CNL: Canada vs Honduras - Tuesday, March 28th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Toronto

This is where our depth might be tough to deal with here. We’re gonna want to sub David off as soon as (if) we have a 2 goal lead, and you probably want Larin subbed off pretty quickly thereafter. With Tajon too, that’s three forwards who risk being suspended for the next round, especially with the card happy ref we have. Brym is probably going to be one of those subs (haters seething mad right now), and there’s also a good chance we see some Akinola tonight as well. Would feel more comfortable with guys like Shaffelburg and Ugbo off the bench. Maybe Loturi gets a look, but I think Herdman is going to prioritize protecting the players on yellows and making conservative subs to just get through the game.

Edited by InglewoodJack

54 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

This is where our depth might be tough to deal with here. We’re gonna want to sub David off as soon as (if) we have a 2 goal lead, and you probably want Larin subbed off pretty quickly thereafter. With Tajon too, that’s three forwards who risk being suspended for the next round, especially with the card happy ref we have. Brym is probably going to be one of those subs (haters seething mad right now), and there’s also a good chance we see some Akinola tonight as well. Would feel more comfortable with guys like Shaffelburg and Ugbo off the bench. Maybe Loturi gets a look, but I think Herdman is going to prioritize protecting the players on yellows and making conservative subs to just get through the game.

Damn - that is a serious list of players to risk losing for the next round if we advance.   Not a fan of that…

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Remember the movie "Thinner"?  We may not have Voodoo curses or parades/hotel fire alarms at 3am, but we have the "white man from town curse"....endless paperwork, denied visas, healthcare forms, arrive can apps, booster shots, zoom meetings etc.  Our version of CONCACAFing those buggers.  

I'm terribly sorry, sir, but you received more than 3 laughing emojis on your post, which means you will have to fill out form GY-FRM-MB-15-FNNY and return it to your nearest Service Manitoba office between the hours of 10am and 10:05 local standard time in St. John's, NFLD.  Apologies for the inconvenience, and well done on the joke.  It was truly very funny.

(Wow.  Never watched Thinner but just looked up the White Man from Town scene.  Very weird and not what I was expecting.  Not sure I could watch the whole movie, particularly with Michael Sofos who can never be anyone else but Costa from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but I am curious.)

Edited by shorty

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

So Kone starts over Hutch.  

If Herdman learned one thing from the World Cup I hope that it was: "Don't fuck around when something's on the line."  Strongest lineup possible.

Really expecting Hutch to get a run out though later.