TFC - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

So what is Altidore's status, just curious? Asking as I just saw he married Sloane Stephens last week (was looking at Australia Open draw today), and she is not only born and based in Florida, but they married there. I know a tennis player is travelling year-round, but still, you'd think he'd look for some viable option. 

His contract runs to the end of 2022, that right?

47 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So what is Altidore's status, just curious? Asking as I just saw he married Sloane Stephens last week (was looking at Australia Open draw today), and she is not only born and based in Florida, but they married there. I know a tennis player is travelling year-round, but still, you'd think he'd look for some viable option. 

His contract runs to the end of 2022, that right?

Buyout is still on the table. Maybe they are waiting until this transfer window is closed before doing that? In case a team takes a punt?

Other then that I wonder what are the odds they keep him until the summer window. If they can't get someone in this window, maybe seeing what he has until the summer would make some sense?

Not sure if the buyout is lower if they wait until the summer window as well. 

23 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

what he has is more injuries unfortunately. TFC would also be tying up a DP spot. If they cant move him they need to buy him out

Ah looked up the rules.

"Buyout of Guaranteed Contract
A club may buyout one player (including a Designated Player) who has a Guaranteed Contract during the offseason and free up the corresponding Salary Budget space. Such a buyout is at the club's expense.

A club may not free up space in the Salary Budget with a buyout of a player's contract during the season. If a club buys out a player's contract during the season, the buyout amount will be charged against the club's Salary Budget."

So looks like they will have to buy him out. Not sure when the roster compliance date is for 2022 season. I would assume Feb 26th when the first games get underway. 

I guess they will keep waiting until the transfer window closes hoping someone will take a punt? 

With Salcedo onboard I think the back line is set now.  

What is the TFC projected staring lineup assuming Bradley’s 4-3-3 formation?

Ive got:

Bono

Auro. Salcedo.  Mavinga.  Lawrence.  

Osorio.  Bradley.  Delgado.   

Shaffelburg.   Pozuelo.   Insigne.  

Is that what the starting lineup looks like?

12 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

With Salcedo onboard I think the back line is set now.  

What is the TFC projected staring lineup assuming Bradley’s 4-3-3 formation?

Ive got:

Bono

Osorio.  Bradley.  Delgado.   

Shaffelburg.   Pozuelo.   Insigne.  

Is that what the starting lineup looks like?

I assume when Akinola signs they will start him up top.

Bono

Bradley.  Delgado/Priso.  

Osorio.   Pozuelo.    Insigne. 

Akinola