Richmond "Richie" Laryea

Dub Narcotic

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Has he been playing a lot? Realistically can he make an impact in MLS ?

He plays consistently for Orlando B and as the 7th overall pick last year it's just a matter of time until he gets a chance with Orlando. He's a former Sigma player (teammate of Larin's) and played 2 seasons at Akron, which is a top US College program so he has pedigree.

• 10 months later...

Pleased to see Laryea in the starting lineup for Orlando yesterday.  The team has some injuries, so who knows what his role is when guys like Kljestan come back.  But he's only 23 and seems to have some attacking flair.  Would be great to see him develop along the lines of Osorio, maybe with a little better one-on-one skills and finishing ability (though Oso has been potting some beauties lately).

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

Was named along with Pierre da Silva by Kreis as players for whom Orlando is "looking for a good situation" at the post-game press conference today. A loan may be coming.

Not surprised and maybe he goes to Montreal since they've been after Canadian players... In seriousness I do hope he can find a place he can play many games either starter or off bench...

The CPL will be great for this exact type of situation.  A loan in MLS will never be a good solution because I feel like it places you in a tough situation no matter what.. for instance you get loaned to a team like DCU or RSL, I'm sure they have a bunch of players around your level and they don't own you so what's the point of them playing you unless they're desperate (which is really the only time we see these loans).  And if you can't break into Orlando, what are your chances elsewhere in MLS?  He can go to USL but he's been there the past couple seasons already and it has a minor league feel to it.. I'm sure he'd learn just as much training with Orlando at this point.  

Edited by Keegan

• 7 months later...
7 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Funny, I was looking at that an hour ago as well. He had 9 appearance and less than 300 minutes with them. Not enough for a young player. 

Seemed to be stuck in neutral.  Without a USL affiliation this past season, it looked like he was more or less just stuck on the bench with the senior club.  It didn't look like he had a loan opportunity elsewhere for 2018.  Judging by this thread, there were high hopes for him with his GA deal and such but, as toontownman notes, you wonder if he gets another shot in MLS

Edited by BearcatSA

• 1 month later...