Should Canada change its jersey look for Qatar?

TGAA_Star

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/7/2022 at 12:27 PM, ted said:

When was this?

Why would the CSA have to request new kits for the World Cup? All the manufacturers want the teams they equip at the World Cup to be in new designs. As I said previously, it also seems unlikely that NIKE would not pre-book production facilities and suppliers based on teams that could still qualify especially since the bookings would have been made long before qualification was finished in Europe.

Sadly, it is is possible, but what an embarrassment for NIKE that would be. Total incompetence from such a large manufacturer seems so unlikely.

Although it was several years ago, having dealt with them as a supplier for several years, I can tell you that described Nike to a tee.

9 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Ain't Nike going to introduce there Kits at the end of September ?. I have only seen the USA Kits leaked and they are not all that great. 

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that their W/C jerseys were not a very big hit with their fans.

Edited by MtlMario

8 minutes ago, canadave said:

A bunch of Nike kits for the World Cup just leaked. Canada nowhere to be found. https://news.sportslogos.net/2022/09/12/a-dozen-new-national-team-kits-leak-includes-eight-2022-world-cup-designs/soccer/

Notably, several non-WC Nike nations got new kits, too.

Turkey has our jersey. You can envision a maple leaf.

.....and yoo they went hard for Nigeria again, too bad they are not at the WC 🙃. I wonder if their sales will remain the same.

25 minutes ago, Shway said:

Turkey has our jersey. You can envision a maple leaf.

.....and yoo they went hard for Nigeria again, too bad they are not at the WC 🙃. I wonder if their sales will remain the same.

You got my attention :)

Yes, shame they botched it against Ghana. Big miss for them considering all the offensive talent. 

I doubt people are going to be buying tons of jerseys now, but we'll see. Every time they qualify all the Nigerians I know cop the new editions, but I would be surprised to see that this time around. 

We basically knew by end of November last year that we were headed to the World Cup.

Nike sucks. I'm not buying any of their excuses here. They simply didn't try hard enough.

These large companies are lazy. When we do end up getting a new jersey in 2023 I bet it will be off the same templates they used at this World Cup. 

Edited by narduch

1 minute ago, narduch said:

We basically knew by end of November last year that we were headed to the World Cup.

Nike sucks. I'm not buying any of their excuses here. They simply didn't ltry hard enough 

As far as I can tell, Canada is the only team at Qatar that will not have a new kit. Did Nike predict every other team other than us to make the World Cup? I don’t understand how that’s possible unless I’m missing something. 

6 minutes ago, Floortom said:

As far as I can tell, Canada is the only team at Qatar that will not have a new kit. Did Nike predict every other team other than us to make the World Cup? I don’t understand how that’s possible unless I’m missing something. 

Part of the issue is probably the fact that the CSA didn't put enough pressure on Nike to make this happen.

Most teams get a new jersey every couple of years anyway.

If you don't make the World Cup you can still use that as your new jersey