Should Canada change its jersey look for Qatar?

TGAA_Star

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, ted said:

And what makes you think Nike didn't submit preliminary designs at that time for all the teams they supply that still had a chance of qualifying? No offence to my designer friends, but paying for designs for Canada and other "minnows" is chump change for Nike.

The assumption that Nike could not produce a new kit flies is based on the idea that a multi-national corporation of that size is totally incompetent. I would expect that Nike already had suppliers lined up, production time booked at factories, and even shipping companies scheduled last fall.

They could be incompetent I suppose, but until they say they aren't doing it, I have to assume they are.

Nick Bontis on Northern Futbol podcast said Nike needs 18 months to bring a new design to market. Add in covid, it wasn't a priority item for Nike.

He then said they would need to move mountains now to get a new kit for the men's World Cup. But a request has been made to Nike.

A new design for the women's World Cup is currently being considered.

Edited by red card

19 minutes ago, vancanman said:

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 2.01.41.png

If Canada actually does get something new from Nike before the World Cup, I would expect the general idea to be right along these lines. Red as a primary and either black or white as the clash kit. Some kind of subtle maple leaf worked into the design. No reason to overthink it beyond that. 

Everyone else is going to try to be sleek and current.  Nice clean lines with maybe some ghost printing of this or that camo'd into it, you know a little hidden treasure you really have to look at to find.  There's going to be a virtual herd of "bespoke" corporate kits out there designed using an algorithm.  Fu'k that shit.   If everyone is dressing up you need to dress down.  Go full out retro.  Something so hideous even I wouldn't buy it, 1st World Cup Finals in 36 years or no. 

A bit.. fat...maple leaf.  Big enough to be worthy of a hockey jersey.  And stich those numbers on the back, using canvas.  None of those sissy heat press vinyl numerals.  I want that kit to hold it shape whether there is a body inside of it or not.

Colour won't matter once that maple leaf wheel cover is riveted on, there's no mistaking that.  So wing it.  Red, black, blue, gold.  You do you, Soccer Canada.    

Maple Leaf tartan for the shorts, that will scare the opposition.  I'd say socks to match but meh, whatever. 

I pretty sure FIFA won't allow a Metis sash.  Might be worth a try.  Make them tell you "No." sort of exercise. 

Just a thought. 

P.S.  To be clear, I'm only half joking (if that) about this.  Soccer Canada needs to tell Nike how it's going to be if there is going to be any relationship going forward.  And that means a unique kit, including the cut.   

5 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Everyone else is going to try to be sleek and current.  Nice clean lines with maybe some ghost printing of this or that camo'd into it, you know a little hidden treasure you really have to look at to find.  There's going to be a virtual herd of "bespoke" corporate kits out there designed using an algorithm.  Fu'k that shit.   If everyone is dressing up you need to dress down.  Go full out retro.  Something so hideous even I wouldn't buy it, 1st World Cup Finals in 36 years or no. 

A bit.. fat...maple leaf.  Big enough to be worthy of a hockey jersey.  And stich those numbers on the back, using canvas.  None of those sissy heat press vinyl numerals.  I want that kit to hold it shape whether there is a body inside of it or not.

Colour won't matter once that maple leaf wheel cover is riveted on, there's no mistaking that.  So wing it.  Red, black, blue, gold.  You do you, Soccer Canada.    

Maple Leaf tartan for the shorts, that will scare the opposition.  I'd say socks to match but meh, whatever. 

I pretty sure FIFA won't allow a Metis sash.  Might be worth a try.  Make them tell you "No." sort of exercise. 

Just a thought. 

P.S.  To be clear, I'm only half joking (if that) about this.  Soccer Canada needs to tell Nike how it's going to be if there is going to be any relationship going forward.  And that means a unique kit, including the cut.   

image.png.3cd57f191e54a94b1b5ef26112a777d8.png

A red and white unique maple leaf kit should be our home jersey like think how the stars and stripes they incorporated for USA for 2014...I would go along those lines a maple leaf striped jersey for a home kit and then for an away kit for Nike I would go all black but also incorporate the red and white

Just as jersey kit ideas

18 months to design a new kit … gimme a break.  

And if true, sowhat has Nike been doing for 18 months while they were designing kits for other countries?  Did they not think maybe, just maybe, Canada would qualify?   Shame on Nike if we don’t get a new kit …. Maybe we need Bieber and Drake to come in to design a new kit, lol.

Sorry not buying the Nike BS

1 minute ago, A Different Perspective said:

18 months to design a new kit … gimme a break.  

And if true, sowhat has Nike been doing for 18 months while they were designing kits for other countries?  Did they not think maybe, just maybe, Canada would qualify?   Shame on Nike if we don’t get a new kit …. Maybe we need Bieber and Drake to come in to design a new kit, lol.

Sorry not buying the Nike BS

They could have been working on it since last November at the very least.

This is bs from Nike. 

I bet Macron could pump out something interesting in way less time

16 hours ago, A Different Perspective said:

And if true, sowhat has Nike been doing for 18 months while they were designing kits for other countries?

16 hours ago, narduch said:

This is bs from Nike.

Sorry, did I miss some sort of actual announcement from Nike?

All I have seen is articles about how most kits won't be revealed until around September if past World Cups are anything to go by.

19 minutes ago, ted said:

All I have seen is articles about how most kits won't be revealed until around September if past World Cups are anything to go by.

I think it was Nick Bontis who said it was very unlikely due to the fact that it would have needed to have been started months ago, and it wasn't.

21 minutes ago, ted said:

Nick Bontis was interviewed on Northern Futbol podcast.

Basically doesn't sound promising 

My lord, look at those jerseys! Macron have been knocking it out the park.

I love Nike (just for the clout), but I would love Macron to do complete bespoke like they’ve been doing.

Maybe the prices wouldn’t be too high as well.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:13 AM, Shway said:

At this point, if we do get something new. It will be one of these, with the CSA logo slapped on it. 

This is the unfortunate reality.  We’ll either get a very generic ‘new’ kit or have to use the current one.  Canada wasn’t getting wider attention before 6 months ago, so we were probably very low on Nike’s priority list.  The one thing that should have helped us by going with a sportswear giant was product availability and they completely fucked up.  If it wasn’t so close to the World Cup, I’d say give Nike the finger and take our business elsewhere.  After this jersey cycle, we should leave on principle. Now that we’re guaranteed to be in this and the next World Cup we should definitely shop around and align with a company that will give us attention. Canadians buy a lot of shit so we’ll be in high demand.

23 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

This is the unfortunate reality.  We’ll either get a very generic ‘new’ kit or have to use the current one.  Canada wasn’t getting wider attention before 6 months ago, so we were probably very low on Nike’s priority list.  The one thing that should have helped us by going with a sportswear giant was product availability and they completely fucked up.  If it wasn’t so close to the World Cup, I’d say give Nike the finger and take our business elsewhere.  After this jersey cycle, we should leave on principle. Now that we’re guaranteed to be in this and the next World Cup we should definitely shop around and align with a company that will give us attention. Canadians buy a lot of shit so we’ll be in high demand.

Canada should go to Adidas again or instead Canada should go to Puma