Should Canada change its jersey look for Qatar?

TGAA_Star

10 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Canada is not even mentioned as a country that you can select on Nike.CA

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 11.13.00 AM.png

Nike tiers countries/clubs. These are their current Tier 1 countries. Looks like they already downgraded Qatar as they were part of this list last month.

If you're part of the lower tiers, they outsource nearly everything from production to distribution to a third party. So, the kit is just Nike teamwear with a badge. 

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve been working on a project of creating concept kits for all the teams in the World Cup as a way to get myself hyped up and to work on my creative skills. Anyways here’s my Canada concept. The home uses the classic canadian symbolisms, maple leaves and plaid cuffs on the sleeves. The away honours our winter climate and frozen fortresses during our historic qualifying campaign.

CBC44E99-46BC-4D98-BA75-37CC3FBDB126.jpeg

16 hours ago, Fresh Prince of MTL said:

I’ve been working on a project of creating concept kits for all the teams in the World Cup as a way to get myself hyped up and to work on my creative skills. Anyways here’s my Canada concept. The home uses the classic canadian symbolisms, maple leaves and plaid cuffs on the sleeves. The away honours our winter climate and frozen fortresses during our historic qualifying campaign.

I wish we played in white shorts with our red shirts, and vice versa, which we did for a very short time.  Anyway, since we don't...

I really like the red.  The hoser tartan on the sleeves is a really nice touch.  I'd do it on the sock turnovers as well.

If you told me you'd put blue on the white kit, I'd tell you I hate it without looking at it, but luckily that didn't happen.  That's quite creative.  Very sharp.

Now that you've put these together, you can send it off to Nike, and they'll rip off your designs, and after 18 months, they'll get around to handing them over to their band of chimps in their distribution department who'll screw up every order, then nothing'll be available until the following World Cup.  Or, better yet, fire it off to Umbro, collect a nice wad of cash, and they'll get it into production and fired off to retailers from coast to coast to coast.  Translation:  I'd prefer it without a swoosh.

Edited by vancanman

16 hours ago, Fresh Prince of MTL said:

Definitely would go for these as our 2026 jerseys when we host...this is God damn beautiful no I'm serious

• 6 months later...
8 minutes ago, canadave said:

Another template kit. Embarrassing stuff.

I know the black kits are popular with the kids, but I would rather Canada just wear white or red.

I like a black kit...but a black custom kit that has some red in it. 
like this...
image.png.08ed27ee9f0713ae180634c9f4678ca6.png

Not this....

image.png.4e6cf722085e99949e90fdb92a53c6e3.png