Moise Bombito

phresh

6 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

One thing I thought after watching him yesterday, if we can get centre backs that are good at long switches - which he showed some of - we absolutely need to take advanatge of that by sending balls in space beyond our pacey wingbacks.  One of the best thing Davies and Buchanan do is make things happen at pace with defenders back-pedaling. 

That means you can maintain a defensive shape against good teams but hit them on the break a different way that uses our fastest players. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

32 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

One thing I thought after watching him yesterday, if we can get centre backs that are good at long switches - which he showed some of - we absolutely need to take advanatge of that by sending balls in space beyond our pacey wingbacks.  One of the best thing Davies and Buchanan do is make things happen at pacey with defenders back-pedaling. 

That means you can maintain a defensive shape against good teams but hit them on the break a different way that uses our fastest players. 

That ability is also good for Flo passes, which can really put teams on the backfoot. Only thing is we don't really have an aerially strong target man who can play a bit wide. 

14 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

That ability is also good for Flo passes, which can really put teams on the backfoot. Only thing is we don't really have an aerially strong target man who can play a bit wide. 

Maybe Bair if he keeps developing, not the worst pace in the world. And I guess Corbeanu if someone made him develop his aerial game. 

Usually requires a totally different defensive setup than we have been running, though.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

7 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

But really seems to be taking control at his position, and with his age, athleticism, and passing ability, I’d love to see him move over and test himself in a lower / mid European league (maybe Belgium?).

colorado sold sam vines to royal antwerp in belgium, so there's a bit of a precedent there

For me, he needs to show that he is the real deal over the course of a whole season.  He is off to a good start so far, but so much of defending (and central defending, in particular) is positioning and reading the play off the ball, tracking opponents movements, etc., so you need a substantial body of work to demonstrate that.

Edited by BearcatSA

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

For me, he needs to show that he is the real deal over the course of a whole season.  He is off to a good start so far, but so much of defending (and central defending, in particular) is positioning and reading the play off the ball, tracking opponents movements, etc., so you need a substantial body of work to demonstrate that.

For sure. It takes a while to establish yourself and earn trust at CB. He looks decent, but let's see how the next couple of seasons go. 

18 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

I fully agree which then makes me wonder about the T and T game. His speed and aerially presence would combat how T and T play. His ceilings higher than waterman. Hes arguably already better than waterman and the team could be better with a right footed cb compared to cornelius at RCB. Everything about this game suggests bombito is the RCB choice.... except the point you made. 

Do we trust a guy with such a small sample size....  

2 hours ago, Bigandy said:

I fully agree which then makes me wonder about the T and T game. His speed and aerially presence would combat how T and T play. His ceilings higher than waterman. Hes arguably already better than waterman and the team could be better with a right footed cb compared to cornelius at RCB. Everything about this game suggests bombito is the RCB choice.... except the point you made. 

Do we trust a guy with such a small sample size....  

As you insinuate.... may very well be a case of "we're screwed if we do and screwed if we don't".  Should be safe enough vs T&T.

Edited by costarg

5 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Biello probably won't, unless he looks like he is really balling it in training.  I really think he was brought in as a swing man for d-mid and the back line.

I flip flop back and forth. 

Bombito is the perfect profile CB to play against T and T's style. We need a RCB. Cornelius hasnt 100% convinced on the right.  Its a low quality opponent. 

Its a risk to start him but its a risk to not have his profile on the field vs t and t. 

I think he doenst start but its 60/40 for me right now.... 

33 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

I flip flop back and forth. 

Bombito is the perfect profile CB to play against T and T's style. We need a RCB. Cornelius hasnt 100% convinced on the right.  Its a low quality opponent. 

Its a risk to start him but its a risk to not have his profile on the field vs t and t. 

I think he doenst start but its 60/40 for me right now.... 

I really like his athleticism and physicals, too.  I will do the wait-and-see like everyone else.

• 2 weeks later...