CNL: Canada vs Honduras - Tuesday, March 28th, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific - Toronto

Just now, jonovision said:

This is the most iffy "back" we've had in a while, unless you're a huge Scott Kennedy guy. The rest of the lineup is tops.

I might be less of a Vitoria/Henry, always play a big man, guy than a big Kennedy guy.  Really hope that speed on the backline makes up for any deficiency.

Just now, baulderdash77 said:

It may be the strongest starting XI we’ve ever fielded IMO.

An ideal back line would have Miller but otherwise that’s our best XI I think.  It’s a super mobile line up front to back though.

I would argue that Cornelius is stronger than Miller.  Offensive threat.

1 minute ago, Mattd97 said:

Sam's lack of starts/minutes since WCQ is weird. Strong side I know, but same side he was key to in qualifiers 

Starting Sam de facto means you’re stuck dropping one of Larin/David (4-3-3), or one of Staq/Kone/Oso (4-4-2). Not saying those aren’t options, but it’s a tough call. I think dropping the 3-man midfield is a non-starter against solid opposition - our CBs need as much help as they can get. Larin and David are both cooking right now, so it’s tough to say no to that. 

1 minute ago, baulderdash77 said:

It may be the strongest starting XI we’ve ever fielded IMO.

An ideal back line would have Miller but otherwise that’s our best XI I think.  It’s a super mobile line up front to back though.

I mean you could quibble about whether Miller or Vitoria or Laryea or even Adekugbe might make the lineup a bit stronger, but overall as a group, I don't think we've ever fielded a better starting XI.  And that's saying something.  

2 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I would argue that Cornelius is stronger than Miller.  Offensive threat.

Miller’s offensive game is underrated. He creates all sorts of transition opportunities with well directed defensive headers. He steps, heads it right to feet, and we break from there. He did it multiple times in qualifying.

7 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

Miller’s offensive game is underrated. He creates all sorts of transition opportunities with well directed defensive headers. He steps, heads it right to feet, and we break from there. He did it multiple times in qualifying.

Agreed. Cornelius is probably more likely to chip in a goal, but Miller is better in transition and more likely to pop up with a line-splitting pass.

Ultimately whoever defends better should get the gig. Not clear to me who that is at this point.

hoping the gents give us a show!  I would appreciate a demonstration of their quality, by locking down their spot in the semis with a straightforward result at home...it's fairly simple, actually, if they are all that.  I think they are, but would rather have it demonstrated!