CNL: Canada vs Honduras - Tuesday, March 28th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Toronto

View this email in your browser

d8db3112-6194-edc2-4f5f-37317718f94d.png

Canada Soccer thanks you for your support of our Men’s National Team as we prepare to celebrate the team’s homecoming following their historic appearance at the 2022 FIFA World Cup™.

On Tuesday, Canada will battle Honduras in Toronto with a place in the Concacaf Nations League Finals on the line. Kick off for the highly anticipated match is set for 8pm ET. With excitement building ahead of the match, we’ve collected all the information you need to know to make the most of your match day experience. It’s going to be an action-packed day, so we encourage you to review the details below.

Concacaf Nations League Scenario
Canada and Honduras enter Tuesday’s match tied at the top of Group C on six points, with Canada holding a stronger goal difference on +5. As a result, Canada will finish first and qualify for the Nations League Finals with a win or a draw. The Nations League Finals will be played in June in Las Vegas.

ece52d47-ff74-690a-ddb5-f2fdf7ee737a.jpg

Arrive Early!
We are encouraging everyone coming to the match to arrive early to the stadium on Tuesday night. The stadium is easily accessible by multiple options of public transit; including the GO Train and Toronto Transit Commission (TTC). Details to help you plan your visit can be found here: https://www.bmofield.com/plan-your-visit/direction-parking

Visit the Pre-Match Fan Fest
Once on-site, kick off your match day experience by visiting the Canada Soccer pre-match Fan Fest located outside of Gate 1. Opening two hours before kick off at 6pm, the Fan Fest will feature interactive activations from Canada Soccer and its partners including food sampling and Canada Soccer giveaways. Make sure you hit this up on your way into the venue.

Carlsberg Pre-Match Gathering 
Warm-up for the #CANMNT homecoming at the Official Carlsberg Canada Pre-Match Gathering at the The Craft in Liberty Village (107 Atlantic Ave). Canada Soccer and Carlsberg giveaways available to be won.

Stadium Entry Process 

1.      Security Screening: If you’re bringing a bag, make sure it meets the stadium’s restricted bag policy and prepare for passing through a metal detector. For more information visit: https://www.bmofield.com/plan-your-visit/bag-policy

2.      Ticket Scan: Have your mobile ticket ready for entry. 

Help Create a ‘Sea of Red’ at BMO Field    
Canadians have demonstrated incredible support for the team throughout the squad’s recent FIFA World Cup Qualifying campaign. As the next journey begins, we’re calling on Toronto to once again produce a powerful ‘Sea of Red’ in the stands to help push the team forward.

Gear up in your Canada colours, bring your flags, scarves, anything that will contribute to creating the best possible support for the team. The current forecast for kick off is 2 degrees, so be sure to dress warmly!

Once in the stadium, join in on the singing of ‘O Canada’ and participate in the chants being generated by the Voyageurs Canadian Soccer supporters group

Celebrate Ceremonies!
Canada Soccer will celebrate a number of important player milestones prior to the match as three players are honoured for reaching 50 caps with Canada as well as the presentation of the 2022 Players of the Year Awards.

In addition, Fans are encouraged to ensure they are in their seats before kick off as Canada Soccer honours one of it’s all-time legends as Atiba Hutchinson is recognized for making 100 appearances for Canada across his iconic career.

At halftime, stay in your seats as we celebrate the induction of Richard Hastings into the Canada Soccer Hall of Fame.

Need More Tickets?
Tell your friends, family, teammates and colleagues – we need everyone at the match supporting our Men’s National Team. Seats remain available, so spread the word and help us fill the stadium! Buy Tickets here.

Get fitted with Canada Soccer
Official Canada Soccer apparel including replica jerseys, scarves, headwear and more, will be available at one of the four merchandise kiosks located throughout the stadium.

Join the Conversation on the Socials
Use the hashtags #CANMNT, #WECAN and #CANADARED to join the conversation across social media.

For more information, check out our ‘Need to Know’ pre-match video

Be Loud, Be Proud, Show your support – we can’t wait to see you on Tuesday.

#WECAN

17 hours ago, narduch said:

Another important fact.

Canada has never lost at BMO Field 

Way to tempt the fates.

12 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I met some Costa Ricans in Curacao and they have the same opinion of the Hondurans as we do.  They think all the Central American countries have this thing against Honduras.  From a purely football sense of course.

The only time I have ever felt the least bit of goodwill towards a Honduran team or player was when Luis Garrido absolutely fucked his leg. One of the worst injuries I’ve ever seen live. I do not recommend watching the clip if you have knees.

18 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Nervous.   Anything can happen when we play the great satan. But the boys will be absolutely amped for this one.  Hopefully no typical slow start - would love to see us press them right out of the gates.  Swarm them until they break.  

3-1 for the good guys.  

The boys are talking a big game again. Save the talk of trophies for the post game presser when/if you qualify. Don’t like that at all - perfect dressing room material for Honduras.

If the shoe were on the other foot we would be pissed.

Edited by CanadaFan123

1 minute ago, Alex said:

The sense I’m getting is that these guys are laser focused, expect them to really come out flying. 

I hope you’re right but Honduras is never straightforward. 

To your point, I will say that after that first goal in curacao I was amazed at the intensity.  Immediately 3-5 guys on our team converged and were wide eyed discussing tactics intensely. 

13 hours ago, reggietfc said:

are we expecting a 50 - 50 crowd tomorrow?

If it's still only the lower bowl that's on sale it's looking a little ominous from that angle. Not sure how big the Honduran community is in the GTA though and how likely fans are to travel up from the United States for this when it is a Nations League game rather than a World Cup qualifier.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

If it's still only the lower bowl that's on sale it's looking a little ominous from that angle. Not sure how big the Honduran community is in the GTA though and how likely fans are to travel up from the United States for this when it is a Nations League game rather than a World Cup qualifier.

Granted the scenarios are different but the Jamaica game at BMO was rather lite when it came to fans from the opposition.  Perhaps the colder climate will keep fans away?

As far as the Hondurans are concerned, this is what I’ve rounded up… They arrived in Toronto last Thursday to acclimatize to the conditions.  I’ve read that Luis Palma (one of their brighter prospects) may be out due to illness.  Alberth Elis didn’t make the trip (travel document issue). 

26 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I'm thinking there is a very high probability of Atiba getting the start (likely Oso goes down to the bench) for a final send-off. Thats probably why he was subbed on vs Curaco - to get some action and be ready for tonight. 

I have a hard time seeing Oso go to the bench in Toronto. 

11 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I having been looking into the semi final scenarios. Is this confirmed?

In either case, win or else. #FH

Yes. Mexico will finish 4th if we win. We'll be on 9 points and the USA will be on 10.

Mexico are on 8 points and whoever advances between CR and Panama will have greater than 8 points, hence Mexico will finish 4th.

Panama has 7 points right now and CR has 6 points like Honduras, so they need to win to advance, just as Honduras do. 

Panama are in our position and only need a draw, although unlike us they play away, so tricky for them. 

EDIT - should also add that Honduras beating us would give them 9 points, which is the same thing as us winning tonight as far as Mexico's SF placement is concerned. So basically, a non-draw at BMO and Mexico finish 4th no matter what.

Edited by Obinna

15 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I have a hard time seeing Oso go to the bench in Toronto. 

Well it's him or Kone but I would prefer Kone's range if we're starting Atiba.

Oso didnt start the last time we played Honduras in Toronto in the first match of WCQ so not totally unheard of