The Importance of Jr. Hoilett

Tuscan

Starting in crucial match. Away to 'Brough.  Cardiff two points ahead of that South of the River lot for the final playoff spot.  (3 points behind Forest with a worse goal difference for 5th) Two games to go for all three clubs.   

Edit off early with hamstring it looks like.  Shame.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

3 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Starting in crucial match. Away to 'Brough.  Cardiff two points ahead of that South of the River lot for the final playoff spot.  (3 points behind Forest with a worse goal difference for 5th) Two games to go for all three clubs.   

Edit off early with hamstring it looks like.  Shame.

Cardiff win and Millwall lose so only Swansea can catch them for 6th now. 3 points up, +1 GD so a Cardiff loss and Swansea win would knock them out. 
I didn’t get to see the game, how bad did the injury look?

15 hours ago, archer21 said:

I didn’t get to see the game, how bad did the injury look?

I stopped watching after he went off but it did not look horrible: off on his own power just holding it. 

His team have struggling Hull on the final day and a result puts them in the playoffs.  The good is that the Tigers are really bad since selling players in January (we have their best player now) and are all but mathematically down.  So Junior maybe back for City's chance to go back up.  

We'd all love to see Junior back in EPL, that would be such a boost for us. 

Anyone know how they'd do the playoffs, home and away like always? But perhaps not playing finals at the new Wembley?

Championship: never was a Leeds fan, but Bielsa, for me one of the stories of the year. Will be pure pleasure to watch him match his wits against the best managers in EPL.

21 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We'd all love to see Junior back in EPL, that would be such a boost for us. 

Anyone know how they'd do the playoffs, home and away like always? But perhaps not playing finals at the new Wembley?

Championship: never was a Leeds fan, but Bielsa, for me one of the stories of the year. Will be pure pleasure to watch him match his wits against the best managers in EPL.

Final will still be held at Wembley, both league 1 & 2 have done it already.

Cardiff would do better in a matchup with West Brom (IMO), Brentford has been playing very well since the restart and West Brom have struggled.

2 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Final will still be held at Wembley, both league 1 & 2 have done it already.

Cardiff would do better in a matchup with West Brom (IMO), Brentford has been playing very well since the restart and West Brom have struggled.

QPR could put a real wrench into WBA's plans on Wednesday after having sent The Wall back across!  the bridge and out of play off contention with a loss in W12 yesterday! 

(Previously) bottom of the league Barnsley shock Forest in injury time so they are level with Cardiff for 5th (ahead of them on goal difference though). So Cardiff could go to 5th with a better result than Forest, go to 7th with a loss and a Swansea win, or stay 6th with any other result.

Swansea currently tied but the result is currently irrelevant if Cardiff wins.  Nottingham Forest is currently losing to Stoke, meaning if Cardiff go on to win, they end up 5th.  Brentford currently losing and Fulham tied, so nothing is confirmed for the promotion playoff.

Update: Becoming more interesting as Nottingham Forest is now tied with Stoke & Swansea up 2-1 now.  Cardiff will clinch as long as they win but Nottingham might drop them to 6th if they score again.

Swansea will not catch Cardiff but has made up a +5 goal difference to pass Nottingham Forest for the 6th spot currently. 

Edited by Corazon

20 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Cardiff win 3-0 today and move into 5th.

They will play 4th place Fulham in the first round of the promotion playoff.

Games will be on the 27th and 30th on DAZN 

Time to re-subscribe...

This is also a concacaf match-up: Junior Hoilett versus Tim Ream

Both teams looking to bounce back up to the EPL after being relegated. Both teams were neck-and-neck the prior  season when they won promotions. Should be a great match up!

Edited by Obinna

13 hours ago, Strait Red said:

Cardiff win 3-0 today and move into 5th.

They will play 4th place Fulham in the first round of the promotion playoff.

Games will be on the 27th and 30th on DAZN 

Ol' Scotty Scotty Parker at the helm for Fulham.  Tough team in decent form (their last loss was against Leeds 8 games ago) and Mitrovic always seems to do well in games when I am cheering against him.   I think it gets easier if Cardiff win this game, they would love beating Swansea to go up (and good luck social distancing south Wales if that game happens). 

13 hours ago, Obinna said:

This is also a concacaf match-up: Junior Hoilett versus Tim Ream

More than that,  Hector (Jamaica) has been partnering Ream most of the time since joining from Chelsea in January.