Moise Bombito

phresh

9 hours ago, PastPros said:

Looked good again tonight. Very lively and pacy. Good passer too. Seems to have certainly locked down a starting spot at CB for Colorado.

Yup saw this too... and in the other game of CBs I saw that Miller and McGraw will both get exposed for pace as the season goes on. 

The Bomb is definitely a player for now and the future.

25 minutes ago, Shway said:

and in the other game of CBs I saw that Miller and McGraw will both get exposed for pace as the season goes on. 

Ya, saw that as well.  Kinda surprised DC couldn't capitalize on that more.  I was disappointed to see MacGraw drop his player a few times as well as bad positioning.  He and Miller are just slow  It's a new partnership and hope the coaching and Crepeau help with the basics, cause having three guys familiar with each other game in and out could be a huge advantage.  They're two CB's with good potential and skill set, but don't seem to compliment each other.  For now it does not pass the eye test.  

2 hours ago, Shway said:

Yup saw this too... and in the other game of CBs I saw that Miller and McGraw will both get exposed for pace as the season goes on. 

Saw bits of that one.  I would agree. 

A side note and moral of the story from that game for me - don't be dumb and appeal for an offside while the ball is live.  Especially doing the Barthez when you are an outfield player in your box.

2 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Trying to watch him a bit.  Looks quite good.  Good percentage passing and a few useful long ones.  Some blocks and smart clearances. Just had a chance blocked.

How's he doing defensively?

I didn’t see too much of the game but just from a fairly naive point of view, it is encouraging that he is playing this sort of role given his age.  Of our MLS defenders:

- Bombito is 23 (soon to be 24)

- Miller, Hiebert and McGraw are 26

- waterman is 28

- MacNaughton is 29

He will be 26 when 2026 rolls around which is prime territory for a CB.  He is athletic and (I think) reasonably fast.  Give him 2 more years of experience and I wouldn’t be shocked if he was out top CB.   

What are we witnessing here?!?!?!

Highest rated Rapid on both FotMob and WhoScored, again!  He seems to have broken out!  This is probably the best news and gift we could've received this early into the year.  I couldn't watch today's match, but he's been impressive and noticeable in the 135 minutes I have watched.

Might be difficult for Biello to role the dice on this one, but he's already won the RCB discussion for me.  

Move to Europe incoming? Getting ahead of myself for sure.

But really seems to be taking control at his position, and with his age, athleticism, and passing ability, I’d love to see him move over and test himself in a lower / mid European league (maybe Belgium?).

Often need more than one year of great play, but Kone did after just one (and a World Cup I guess). Maybe Copa (knock on wood) can be a launching point.

2 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

But really seems to be taking control at his position, and with his age, athleticism, and passing ability, I’d love to see him move over and test himself in a lower / mid European league (maybe Belgium?).

Often need more than one year of great play, but Kone did after just one (and a World Cup I guess). Maybe Copa (knock on wood) can be a launching point.

I don’t think you’re getting ahead of yourself at all. Like Johnston and Buchanan before him, Bombito is rated by coaches, peers, pundits and fans. When there is a consensus on rating a player in MLS, Europe usually comes next and by all accounts this player is special. Herdman put him in the David/Davies category, which is wild considering he could have just said Buchanan/Johnston (or anyone on CMNT really) and it would be a compliment. 

2 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

As long as he doesn't end up on a bench somewhere, given his age he needs minutes and experience.