we're good enough for him.

Honestly though. It's mickey mouse to even announce it.

Where does he rank for us on the depth chart? 5th/6th at best?

Notwithstanding the injuries and the slap to the face of our program, wasn't this the guy who just missed out on a pro contract because he was in the Maldives?    

I think this is pretty significant for Canada especially considering how utterly embarrassing the back line was at last years gold cup. At the very least he has experience at a high level in Europe which is more then then what they have now. If he can stay healthy, James can get some playing time the team might have some stability in the position. Not world beaters but some reliability at least

Great news. Welcome aboard!

If he can be sort of a Vitoria 2.0, he will be able to help us.

I wish this was the 2015 version of Ferreira who was starting for Braga, but we can't go back in time. 

A while back my thoughts were that the workload of international football with Canada would be a big ask for a guy who can't stay healthy, but it may just be the opportunity he needs to get himself going at club level.

Anyways, will be interesting to see if we can help him revive his career. I hope the move works out for all involved. He was never going to play for Portugal.

I’m glad he finally came to terms with reality, either Wheeler got false information or the lad has had a big change in terms of his own assessment of his abilities.

we’re ripping on him saying he’s 6th but that’s ridiculous, he’s our top cb now in terms of everything but minutes and match fitness, it’s a huge get for us as we finally have 1 quality cb, hopefully he can get some playing time elsewhere but let’s not pretend he’s behind anyone.

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

I’m glad he finally came to terms with reality, either Wheeler got false information or the lad has had a big change in terms of his own assessment of his abilities.

we’re ripping on him saying he’s 6th but that’s ridiculous, he’s our top cb now in terms of everything but minutes and match fitness, it’s a huge get for us as we finally have 1 quality cb, hopefully he can get some playing time elsewhere but let’s not pretend he’s behind anyone.

If that's the case why did he just get 6 minutes with a relegation candidate in Portugal? Vitoria is playing and captaining a bigger/better side in Portugal. Kennedy is coming on strong in Germany. James featured in the Champions League this season and may be a starter in Greece. Henry has been a regular in Korea.  

1 minute ago, Dominic94 said:

hes currently without a team, hes has to find a team in a decent league and start playing consistently before you put him ahead of vitoria, kennedy, james(who i expect to start in greece), miller, cornelius, henry. 

with kennedy emerging in the b2 our options really arent that bad. 

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

If that's the case why did he just get 6 minutes with a relegation candidate in Portugal? Vitoria is playing and captaining a bigger/better side in Portugal. Kennedy is coming on strong in Germany. James featured in the Champions League this season and may be a starter in Greece. Henry has been a regular in Korea.  

i agree with you but if you look at Fanese's CB they are pretty good and have a decent value on transfermarkt. I wonder if TFC would even consider him to replace Ciman at this point. It would be nice if they had two Canadian CB's.

Reality finally kicked in for him I guess. The Portugal dream was long dead.

5 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

No.

He had some clear rust in his game when I watched him last year. The fact that he barely played this year is even more concerning. We're talking about a guy who has serious injury issues and played a handful of games in the past 3 years. He's not the top of anything and it's ridiculous to even say that even with our CB issues.

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Have you tried coming back from 2 blown knees at the top fight in Portugal ? Only Vitoria is playing at the same level, the rest are beneath.