Should Canada change its jersey look for Qatar?

TGAA_Star

1 hour ago, narduch said:

They are selling the black with Davies name and number for $250!

I noticed that like a week ago, but then I realized there are "Replica" jersey's and "Authentic" jerseys. The prices are the same regardless of if it is red, white, or black. The only factors are replica vs authentic and name+number vs blank. Note that it doesn't matter what name and number you have, Davies, David, custom, all the same price.

Replica with no name - $125
Replica with name - $155
Authentic with no name - $200
Authentic with name - $250

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kent said:

I noticed that like a week ago, but then I realized there are "Replica" jersey's and "Authentic" jerseys. The prices are the same regardless of if it is red, white, or black. The only factors are replica vs authentic and name+number vs blank. Note that it doesn't matter what name and number you have, Davies, David, custom, all the same price.

Replica with name - $155

Wow. Just as an aside, I bought the "Soccer Legend" Tee with Davies name and number on the back from Sportchek for $50 and it's actually really nice. I know it's not even a replica but it's loads cheaper and I still feel like I'm doing my very small part to show support. Would recommend as an option to an actual kit is my overall point.

Edited by PegCityCam
Sp

I'll just answer my own question...quoted from this article:

https://theathletic.com/3596206/2022/09/15/canada-world-cup-kits/

"It’s believed the process of Nike designing and creating a new kit can take approximately 18 months. For a kit to have been released with the other Nike World Cup kits this month, that process would have had to begin in approximately March 2021."

Guess that means we'll never get a new kit.  CSA can't even tell anyone if fans can attend the friendly that is being held next week.  That info has to come from the stadium itself (or the opposing team).  I mean, presumably the CSA has to be in touch with organizers at some point to at the very least get directions to the stadium.  Maybe just include a question about fans and pass that info along?

Just now, jonovision said:

I don't care a lick that we didn't get a new kit. What I do find annoying is how difficult the combined efforts of Canada Soccer and Nike have made it to actually buy one of the current ones.

Seriously. You should be able to buy these at any sports store.

There should be major displays at Walmarts and Canadian Tires stores. Have jerseys and t-shirts available.

It's a major missed opportunity.

4 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I don't care a lick that we didn't get a new kit. What I do find annoying is how difficult the combined efforts of Canada Soccer and Nike have made it to actually buy one of the current ones.

What do you mean?

You don’t want a Davies jersey? All the sizes are in stock!

image.thumb.png.3602b5b07e18f694f00f1dc9026d86c5.png

🤭

Can we please stop with this New Kit Bull shit . Yeas It sucks we dont have one like the rest of the Nike teams, and it kind of feels like we are being ignored . Ive seen the New Nike gear and they are ugly, So I am sure if we got a new one from Nike people here will be whining how ugly they are Blame the CSA Crap, or Trudeau. It has been fucking 36 years since we have been to the Big Show and is this what people have found to Bitch about , Seriously . 

55 minutes ago, ted said:

I think Herdman should use this in his prep for motivation. "No one believed we were gonna be here. No one thinks we can win a game. Let's prove them wrong."

He already is! 😁. Or at least by association. 

I care and don't care about the kit. I get it its a shirt. But this is a missed marketing opportunity. 

What annoys me is that the CSA dropped the ball again. Or never intended to pick it up in the 1st place. This is just another example in a very long line of the CSA not giving a shit about the sport or not being capable of doing the simple things. 

Like:

-announcing a roster drop

- letting fans know if they can go and support their team in a stadium.

- market this team before the start of a world cup in its own market.

-find resources to hold camps for all levels

The list goes on and fucking on.

It makes me feel that CSB is essentially  running the show and does not give a shit about the nat teams as long as they get money to prop up their CPL buisness venture. 

What makes me hopeful for the future is Sam's quote above. Because of Herdman and this TED Talkness the players care avout the future of the game in this country. i belive that they are the only ones who will be able to change this shit, and only from within 

12 hours ago, Vasi said:

It makes me feel that CSB is essentially  running the show and does not give a shit about the nat teams as long as they get money to prop up their CPL buisness venture.

That makes no sense to me. If CSB was, "running the show" they would want to maximize their profit by properly promoting the National Teams. This should be a windfall opportunity for their business.

I would prefer it if the CSA turned everything over to CSB frankly. This half-in situation where the CSA makes decisions and leaves CSB to deal with them means that the amateurs are in charge. The CSA has long been a bastion of (mostly) well-intentioned incompetence.

19 hours ago, Vasi said:

Nike deal was with Canada Soccer. If CSB was running the show, Macron would likely have been also the national team kit supplier.

Nike did put out a new kit out for the women's team for the Tokyo Olympics. As per the Athletic article, Nike viewed the women's team as a global brand. Discussions about what the women's kit would be for the 2023 World Cup occurred 3 years ago.

It looks like the previous CSA prez who signed the Nike deal & Nike itself were only going to focus on the men to be ready for 2026. I will blame the CSA for not asking to be updated about the kit situation regularly (especially after the Gold medal win) as Bontis mentioned he met with Nike only this spring. Is this due to lack of funds to hire more marketing people? Would a more business-focused CSB kept better tabs on Nike?

On 9/15/2022 at 8:54 PM, Kent said:

Replica with name - $155

Unless you are 2XL, there are no replica home kits available. As I sadly found out today. No new kits, no old replica kits.

On 9/15/2022 at 8:28 PM, kacbru said:

Guess that means we'll never get a new kit.  CSA can't even tell anyone if fans can attend the friendly that is being held next week.  That info has to come from the stadium itself (or the opposing team).  I mean, presumably the CSA has to be in touch with organizers at some point to at the very least get directions to the stadium.  Maybe just include a question about fans and pass that info along?

I mean I can see us with a new kit probably after Qatar 2022 leading up into Gold Cup 2023 if that