Should Canada change its jersey look for Qatar?

TGAA_Star

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, gator said:

Maybe this has been discussed but I heard on the broadcast we are the only nation of the 32 without a new World Cup kit? Whatever the reasons it seems like such a missed opportunity and is really not a good look for the program in more ways than one!

Which is why it may be time to leave Nike like I said and go Adidas, New Balance or hell have Canada go to Puma

The whole ‘protest’ is getting some social media play.  It would honestly be a marketing coup for Nike to now secretly design a new kit for Canada and then unveil it at the World Cup in a last minute unveiling at Canada vs Belgium..it’s a storyline that could catch on. Canada..the only team that doesn’t have a new kit..always underestimated and disrespected..Nike, swoops in to fix the mistake making them look like superstars

Edited by pod818

13 hours ago, pod818 said:

The whole ‘protest’ is getting some social media play.  It would honestly be a marketing coup for Nike to now secretly design a new kit for Canada and then unveil it at the World Cup in a last minute unveiling at Canada vs Belgium..it’s a storyline that could catch on. Canada..the only team that doesn’t have a new kit..always underestimated and disrespected..Nike, swoops in to fix the mistake making them look like superstars

Or even better, secretly wear newly designed jerseys by company/designer X the first game while simultaneously announcing they are dropping Nike for all their bs.  
As I heard one YouTuber who was reviewing all the WC home kits say, perhaps maybe Canada is lucky they are wearing the same kit because the majority of the teams have new shirts that look like trash - especially the Nike and Puma ones.

On 9/23/2022 at 3:41 PM, TGAA_Star said:

Maybe Canada should leave Nike and if they do, either go back to Adidas or you go New Balance for kit sponsorship

Or Macron. I know they wouldn't have been dealing with manufacturing the kind of numbers as would be expected for a Canada World Cup jersey, but they don't seem to be asking for 18 months of lead up time to make jerseys for the CPL teams, and I think they've done a good job with CPL jerseys (though fashion is the furthest thing from my expertise).

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

Or Macron. I know they wouldn't have been dealing with manufacturing the kind of numbers as would be expected for a Canada World Cup jersey, but they don't seem to be asking for 18 months of lead up time to make jerseys for the CPL teams, and I think they've done a good job with CPL jerseys (though fashion is the furthest thing from my expertise).

I've noticed Macron on more and more Euro clubs too now.

They probably could have handled this gor Canada 

3 hours ago, Jedi Ram said:

Since the WC jersey kits announcement dropped, I have been shopping for Argentina Messi kit, and did notice that it doesn't come with the WC Qatar patch on the sleeves...is that normal or what ?

I have two jerseys from WC 2018 and there were no additional patches. You can probably track them down online somewhere and add them yourself.

On 9/25/2022 at 11:03 AM, narduch said:

I've noticed Macron on more and more Euro clubs too now.

They probably could have handled this gor Canada 

Anyone (except maybe Score) would be better than Nike, but yes, Macron's growing very quickly, and they do a pretty nice job.  They do our rugby kits, photos of which I've posted before, but here's a link, kits at the bottom of the page:  https://store.rugby.ca/collections/macron-1

Going with Macron is by far the biggest accomplishment for Rugby Canada over the past 30 years.  If anyone thinks footie in this country could be run better, take a dive into the raging turd fire that is Rugby Canada.

Edited by vancanman

On 9/25/2022 at 10:57 AM, Kent said:

You're spot on.  Having been loosely associated with the business in the past, there's no way it would take 18 months' lead time (unless you're Nike) to come up with a new kit, get it produced, and distribute it.  

Edited by vancanman
Because I'm old and I can't type.

At this point a new kit isn't happening. 

What Nike and Canada Soccer could do is flood the market with the kits in advance of the world cup. 

Outside of us nutbags (and I mean that in the nicest way) how many canadians own a canada soccer jersey? The release of a new kit is nice and it usually generates big $$ but the release of out current kit to the mass market at a reasonable price could do the same thing from a revenue perspective. 

Make the kit as main stream as a jays/raptors/NHL teams jersey and then build. 

1 hour ago, David Pinto said:

At this point a new kit isn't happening. 

What Nike and Canada Soccer could do is flood the market with the kits in advance of the world cup. 

Outside of us nutbags (and I mean that in the nicest way) how many canadians own a canada soccer jersey? The release of a new kit is nice and it usually generates big $$ but the release of out current kit to the mass market at a reasonable price could do the same thing from a revenue perspective. 

Make the kit as main stream as a jays/raptors/NHL teams jersey and then build. 

From what I hear, and what I know of both Nike and the CSA, I'm sure it's still much easier to find kits from other countries in most places in Canada, and if you do find a Canada kit, they're not cheap.

13 hours ago, kacbru said:

I honestly think sending a team, adding to the value of the tournament and then doing this is a bit hypocritical.